The chef is in!

Wicked Jester

Libsmackin'chef
Aug 4, 2009
So. Cal, Malibu!
That's right. i'm a clasically trained Le Cordon Bleu certified proffesional chef, now retired. Food is my passion. Let's discuss!
If you have questions, recipes, dining experiences etc., I would love to engage in conversation!
Also, there is another proffesional chef up here that goes by the moniker of ''Willing Sniper". If you see him up here, direct him towards these threads. He too is a wealth of culinary knowledge.

Last edited:
That's right. i'm a clasically trained Le Cordon Bleu certified proffesional chef, now retired. Food is my passion. Let's discuss!
If you have questions, recipes, dining experiences etc., I would love to engage in conversation!
Also, there is another proffesional chef up here that goes by the moniker of ''Willing Sniper". If you see him up here, direct him towards these threads. He too is a wealth of culinary knowledge.

Do you have some ideas for developing good tasting, low calorie, low sodium meals? I've been quite happy with using heat, red pepper flakes, cumin, etc., in lowering the use of salt. I'd say the basis of my menus have been rice or pasta, heavy on veggies, and perhaps 3 oz of protein. I'd love some new ideas!

why is it all the people i know who went to cia or other schools..cant cook...o they can talk a good game..but dont love to cook...they use inferior products etc....why?

why is it all the people i know who went to cia or other schools..cant cook...o they can talk a good game..but dont love to cook...they use inferior products etc....why?

It's the new craze, bland food with no substance or nutrients. Thus why I only eat at greasy spoon diners. ;)

yeah I would be sooooo proud to have lasted more than 5 minutes in what you think passes as a kitchen in a fast food joint....look ma, top of the world!

I hear ya'. The problem is that there are so many culinary schools out there that they are flooding the industry with inferior people. Particularly the state funded "trade schools". Your best students come from Le' Cordon Bleu sanctioned schools. There curriculum is tough and, if you can't cut it, you don't graduate. The state schools will graduate anybody. The more they graduate, the more they are funded. Unfortunately.
Another problem is that people watch the food network and think it's just so damn easy, when in fact it's one of the most grueling proffessions out there. They have no idea that you don't become a chef until you've put many years in. A culinary student claiming they are a chef upon graduation is just plain laughable.

How'd we get from chef to BK? Not even the burger they are 'singing about'. :eek::lol:

I hear ya'. The problem is that there are so many culinary schools out there that they are flooding the industry with inferior people. Particularly the state funded "trade schools". Your best students come from Le' Cordon Bleu sanctioned schools. There curriculum is tough and, if you can't cut it, you don't graduate. The state schools will graduate anybody. The more they graduate, the more they are funded. Unfortunately.
Another problem is that people watch the food network and think it's just so damn easy, when in fact it's one of the most grueling proffessions out there. They have no idea that you don't become a chef until you've put many years in. A culinary student claiming they are a chef upon graduation is just plain laughable.

I'll let you know if that's true ... when I find one such grad who can cook. ;)

Sorry, but none of those who have claimed that have been any good, hell, watch Hell's Kitchen, my personal idol makes a great point when he calls them donkeys.

Forum List

Back