The Bumbling Commander in Chief..

That's right. If I knew you would answer in the insulting manner you did I would have skipped it. Do you have something intelligent to say, something to defend your position?
Or is your position simply that George Bush is an idiot and so is everyone else who doesn't agree with you?

Hmmmmmmm....perhaps you're a reincarnation of another poster. *shrug*

and you must be awfully thin-skinned if you think my calling Bush the incompetent he was insults you. I can also assure you I have massive respect and regard for many people who disagree with me...just not for wingnuts who post stupidity like the anti-obama whining that's on this thread. perhaps if you actually posted something worth taking seriously?

why the nic, btw?
Did I say you weer insulting me? No, I dont think so.
So you're ok with people who disagree with you, except if they post anti Obama stuff, in which case they're wingnuts?
I'm questioning your assertion that anyone who voted for Bush is somehow ineligble to take part in the discussion.
I voted for him. Twice. Proudly. Under the same circumstances I'd do so again. The choices were Al Gore and then John Kerry. Does anyone think either one of these clowns would have made the hard decisions that have kept this country safe for 7+ years? No, they would have continued the Clinton policies of denouncing terrorism while lobbing an occasional missile at some camel somewhere.
Did I agree with every Bush policy? No. Heck no. But there isnt a president or potential one out there that I would.

hey Rabbi safe LOL - 3000 civilains dead on his watch plus the miltary deaths, now that's what i call safe , not

Revisionist history??? They would have come back at some later date but if we had been allowed to finish the job at hand it would have taken them five to ten years to recover. Besides I wasn't agruing that point dick head, I was specifically addressing the situation after Tet. So try reading as opposed to reading in next time. Besides which what the fuck does an engineer know about military tactics and strategy?[/QUOTE]

An engineer who has worked for the Army for over 30 years

Where did you go to Command Staff School?

Oh...
Do they teach that Viet Nam was winnable at Command Staff School now????

That's right. If I knew you would answer in the insulting manner you did I would have skipped it. Do you have something intelligent to say, something to defend your position?
Or is your position simply that George Bush is an idiot and so is everyone else who doesn't agree with you?

Hmmmmmmm....perhaps you're a reincarnation of another poster. *shrug*

and you must be awfully thin-skinned if you think my calling Bush the incompetent he was insults you. I can also assure you I have massive respect and regard for many people who disagree with me...just not for wingnuts who post stupidity like the anti-obama whining that's on this thread. perhaps if you actually posted something worth taking seriously?

why the nic, btw?
Did I say you weer insulting me? No, I dont think so.
So you're ok with people who disagree with you, except if they post anti Obama stuff, in which case they're wingnuts?
I'm questioning your assertion that anyone who voted for Bush is somehow ineligble to take part in the discussion.
I voted for him. Twice. Proudly. Under the same circumstances I'd do so again. The choices were Al Gore and then John Kerry. Does anyone think either one of these clowns would have made the hard decisions that have kept this country safe for 7+ years? No, they would have continued the Clinton policies of denouncing terrorism while lobbing an occasional missile at some camel somewhere.
Did I agree with every Bush policy? No. Heck no. But there isnt a president or potential one out there that I would.

you said I answered in an insulting manner.

and you are either intentionally misunderstanding or not following. I have no issues if someone has legitimate disagreements with the president and his policies. my objection is to whining stupidity.

And what "hard decisions" are you talking about? The decision to lie about intel? The decision to spend 200 billion on an unnecessary war of choice?

what hard decisons?

the decision to put a horse show judge in charge of FEMA?

The decision to abdicate his power to Cheney?

The decision to fly back from Crawford in the middle of the night to sign a bill dealing with a private person's right to make life/death decisions for a wife in a vegetative state?

stop me when I get to a hard decision....please.

kept this country safe? there were 7 years between the two world trade center bombings...meaningless... and we were attacked on his watch...so what on earth are you talking about?

want to talk about keeping us safe? let's talk about the arrests made in Queens yesterday.... THAT was keeping us safe...and they're still out looking for more people.

It would depend on what you mean by winnable.
The U.S. had infinitely more resources than N.Vietnam. We could easily have wiped them off the map. But that wasn't the US objective.
And yes, after Tet the North had had it. The VC were spent as a force. But perception in the US ended up winning the war for the North.

and you are either intentionally misunderstanding or not following. I have no issues if someone has legitimate disagreements with the president and his policies. my objection is to whining stupidity.

