The Bill for America First Is Coming Due. America’s closest treaty allies exclude USannounced milit

The current refuge problem in Europe has its roots from almost two centuries ago when England, France, Germany, and England, colonized the Middle East and Africa.

To blame the U.S.for the problem is disingenuous and misleading. .... :cool:
These refugees are from Iraq Syria and Afghanistan... Wonder who ruined that area for no reason.... And from sub-Saharan Africa... now who started a world depression in 2008?

I'm not even going to bother with that. Quora, ffs, where any idiot bloviates at will.
Unlike your well documented claims about the US "draining" England's gold you mean?
:113: Cowardly as well as supremely uninformed. You are quite a double threat.

I guess you figure you can never be proven wrong if you refuse to discuss an issue.
Whatever you imagine the US "did" to the UK in order to keep them from becoming a
German territory England can never really repay this country for keeping it alive TWICE!

Once during the war, and once after war. Anglo-American loan - Wikipedia
And this says nothing about the military aid the US delivered by entering the war against the AXIS foes. You are truly a moron.

Last edited:
I'm not even going to bother with that. Quora, ffs, where any idiot bloviates at will.
Unlike your well documented claims about the US "draining" England's gold you mean?
:113: Cowardly as well as supremely uninformed. You are quite a double threat.

I guess you figure you can never be proven wrong if you refuse to discuss an issue.
Whatever you imagine the US "did" to the UK in order to keep them from becoming a
German territory England can never really repay this country for keeping it alive TWICE!

Once during the war, and once after war. Anglo-American loan - Wikipedia
And this says nothing about the military aid the US delivered by entering the war against the AXIS foes. You are truly a moron.

The US did England an invaluable service during the 2nd World War.

My father and millions of other American boys were over there, donating DNA in exchange for Hershey bars...

_63887709_getty_gibrides_3281302_464.jpg

Sorry, who died for me?
Canadians, Germans, Australians, British, etc., etc...But continue ignoring that.

If you're referring to Allies in World War II ... they died fighting valiantly, to defend their own bloody countries -- or in the case of Canadians and Australian (their former colonial masters).

Americans fought to liberate THEIR countries, and the countries of those who didn't life a finger to defend themselves. Not a single Allied soldier fought to liberate US soil.
In the case of WW2 those allies fought for years to protect the US against the scourge of Hitler while America was tending its cash registers.
We not only tended those cash registers, we produced the finest ones in the world.

America first policy is experiencing blowback. Donald Trump is isolating America from its neighbors as well as military allies.

Donald Trump's real motive in America first policy was encouraging higher military spending by allies and more military adventurism by allies and to induce more spending on US manufactured war machines and munitions by allies.

Its not working as the allies are devising their own separate military strategies excluding the US.

"America’s friends are choosing to dissociate themselves, believing their interests are better served without American strength. It seems the rest of the world is losing faith that the U.S. is a reliable partner, sober and taking others’ interests into account as well as its own. The U.S. is ceasing to be a country that its allies come to for help solving problems. On the contrary, America’s allies think the U.S. is the cause of their increasingly tenuous security."

The current Middle East refugee chaos caused by US policy is costing Europe huge amounts of money and social angst.

America's allies are hoping Donald Trump gets run outta town in 2020 elections.

The Bill for America First Is Coming Due

The Bill for America First Is Coming Due
Two of America’s closest treaty allies have announced military efforts explicitly designed to exclude the U.S.
JUL 27, 2019
Kori Schake

In this crowded and enervating week of news, it would have been easy to miss two small but consequential signs of the damage President Donald Trump and his team have done to America’s standing in the world. Two of America’s closest treaty allies have announced military efforts explicitly designed to exclude the United States. Australia is “seeking to cement its status as the security partner of choice for Pacific nations” by establishing an expeditionary training force. And the United Kingdom wants to create a multinational force to ensure freedom of navigation in the Strait of Hormuz.

It’s not a coincidence that allies are striking out on their own. Countries in the Pacific worry that the U.S. is forcing them to choose between their economic connections to China and their security relationships with the U.S. And while forcing this choice, the U.S. is also publicly calling the security guarantees into question—President Trump did so before arriving in Japan for the G20 summit. Meanwhile, European allies blame Trump-administration tactics for Iran’s decision to lash out at shipping in the Gulf. That’s why British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt stressed that the purpose of the multinational force was to dissociate European governments from U.S. policy toward Iran. Hunt explicitly said, “It will not be part of the U.S. maximum pressure policy on Iran because we remain committed to preserving the Iran nuclear agreement.”

