The Bumbling Commander in Chief..

End this war now, its pointless.

For me, it's a case of shit or get off the pot.... until later.

The point of the war as far as I can understand is to stop the Taliban who were in power of Afghanistan from 1996-2001 from regaining control and resuming brutal Sharia law within that country. There of coarse, is the added thrill of them building their power to the point of overtaking control of Pakistan and therefore being in control of nuclear weapons and the worldwide threat that poses. Then you have, Al Queda and the threat they would pose is they also were allowed to re-build their ranks and spread their brand of terrorism through-out the region, worldwide and obviously to the United States (remember 9/11).There's allot more involved than this thumb nail explanation, obviously.

So, without getting into international terrorism I believe that Americans have become complacent. No terror attacks within the United States so the threat is gone. I'm fairly certain that there have been many terror attacks averted, some we've heard about and most that we haven't.

If we're nice to them, they'll be nice to us policy. That policy is just plain silly...!

So, I see the choice in a blunt fashion, It's Now or Later...?

I'd refine that to say the point is to deny the Taliban the ability to use the country as a base for terrorism.
We don't need to control the whole country to do that. A limited force stationed semi permanently would do that.
The way it's headed now it is unwinnable. And if you aren't there to win, what are you there for?

I'd refine that to say the point is to deny the Taliban the ability to use the country as a base for terrorism.
We don't need to control the whole country to do that. A limited force stationed semi permanently would do that.
The way it's headed now it is unwinnable. And if you aren't there to win, what are you there for?

I think we agree, it's a matter of method and will.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Michael Mullen and General McChrystal are requesting more troops for Afghanistan.
Obama, says he needs more time but it's obvious, he doesn't know what he's doing.

Of course, we all knew that...!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/16

Bumbling? How soon you forget "STRATEGERY", and the fact that Dubya and DICK invaded the wrong damn country..

and Osama's "STRATEGERY" is costing lives. and the democraps apporved of that country. but of course senility sets in.

I think we agree, it's a matter of method and will.

No question. We're on the same page here.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Michael Mullen and General McChrystal are requesting more troops for Afghanistan.
Obama, says he needs more time but it's obvious, he doesn't know what he's doing.

The top military commander there, Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, has written a report (supposed to be secret but emailed to the Washington Post) that says unless more troops arrive soon, the entire operation will fail.

Fucking amazing, the motherfuckers can not even define victory but are certain that the mission will "fail"

More bullshit to be swallowed hook line and sinker by the zombified.

Its not that easy

As President, you can't just keep sending more troops when the Generals ask you....ask LBJ

Obama can afford to dump more troops into Afghanistan for the next two years and hope for some stability. By 2011 he needs to get the hell out or it will cost him the election

obama ran on sending more troops to afghanistan and finishing the job.....

wtf is he thinking now.....oh shit.....i was idiot to make such promises, now that i am actually CIC i have to be CAREFUL about what i say and do....

obama is an empty suit

Didnt he just make a speech, like 2 months ago, about how Afghanistan was the good war, the necessary one? How committed he was to it?
Now that the leftwing of his party is balking he's going to crabwalk on that too.

Hey, barry told letterman he would 'ask some hard questions on this.'

And that nothing will be done this year, so he punted the next three months at least.

And that nothing will be done this year, so he punted the next three months at least.

In that case , I'd be inclined to go with your previous post and get out. I'm all in or all out 1/2fast just doesn't cut it.

I suspect that he is going to ask

1-If I don't send the troops will you guys perpetrate a false flag operation ?

2- Will the FBI be arresting a lot of Afghans and accusing them of being a terrorist cell?

.:eek:

No the hard question will be:
Can I cut and run to please the Left and still get re-elected?

Here we have a scumbag who has no problem sending his neighbor to risk his life in Afghanistan in order to........er............uhum.............ahhh.............make sure that KBR, Halliburton and other war profiteers make a gazillion dollars.

Nothing prevents you from picking up a duffel bag, a BB gun and going to Kabul and defending whatever the fuck you believe is worth defending.

Last edited:

Here we a scumbag who has no problem sending his neighbor to risk his life in Afghanistan in order to........er............uhum.............ahhh.............make sure that KBR, Halliburton and other war profiteers make a gazillion dollars.

Nothing prevents you from picking up a duffel bag, a BB gun and going to Kabul and defending whatever the fuck you believe is worth defending.

Why would I want to fight against those freedom fighters al Qaeda, the Taliban and Osama bin Laden?

Here we a scumbag who has no problem sending his neighbor to risk his life in Afghanistan in order to........er............uhum.............ahhh.............make sure that KBR, Halliburton and other war profiteers make a gazillion dollars.

they made gazillion's off my war. and I made gazillion's off this one. if you invest right gazillion's roll downhill :lol::lol:

Why would I want to fight against those freedom fighters al Qaeda, the Taliban and Osama bin Laden?

Mr. Dumb Ass Sir:

The Taliban and Usamah were FINANCED and TRAINED by the US.

"How well do I recall that first American foray into Afghanistan following September 11, 2001. The US just had to kill someone and soon. The Islamic hardcores running that country made a good target, especially since the average American doubts that anyone in such a far-flung country, where people dress funny and believe crazy things, is up to any good at all. Let's go get 'em!

There was hardly any opposition. Oh sure, there were a few of us out there. But mostly, everyone went along, as if this were a case of dispensing justice and, after all, that's what government is supposed to do, according to its own storyline. So far as I know, all D.C. think tanks got on board with that one. It was the least objectionable war of the modern period, the one that almost no one opposed.

Never mind that the precise relationship between 9-Eleven and Afghanistan was fuzzy at best. Never mind that the secret hideouts of the alleged terrorists there were built by the US itself during the days of the Soviet occupation. The basis of the attack was not that different from the attack on Iraq: it was something that the Bush administration wanted and 9-Eleven furnished the pretext. "

Forum List

Back