And what "hard decisions" are you talking about? The decision to lie about intel? The decision to spend 200 billion on an unnecessary war of choice?

what hard decisons?

The decision to fly back from Crawford in the middle of the night to sign a bill dealing with a private person's right to make life/death decisions for a wife in a vegetative state?

kept this country safe? there were 7 years between the two world trade center bombings...meaningless... and we were attacked on his watch...so what on earth are you talking about?

want to talk about keeping us safe? let's talk about the arrests made in Queens yesterday.... THAT was keeping us safe...and they're still out looking for more people.

I would question every assertion you have made because every one of them is factually incorrect or misrepresented.
DOes the name USS Cole mean anything to you? Khobar Towers?
9/11 was a direct result of Clinton's policies. Osama himself said so. Blaming Bush for that is simply Bush-hatred.
How were the arrests in Queens made? What intel was used to develop it? Do you think it might have depended on the PATRIOT Act, one you no doubt see as Bush destroying civil liberties in this country?

Where did you go to Command Staff School?

Oh...
Do they teach that Viet Nam was winnable at Command Staff School now????

Of course not, why do you keep harping on this point of yours that I have already addressed and clarified?????????????????????????????????????????????
Once again you missed my point. Ok I'll repeat it v e r y s l o w e l y for you I was s p e c i f i c a l l y addressing the situation after Tet. We would have set them back for y e a r s, and been able to get out before they had the chance to reconstitute.

Obama seems to be voting "present" on this one, vacillating hoping the easy solution comes in.
No, he is totally out of his depth. Afghanistan will be either a defeat or a quagmire. He has upped the odds and changed the conflict from what it originally was, thus changing the outcome.
:lol: Great comment and right on the money! Obama is out of his depth and can't figure out how to keep his promises (that kept changing) to end the Iraq war, so he goes back to his usual tactics of shifting his attention in a different direction. It worked when he was a senator, and it worked during his campaign. Problem is, Obama isn't just preaching to his zombie cult now. He needs to step up and actually lead. Or at least step back and get some very good advisors to do his job for him.

Hey, maybe Obama can get ACORN to run the war for him!

hey Rabbi, blAMING cLINTON WON'T CUT IT it wasRonnie Braindead Raygun who gave them the impression of weakness when he ran out of Lebenon with his tail between his legs and the turned around and invaded Grenada to save face, what do ya think

what hard decisons?

I would question every assertion you have made because every one of them is factually incorrect or misrepresented.
9/11 was a direct result of Clinton's policies. Osama himself said so. Blaming Bush for that is simply Bush-hatred.
How were the arrests in Queens made? What intel was used to develop it? Do you think it might have depended on the PATRIOT Act, one you no doubt see as Bush destroying civil liberties in this country?

There is nothing either factually inaccurate or misrepresented.

As for the Cole...last I heard theperps went to jail.

Actually, Osama said no such thing...his objective and what triggered his melt down...was that he thought it was an insult to the holy land to have female U.S. soldiers in Saudi Arabia. HE WANTED US OUT OF BIN SULTAN AFB. That was DADDY BUSH'S baby...not Clinton's so lighten up with the propaganda.

And guess what...as soon as Bin Laden hit, Bush pulled us out of Bin Sultan AFB.... 9/11 and our response to it achieved absolutely every objective Bin Laden intended.

As for the Patriot Act...again..you're new here. There are some aspects of the Patriot Act that were helpful. There are others that were out and out self-serving power grabs and I'm hoping they sunset or get modified.

For example...there is no reason to dispense with a warrant from the FISA Court. That is purely a way to keep people from knowing who you're getting intel on...a way to not have to be accountable.

Was the patriot act used? Maybe. The better question is do you need to eviscerate our 4th Amendment rights to GET that information.

Wouldn't it have been even more efective for us to have more farsi interpreters... oh wait... we didn't...Bush fired a bunchof our best for being gay.

what hard decisons?

Rabbi, you're putting up a good fight, there ganging up on you! I have noticed though, they would rather not talk about Obama...wonder why....could be his experience with the military was, when asked about joining, he said, "I thought about it". That's about it...!