As it happens, these efforts are consistent with Trump’s insistence that allies do more for themselves. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo responded to news of the British initiative by saying, “The responsibility … falls to the United Kingdom to take care of their ships.”

The sad reality, however, is that America’s European allies cannot protect their ships without American help. Even the French Foreign Ministry had to admit that any European effort would “naturally have to be co-ordinated with the US on the operational level.” The International Institute for Strategic Studies estimates that it would cost European countries $110 billion to defend freedom of navigation. That is more than the annual defense budgets of Britain and France combined. It isn’t happening anytime soon, regardless of brave talk about “European strategic autonomy.”

Pacific nations, moreover, may not want Australian military training, for fear of antagonizing China when Australian security guarantees are not on offer, and wouldn’t suffice against a threat of China’s magnitude anyway.

An America Firster might not see much to dislike here. In the past 70 years, the U.S. has allowed more and more of the security burden to migrate from allies onto the U.S. Both of this week’s initiatives would relieve some pressure from U.S. forces as the U.S. tries to prioritize its efforts away from the Gulf to manage the China challenge. Both are undertaken by trusted American allies. They may prove to be the harbinger of a more balanced relationship among strong states of the West.

That would be a good outcome for the U.S.—but only if allies were choosing to do more consistent with American interests. They are not. The U.S. had a proposal for maritime patrols in the Gulf that its European allies declined to join. If the U.S. doesn’t act in concert with others, it will have less absolute power.
To take a financial example, European Union countries did not develop a so-called special-purpose vehicle for funding business with Iran to support American efforts—they are building means to circumvent dollar primacy because they object so strenuously to American policy on Iran. The SPV won’t succeed in the near term, but it shows that America’s European allies are so rattled by Trump’s Iran policy and so exasperated by the profligacy of U.S. sanctions that they’re looking to limit American financial power.

America’s friends are choosing to dissociate themselves, believing their interests are better served without American strength. It seems the rest of the world is losing faith that the U.S. is a reliable partner, sober and taking others’ interests into account as well as its own. The U.S. is ceasing to be a country that its allies come to for help solving problems. On the contrary, America’s allies think the U.S. is the cause of their increasingly tenuous security.

The Australian and British initiatives may not succeed. But the very fact of these proposals is proof that relations with close allies have frayed in systemically significant ways. This is what it looks like when the American-led international order comes to an end.

And if the shit hits the fan we'll be the first call they make. We should let them get their collective asses kicked for a bit before we intervene.

At the start of the war, Britain had spent the money that they did have in normal payments for materiel under the "US cash-and-carry" scheme. Basing rights were also traded for equipment, e.g., the Destroyers for Bases Agreement, but by 1941 Britain was no longer able to finance cash payments and Lend-Lease was introduced. Lend Lease aid did not have to be paid back, but the other loans did.
Anglo-American loan - Wikipedia

England can never really repay this country for keeping it alive TWICE!
Britain will settle its World War II debts to the US and Canada when it pays two final instalments before the close of 2006, the Treasury has said.

The payments of $83.25m (£42.5m) to the US and US$22.7m (£11.6m) to Canada are the last of 50 instalments since 1950.
http://news.bbc.co.uk

At the start of the war, Britain had spent the money that they did have in normal payments for materiel under the "US cash-and-carry" scheme. Basing rights were also traded for equipment, e.g., the Destroyers for Bases Agreement, but by 1941 Britain was no longer able to finance cash payments and Lend-Lease was introduced. Lend Lease aid did not have to be paid back, but the other loans did.
Anglo-American loan - Wikipedia
Nowhere do I see the US "drained" Britain's gold reserve. Thanks for belatedly admitting you are a liar who makes up crap when it's convenitent.

My father and millions of other American boys were over there, donating DNA in exchange for Hershey bars...
Seeing we're doing family history...Here's a piccy of my father with the crew who dropped the bamboo raft at low level to the downed pilot Flight Lieutenant Keefe who was under fire from shore emplacements in Rabaul harbour. I think James Michener adapted that story for an American audience in Tales of the South Pacific as he had served with/alongside NZ forces.
I think I broke that knife on a camping trip, it fractured right at the hilt. Good thing he never had to depend on it. I'd guess it was a good luck piece more than anything.

UsumbdG.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back