"The Children are fine" Child Protective worker. They were dead.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
So many angles here. I am NOT just picking on Florida as there are problems everywhere but Florida does seem to have more than their share of these kinds of problems.

It seems to me that if DeSantis was truly pro-life this would be something at the top of his list to address.

Will anyone be held accountable? Not likely.

Florida child welfare agency said the kids were doing fine. Actually, they were dead

Part of the reason that Florida's child protective services is so poor is because of the transient population.

So many angles here. I am NOT just picking on Florida as there are problems everywhere but Florida does seem to have more than their share of these kinds of problems.

It seems to me that if DeSantis was truly pro-life this would be something at the top of his list to address.

Florida child welfare agency said the kids were doing fine. Actually, they were dead

What is anyone supposed to do?

The caretakers are exhausted and burned out. Nurses. Doctors, Cops, teachers, social workers, etc. The needs are profound and the people willing to go where the needs are diminish seemingly by the day.

This is unsustainable. I don't know where we go from here tbh.

Part of the reason that Florida's child protective services is so poor is because of the transient population.

A population supporting Florida's economy and not something that allows those who are supposed to be protecting the children to shirk their duties.

The caretakers are exhausted and burned out. Nurses. Doctors, Cops, teachers, social workers, etc. The needs are profound and the people willing to go where the needs are diminish seemingly by the day.

Make it harder to access contraception and abortion.

Maybe we are at the point we need to bring orphanages back.

I'm not kidding. Some children would clearly do better being raised by (hopefully) well-paid teachers who would board with them rather than with so-called "parents".

It's only going to get worse because as a country we are not pro-life.

Maybe we are at the point we need to bring orphanages back.

I'm not kidding. Some children would clearly do better being raised by (hopefully) well-paid teachers who would board with them rather than with so-called "parents".

That costs a ton of money and while we point to the way we once had orphanages, the children were badly abused in many of them.

A population supporting Florida's economy and not something that allows those who are supposed to be protecting the children to shirk their duties.

I'm not talking about tourists.. I'm talking about people who live in Florida a few years and leave the state.

How we reverse this is the question, and I am not sure it can be. We are just to divided along party lines to help those that need our support the most

It's only going to get worse because as a country we are not pro-life.

As I stated previously: the needs are so profound we really need institutions back. Mental hospitals, live in. And also, yes, orphanages. Lots and lots of oversight of course with exceedingly well paid positions. The cost savings in the end will pay for itself. Bring some of these children up in good orphanages will save money in the prison pipelines.

I know it sounds harsh; downright Gothic. But go cruise through some of the neighborhoods these children are apparently being "raised" in.

I'm not talking about tourists.. I'm talking about people who live in Florida a few years and leave the state.

I am talking the same. As an aside, if they leave the state they are no longer Florida's responsibility and not applicable here.

How we reverse this is the question, and I am not sure it can be. We are just to divided along party lines to help those that need our support the most

As I said previously in the thread: institutions. Mental institutions and orphanages. I hate that we're at that point. But we are at that point.

That costs a ton of money and while we point to the way we once had orphanages, the children were badly abused in many of them.

Of course they were. Children are badly abused on foster homes now, and then returned to their own abusive parents. And the problem is then diffuse.

On the other hand

If you go to the trouble of opening an orphanage in every county--live in--welp, there it is. Now you have the community's attention. Now you have volunteers who can focus their time, energy and resources toward those children. Churches, community organizations, etc. Get every single one of those children a Big Brother/Big Sister, etc.

Again it would bring a real focus to the problem. Right now, the problem is horrid but it's also rather hidden.

I really hate when this kind of thing happens but I hate even more when this kind of thing is used to try and further some agenda.
Our problem is not lets throw more money at it. Our problem is we expect others to fix the problem. Let someone else do it. The amount of people who are willing to try is diminishing as we develop into a let someone else handle it type of culture. Where money does everything. There are higher paying jobs, there are jobs that require less work, less hours, less contact with people that to be quit honest should not be left to care for themselves little own other living things.

Of course they were. Children are badly abused on foster homes now, and then returned to their own abusive parents. And the problem is then diffuse.

On the other hand

If you go to the trouble of opening an orphanage in every county--live in--welp, there it is. Now you have the community's attention. Now you have volunteers who can focus their time, energy and resources toward those children. Churches, community organizations, etc. Get every single one of those children a Big Brother/Big Sister, etc.

Again it would bring a real focus to the problem. Right now, the problem is horrid but it's also rather hidden.

The "community" isn't about to pay for all of this. The "community" has vacations to plan and well, that new model car has a feature theirs doesn't.

Both require dedicated people to work in them. Those people are becoming fewer and fewer.

As I said, it would require a societal understanding of the magnitude of the problem and an understanding of the investment and cost savings in the long run. We're either supporting these children in an orphanage OR we're supporting the entire family on welfare, etc, and in the prison pipeline for decades and decades.

How is it working out since we have not had orphanages and mental institutions?

Do you think the caretakers of foster children do it free? It already costs a ton of money. The children are treated badly anyway.

I really hate when this kind of thing happens but I hate even more when this kind of thing is used to try and further some agenda.

What agenda would that be?

Our problem is not lets throw more money at it. Our problem is we expect others to fix the problem. Let someone else do it. The amount of people who are willing to try is diminishing as we develop into a let someone else handle it type of culture. Where money does everything. There are higher paying jobs, there are jobs that require less work, less hours, less contact with people that to be quit honest should not be left to care for themselves little own other living things.

So we just let the kids be abused and die?

Forum List

Back