The China US conflict

America has used its military to mass murder its own population than China has.
You've mass murdered your own people for being the wrong skin colour and others for being on strike.

You should really study some Chinese history.

Prove me wrong by posting a list of wars started by China and compare that to the list I posted for America.
If the list is longer, and the numbers dead, greater, I'll be happy to admit defeat on this point.

Your initial claim was about "expansion," in which case the claim is false. Trying to shift the focus to "started by" opens the door to the question as to who "started" what and even what constitutes "started" in the first place which, given your abiding anti-Americanism, will undoubtedly be naught but fruitless disputation.

So compare American against Chinese military bases outside their own country and so who tends to display expansionist traits.
Why do I have to be anti American for pointing out your evil history?

Compared to China? Don't be absurd.

Do you condemn murder of unarmed American civilians by the American military?
You are as ignorant as your question.

However, if some asshole goes overseas, joins al-Queda and conspires to kill others, then no, I don't condemn it.

So, execution without trial is no problem; where do you draw the line and require a trial, due process, lawyers and so on?
However, I was actually looking at my previous list, none were terrorists.

China has wanted Formosa back for many years, but fears the US and it's military power.

Deng said decades ago that China was in no hurry to get back Taiwan. They could do without millions of anti-Communist trouble makers. Maybe in a hundred years they would recover the island by force, he said.

I think the Chinese just think a war over Taiwan is not worth the trouble or the expense.

However, if some asshole goes overseas, joins al-Queda and conspires to kill others, then no, I don't condemn it.

So, execution without trial is no problem; where do you draw the line and require a trial, due process, lawyers and so on?

Very good point. I have long been of the opinion that in WWII in Europe every GI should have been accompanied by a lawyer so that legal proceedings could be commenced against any German soldier that the GI might see in his sights.

This due process would, have course, resulted in the deaths of a few million lawyers but I think that would have a price worth paying.

Very good point. I have long been of the opinion that in WWII in Europe every GI should have been accompanied by a lawyer so that legal proceedings could be commenced against any German soldier that the GI might see in his sights.

This due process would, have course, resulted in the deaths of a few million lawyers but I think that would have a price worth paying.
:lol:

Don't know and can't be bothered with silly lists, but I would draw the line for para-judicial execution where America could exercise jurisdiction. Osama is an excellent example, or it you insist on a US citizen then that idiot they killed in Yemen.

I would never accept that by being a US citizen you could conspire to kill Americans and freely do so because a sheriff cannot be sent to make an arrest. That's nuts.

Don't know and can't be bothered with silly lists, but I would draw the line for para-judicial execution where America could exercise jurisdiction. Osama is an excellent example, or it you insist on a US citizen then that idiot they killed in Yemen.

I would never accept that by being a US citizen you could conspire to kill Americans and freely do so because a sheriff cannot be sent to make an arrest. That's nuts.

I don't believe I brought up that case but I did make note of the American military being used to kill unarmed striking American miners and unarmed American collage students.

Will posters condemn these misuses of military force?

I don't believe I brought up that case but I did make note of the American military being used to kill unarmed striking American miners and unarmed American collage students.

If you're talking about Kent State then you may as well read up on the events and the meaning of a phrases like "being used to kill" before spewing stupidity.

If you're talking about Kent State then you may as well read up on the events and the meaning of a phrases like "being used to kill" before spewing stupidity.

Are you saying the American troops didn't open fire on unarmed students?

America has used its military to mass murder its own population than China has.
You've mass murdered your own people for being the wrong skin colour and others for being on strike.

Prove me wrong by posting a list of wars started by China and compare that to the list I posted for America.
If the list is longer, and the numbers dead, greater, I'll be happy to admit defeat on this point.

Your initial claim was about "expansion," in which case the claim is false. Trying to shift the focus to "started by" opens the door to the question as to who "started" what and even what constitutes "started" in the first place which, given your abiding anti-Americanism, will undoubtedly be naught but fruitless disputation.

So compare American against Chinese military bases outside their own country and so who tends to display expansionist traits.

Expansionism means something. Stop trying to move the goalposts to fit your preconceived conclusion. Apples and oranges, little man.

China has wanted Formosa back for many years, but fears the US and it's military power.

Deng said decades ago that China was in no hurry to get back Taiwan. They could do without millions of anti-Communist trouble makers. Maybe in a hundred years they would recover the island by force, he said.

I think the Chinese just think a war over Taiwan is not worth the trouble or the expense.

They're right, and at present they couldn't do it anyway.

I am saying your grasp of English is weak or you're a disingenuous self-righteous wanker. As they are not mutually exclusive, both are indeed possible.

Expansionism means something. Stop trying to move the goalposts to fit your preconceived conclusion. Apples and oranges, little man.

ex·pan·sion·ism
ikˈspanSHəˌnizəm/Submit
noun
the policy of territorial or economic expansion.
"the post-colonial critique of Western expansionism"

America does the former by use of military power; China the latter by trade.
Which one is worse?

I am saying your grasp of English is weak or you're a disingenuous self-righteous wanker. As they are not mutually exclusive, both are indeed possible.

I see absolutely no condemnation, only deflection in an attempt to avoid answering.

IDAHO 1892 Troops Army suppresses silver miners' strike.
CHICAGO 1894 Troops Breaking of rail strike, 34 killed.
IDAHO 1899-1901 Troops Army occupies Coeur d'Alene mining region.
WASHINGTON DC 1932 Troops Army stops WWI vet bonus protest.
DETROIT l967 Troops Army battles African Americans, 43 killed.
UNITED STATES l968 Troops After King is shot; over 21,000 soldiers in cities.
LOS ANGELES 1992 Troops Army, Marines deployed against anti-police uprising.
SOUTH DAKOTA l973 Command operation Army directs Wounded Knee siege of Lakotas.

And, just to make the point...
4 Kent State Students Killed by Troops

The troops, who were used when police should have been there, opened fire and killed several people.
They later used the excuse of a sniper who, according to the reporter, didn't exist.
He was there and heard no gunshots until the troops murdered the students.

Now, there it is, clear, unambiguous and no mention of terrorists, just American civilians.

Please answer.

Is using troops against your own civilian population acceptable?

It's true! In 1970 the US Government unleashed the entire might of its armed forces on the students of America! Four (4) were killed at Kent State but the target of 400,000 was not quite reached.

(It is thought that the cull fell a little short short of the intended total because of: A) poor marksmanship and B) the failure to use tactical nuclear weapons).

It's true! In 1970 the US Government unleashed the entire might of its armed forces on the students of America! Four (4) were killed at Kent State but the target of 400,000 was not quite reached.

(It is thought that the cull fell a little short short of the intended total because of: A) poor marksmanship and B) the failure to use tactical nuclear weapons).

I see sarcasm but no condemnation.
American troops murdered unarmed American civilians but you say nothing.

I see sarcasm but no condemnation.
American troops murdered unarmed American civilians but you say nothing.

I cannot speak for anyone else but as far as I am concerned, I never enjoy the loss of life even that of a sworn enemy. The death is always regrettable.

I hate to foul up a great hyperbolic rant with the truth, but it was the Governor of Ohio who sent the NATIONAL GUARD to Kent State. The US Government had nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back