The Case Against free speech: we need to combat fascism, my friends

governments are not supposed to interfere with free speech, but private citizens can! if i write a letter to Dont Taz Me Bro telling him i dont love him anymore, he's free to divorce me...

Senator John C Calhoun saved free speech to save slavery...except it wasnt saved at all!

Andrew Jackson later said that his two biggest regrets were that he had not shot Calhoun and hung Henry Clay!

governments are not supposed to interfere with free speech

free-speech-zone.jpg

Free-Speech-Zone-1.jpg

greatestidea.jpg

free speech is like terrorism. who doesnt hate terrorism. similarly, who doesnt love free speech?

the constant focus on free speech as a term makes it as though we're all fighting for universal good
It is nothing like terrorism and only a fool would claim it is
Or a terrorist.

Antifa are domestic terrorists. And so are the people who defend them.
you mean trump? he said there were fine people on both sides!
Stop lying, you revolting filth meister.

"we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. " - the statement that the left pretends doesn't exist. Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville

He said the opposite. stop gaslighting, fascist gaslighting pos.

Why are there gag rules concerning discussions about abortion? What happened to the First Amendment? Let women and medical professionals discuss this issue freely and without interference from outside of the medical office. There are even states that have passed laws dictating what a physician's words to a patient must be. Again: what happened to the First Amendment? Forced speech from the politicians?

Your posts have provided indisputable evidence that you don't understand the difference between speech and policy. You're bitching about policy, not speech.

Facebook is planning to integrate all of the messaging services it owns, including Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, so they all run on the same technical infrastructure.⁠

the notion that one unfireable man will decide the algorithms for an encrypted backbone for platforms used by 2.7 billion people is frightening.⁠

You scare easily. Fear is never the answer to take away people’s rights.

As our second president John Adams warned us, “Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.” This is precisely why, for the elected officials across the nation who still believe in liberty, the need to unite against this new onslaught against our liberties couldn’t be more critical.

The time to fight is now.

Why are there gag rules concerning discussions about abortion? What happened to the First Amendment? Let women and medical professionals discuss this issue freely and without interference from outside of the medical office. There are even states that have passed laws dictating what a physician's words to a patient must be. Again: what happened to the First Amendment? Forced speech from the politicians?

Your posts have provided indisputable evidence that you don't understand the difference between speech and policy. You're bitching about policy, not speech.

These laws are interfering with speech and dictating speech. Putting words in someone's mouth and/or preventing people from speaking. This has nothing to do "policy". And whose "policy," anyway? When you go into a doctor's office, the door is shut. The physician will tell you what he or she finds the state of your physical self to be and give you the options for what care that you want.

These laws interfere with this process. They interfere with speech, dictate speech, ban speech. Some laws, like in South Dakota, dictate that a person who wants to terminate a pregnancy must go and listen to speeches by a religious cult, this is what this "counseling" thing is all about.

Is forced speech and banned speech American? I think not. Banned speech and forced speech is not the American way.

this is how we end racism and inequality

free speech is a hollow signifier, a guise for the wealthy and powerful to oppress the poor.

Free speech oppresses no one ever.

"Free speech oppresses no one ever."

nazis had free speech; "jews are vermin and scum who want to destroy our country"

"we must do something about the jewish problem"

and that free speech lead to the murder of millions......

I think that qualifies as free speech oppressing people.....

But I imagine you won't.

So.....let's write it like this;

"conservatives are vermin and scum who want to destroy our nation"
"we must do something about the conservative problem"

still happy with free speech?

free speech is a hollow signifier, a guise for the wealthy and powerful to oppress the poor.

Free speech oppresses no one ever.

"Free speech oppresses no one ever."

nazis had free speech; "jews are vermin and scum who want to destroy our country"

"we must do something about the jewish problem"

and that free speech lead to the murder of millions......

I think that qualifies as free speech oppressing people.....

But I imagine you won't.

So.....let's write it like this;

"conservatives are vermin and scum who want to destroy our nation"
"we must do something about the conservative problem"

still happy with free speech?

That free speech did not lead to any oppression. Apparently you know little about the history of Germany.

Yes I am still happy with it

You failed in epic fashion

"liberals love free speech until i say something they disagree with!" - Donald Trump

now we dont love it

These laws are interfering with speech and dictating speech. Putting words in someone's mouth and/or preventing people from speaking. This has nothing to do "policy". And whose "policy," anyway? When you go into a doctor's office, the door is shut. The physician will tell you what he or she finds the state of your physical self to be and give you the options for what care that you want.

These laws interfere with this process. They interfere with speech, dictate speech, ban speech. Some laws, like in South Dakota, dictate that a person who wants to terminate a pregnancy must go and listen to speeches by a religious cult, this is what this "counseling" thing is all about.

Is forced speech and banned speech American? I think not. Banned speech and forced speech is not the American way.

Damn you're dumb. If a person doesn't want to comply with these "policies", they can chose not to accept taxpayer monies. Planned Parenthood just made that choice, others are free to do the same. Taxpayer money has always come with strings attached, deal with it child.

Zionist Jews did

JFK
the USS Liberty
Pan Am 103
the Marines in Lebanon 1983

and country Israel is 90% of why we are $22 trillion in debt....

but if the ancient version of David Koresh just might float down from the clouds, how about making another $20 trillion vanish in the process?

Like with everything in life, you have to take the good with the bad.

Free speech is very important in this world.

I tried to watch your video but the guy just droned on without getting to the point so I clicked it off.

Yes things like Citizens United have hurt free speech. The answer isn't ending free speech, the answer is ending Citizens United.

Corporations aren't people and money isn't speech.

Write laws that enforce that and a lot of the problems with Citizens United will go away.

we seem to have entered precariously into a kind of totalitarianism that abhors free speech and punishing people for revealing their true selves. AN ACTOR'S DREAM!

Forum List

Back