The Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism

Was the Boston Tea Party an act of terrorism?

• Total voters
It's not surprising because water tended to be unsafe to drink in towns and cities. Didn't Prince Albert and Queen Victoria's son die from typhus caused by contaminated water in Buckingham Palace? Or was that Prince Albert himself, my British history is kind of hazy.

Yes. Tea was made by boiling, thus an acceptable substitute for booze, the traditional solution to polluted water problems.

A lot of diseases were lumped together through out history, like calling anything 'the pox'; it may or may not have been smallpox., or just labeled by rumor.

Junior High School civics class?
:auiqs.jpg:
No, real history, not the Marxist shit you spew.

"The Boston Tea Party was a political protest that occurred on December 16, 1773, at Griffin’s Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts. American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing “taxation without representation,”

No, real history, not the Marxist shit you spew.

"The Boston Tea Party was a political protest that occurred on December 16, 1773, at Griffin’s Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts. American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing “taxation without representation,”
The History Channel online?

:auiqs.jpg:

Please, stop embarrassing yourself here.

From your own reference:

Britain's constitution has developed in haphazard fashion, building on common law, case law, historical documents, Acts of Parliament and European legislation. It is not set out clearly in any one document. Mr Straw said yesterday: "The constitution of the United Kingdom exists in hearts and minds and habits as much as it does in law."

I rest my case, even your own reference admits it does have a constitution. It is simply not a single document but composed of many documents.

God, I love it when people do not even bother to read their own damned references.

English tea got replaced with South American and domestically grown coffee.

And a great many other brewed beverages.

Chicory tea in particular is still common in many areas of the US, and already was at the time of the Revolution. And coffee was already gaining popularity even before the revolution, because of the lower cost and that the beans lasted longer with less spoilage than tea did.

One thing forgotten about the Boston Tea Party, is that most of the tea on the ship had already spoiled. Because it was a loose leaf and had to be transported in ships for months before reaching the destination, most captains expected to lose as much as a quarter of their cargo before reaching the destination. And the tea in Boston was already over six months old, so at least half if not more by that time would have spoiled.

Coffee on the other hand was much easier to transport. As it was normally roasted at the source, then shipped as dried beans. Then was roasted a second time at the destination where it may or may not be ground before being sold to consumers.

But yes, almost all consumable liquids in that era were boiled, or contained alcohol. Even children were drinking beer and wine, but with lower alcohol contents than in those we consume today. And even though "Germ Theory" did not yet exist, it was well known that the chances of getting sick from drinking a brewed beverage or alcohol were significantly lower than getting sick from drinking just regular water.

If the taxation/representation agenda was revisited today, we'd be dressing up as federal agents to throw wall street in the ocean......~S~

From your own reference:

I rest my case, even your own reference admits it does have a constitution. It is simply not a single document but composed of many documents.

God, I love it when people do not even bother to read their own damned references.
unkotare, can be an ignorant dork when confronted, and he will dig his heels in on a stupid hill.

Yes, GB has an unwritten constitution. The Brits recognize although Unko does not.

Forum List

Back