Hey lump is like like Cheney who had better things to do of Jr who daddy's bought him that seat in guard, I don't think you want to go down that road

Hey lump is like like Cheney who had better things to do of Jr who daddy's bought him that seat in guard, I don't think you want to go down that road

Hey pot, now that your getting so familiar, tell me how is Obama qualified? (lump)
and good night potter....

Hey pot, now that your getting so familiar, tell me how is Obama qualified? (lump)
and good night potter....

Hey pot, pot,pot....What does this mean....?... 1/2 hr and no Potter,.....well, I guess I can.... tell the future or my argument has completely dumbfounded him,.... I'll go with the latter...:lol:

Actually, Osama said no such thing...his objective and what triggered his melt down...was that he thought it was an insult to the holy land to have female U.S. soldiers in Saudi Arabia. HE WANTED US OUT OF BIN SULTAN AFB. That was DADDY BUSH'S baby...not Clinton's so lighten up with the propaganda.

And guess what...as soon as Bin Laden hit, Bush pulled us out of Bin Sultan AFB.... 9/11 and our response to it achieved absolutely every objective Bin Laden intended.

As for the Patriot Act...again..you're new here. There are some aspects of the Patriot Act that were helpful. There are others that were out and out self-serving power grabs and I'm hoping they sunset or get modified.

For example...there is no reason to dispense with a warrant from the FISA Court. That is purely a way to keep people from knowing who you're getting intel on...a way to not have to be accountable.

Was the patriot act used? Maybe. The better question is do you need to eviscerate our 4th Amendment rights to GET that information.

Wouldn't it have been even more efective for us to have more farsi interpreters... oh wait... we didn't...Bush fired a bunchof our best for being gay.

Actually yes everything you've said is wrong or distorted. Take the USS Cole. Last you heard they were in jail. WTF? DOes that mean it didnt happen?
Osama absolutely said that Clinton's actions in Somalia emboldened him. No way around that one.
Look, we had numerous terrorist incidents around the world, including here, under Clinton, whose strategy was to treat it like a police matter. Bush's strategy was to treat it as a war by other means, which it is. We haven't had a terrorist incident since 9/11 in this country. Al Qaeda is still in disarray and Osama is still hiding out in Waziristan without his cell phone. The record speaks for itself. Pretending it is something different won't change that.
But I can dissect almost anything. Just now I notice your last comment: Bush fired a bunch of Farsi interpreters for being gay. Really? Bush did it personally? No. How many is a bunch in your mind? One? Two? And having them would have made us mroe effective, you know this how exactly?
See, everything you write is over-stated, exagerrated, distorted or factually incorrect. Try again.
As for Obama, I see this very AM he has caved to the Russians and turned down missile defense for Poland and Czech Republic. These defenses would probably have helped against an Iranian attack. Of course he is doing nothing but moving his mouth on the Iranians as well, who are showing total disdain for his "talks."
The man is a coward and a trimmer, completely out of depth with every decision he makes or refuses to make.

Actually yes everything you've said is wrong or distorted. Take the USS Cole. Last you heard they were in jail. WTF? DOes that mean it didnt happen?
Osama absolutely said that Clinton's actions in Somalia emboldened him. No way around that one.
Look, we had numerous terrorist incidents around the world, including here, under Clinton, whose strategy was to treat it like a police matter. Bush's strategy was to treat it as a war by other means, which it is. We haven't had a terrorist incident since 9/11 in this country. Al Qaeda is still in disarray and Osama is still hiding out in Waziristan without his cell phone. The record speaks for itself. Pretending it is something different won't change that.
But I can dissect almost anything. Just now I notice your last comment: Bush fired a bunch of Farsi interpreters for being gay. Really? Bush did it personally? No. How many is a bunch in your mind? One? Two? And having them would have made us mroe effective, you know this how exactly?
See, everything you write is over-stated, exagerrated, distorted or factually incorrect. Try again.
As for Obama, I see this very AM he has caved to the Russians and turned down missile defense for Poland and Czech Republic. These defenses would probably have helped against an Iranian attack. Of course he is doing nothing but moving his mouth on the Iranians as well, who are showing total disdain for his "talks."
The man is a coward and a trimmer, completely out of depth with every decision he makes or refuses to make.

:iagree:...Well written and well reasoned but the coward part, I can't commit to...yet....Thanks

Forum List

Back