The cold hard facts of life Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Barack Obama speaks Friday at the University of Illinois, where he was receiving an award for ethics in government.

Former President Barack Obama on Friday used a speech at the University of Illinois to sharply criticize his successor as well as claim ownership of the U.S. economic recovery.

Speaking in Urbana, Ill., where he received an award for ethics in government, Obama recalled that the U.S. economy was losing 800,000 jobs a month when he entered office.

“We worked hard to end that crisis but also break some of these longer-term trends,” said Obama, who is planning a series of campaign trips ahead of the midterm elections in November.

“By the time I left office, household income was near its all-time high, and the uninsured rate had hit an all-time low and wages were rising,” he said. “I mention all this so when you hear how great the economy is doing right now, let’s just remember when this recovery started.

“I’m glad it’s continued, but when you hear about this economic miracle that’s been going on ... I have to kind of remind them, actually those job numbers are kind of the same as they were in 2015 and 2016.”

On that, Obama is correct. U.S. job growth averaged 226,000 per month in 2015, 195,000 in 2016, 182,000 in 2017 and, so far this year, 207,000.

No link in OP. Closed.

edward37

Last edited by a moderator:
Barack Obama speaks Friday at the University of Illinois, where he was receiving an award for ethics in government.

Former President Barack Obama on Friday used a speech at the University of Illinois to sharply criticize his successor as well as claim ownership of the U.S. economic recovery.

Speaking in Urbana, Ill., where he received an award for ethics in government, Obama recalled that the U.S. economy was losing 800,000 jobs a month when he entered office.

“We worked hard to end that crisis but also break some of these longer-term trends,” said Obama, who is planning a series of campaign trips ahead of the midterm elections in November.

“By the time I left office, household income was near its all-time high, and the uninsured rate had hit an all-time low and wages were rising,” he said. “I mention all this so when you hear how great the economy is doing right now, let’s just remember when this recovery started.

“I’m glad it’s continued, but when you hear about this economic miracle that’s been going on ... I have to kind of remind them, actually those job numbers are kind of the same as they were in 2015 and 2016.”

On that, Obama is correct. U.S. job growth averaged 226,000 per month in 2015, 195,000 in 2016, 182,000 in 2017 and, so far this year, 207,000.
And you accuse Republicans of supporting a liar.

Only because you do.

Only because you do.
Obama just lied his ass off, and you support him.

"Ethics in government?" The guy who orchestrated a coup against his successor?

The most corrupt POTUS in history lecturing on ethics in govt.

Only in Libtardland.

Only because you do.
Obama just lied his ass off, and you support him.

"Ethics in government?" The guy who orchestrated a coup against his successor?
Where is the lie ? The facts about employment are there in black and white I know facts to republicans are like garlic or sunlight is to vampires

Award for ethics in government?

They are trying to out-crazy the peace prize?

Ethnics....ROFLMFAO!

Watergate.png

Giving Americans biggest traitor an Ethics in Government award is the biggest joke ever. World's funniest joke in the Monty Python skit

Yeah, that lying Obama - multiple multi-million dollar fraud settlements, multiple hush money agreements, multiple bankruptcies, multiple divorces, multiple-thousands of lawsuits. No wonder you think he's a liar. I wouldn't trust anyone with a past like that either. And it helps me understand why you take Trump's word for Obama's coup attempt.

Trump today! Trump tomorrow! Trump forever!

:auiqs.jpg:

“We worked hard to end that crisis but also break some of these longer-term trends,” said Obama

Thanks ed!

Manafort, Cohen, Gates, Stone - they can't come to the White House, 'cause they're in the Big House.

:auiqs.jpg:I'm sure that Obama would have accepted responsibility for a failing economy when he got his latest participation trophy.
:rolleyes-41:

What exactly are "life Republicans"? Or, perhaps, "facts of life Republicans"?

We're currently in a punctuation shortage, OE - primarily caused by excessive exclamations in all-caps tweets. It's always something.

Ah, that's how trickle-down really works: The vandalism perpetrated on the English language at the top filters down through the ranks until, at the very bottom, no one is able to think, or express themselves, with any clarity.

Anyway, good to see you, old friend, and a very happy 2020 to you and yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back