The Biggest Loser

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Anyone watch? I enjoy the show.
Watching the transformation in the lives of these 'contestants' was amazing.

Seth - the guy who finished in 2nd place - really seemed to be right-on. I liked his new attitude; it's how I want to feel about myself.

60lbs. Quite a goal. I last weighed 170lbs when I was 19 - just after Basic Training, and Advanced Individual Training in the US Army. 172lbs - could run a sub-5-minute-mile. Trying to be at least realistic, I'm setting my goal to 185lbs. Knowing I'm 33 now (will be as of the day before my birthday this week), and I can't really 'run' or 'move' much.

How to lose 45lbs? I have no clue. Absolutely know of no way to even start. :(

I downloaded an application for the show, but haven't yet filled it out.

Yeah I saw the show. I loved it. Its a reality show that I could actually get into because it really effects people. Most of the others its just like, this isnt anything that has any impact on reality.

I knew Matt was going to win from the beginning. He just was always there at the forefront with the heart to do it. I didnt realize that so many of them would look so different afterwards. Its amazing what a few dozen pounds will do for how you look and even moreso what 100lbs will do.

I am not entirely convinced the girl in the top 3 whose name escaped me is really going to be able to maintain it. I am not conpletely convinced her underlying attitude problem is fixed. She is just too negative and it's going to be hard for her again without the motivation.

I am still amazed at the transformations of Dr. Jeff and Pete. Seriously they look so completely different it's amazing.

Definately a show I am going to watch again. Id never go on the show though. I dont have the time and quite frankly I am not planning to get up to that kind of weight.

Pete lost my weight in fat. The guy was amazing. Dr. Jeff looked about 10 years younger after losing that weight. Suzie (top three blondie) isn't likely to be able to keep it off, every one of her video diary was "It's so hard!" and her friends pretty much abandoned her when she left that restaurant.

I hope that Matt will, he was having a real hard time with his 'friends' at the bar who refused to understand that he quit drinking. When hanging out with alcoholics they generally mistrust the guy who won't drink, he may need to end up with new friends.

dmp said:
Anyone watch? I enjoy the show.
Watching the transformation in the lives of these 'contestants' was amazing.

Seth - the guy who finished in 2nd place - really seemed to be right-on. I liked his new attitude; it's how I want to feel about myself.

60lbs. Quite a goal. I last weighed 170lbs when I was 19 - just after Basic Training, and Advanced Individual Training in the US Army. 172lbs - could run a sub-5-minute-mile. Trying to be at least realistic, I'm setting my goal to 185lbs. Knowing I'm 33 now (will be as of the day before my birthday this week), and I can't really 'run' or 'move' much.

How to lose 45lbs? I have no clue. Absolutely know of no way to even start. :(

I downloaded an application for the show, but haven't yet filled it out.
Have you thought of swimming? It's about as low-impact as you can get, and one of the best workouts possible. You have to be willing to stick with it though for more than a couple weeks.

If all you have to lose is 45 lbs as a guy, you won't be able to win this competition...

There is a "Swim for Life" program that you can do, it will get you in shape. One girl at work here lost about 80 lbs on that program.

I Heart Suzy...I found her to be extremely attractive in both 'looks' and personality. Very much a sweetheart :)

The ClayTaurus said:
Have you thought of swimming? It's about as low-impact as you can get, and one of the best workouts possible. You have to be willing to stick with it though for more than a couple weeks.

Unfortunately, it's not the impact which bothers me, it's the motion. Thus, unless I could learn to swim without bending my knees (kicking) it 'hurts'. Walking, running, etc...just can't do it anymore. Perhaps if I could get my kneecaps removed? :)

dmp said:
I Heart Suzy...I found her to be extremely attractive in both 'looks' and personality. Very much a sweetheart :)

Unfortunately, it's not the impact which bothers me, it's the motion. Thus, unless I could learn to swim without bending my knees (kicking) it 'hurts'. Walking, running, etc...just can't do it anymore. Perhaps if I could get my kneecaps removed? :)
Your knees are shot at 33? Wtf mang?

The ClayTaurus said:
Have you had them looked at by someone? Can you rehab them? Not being able to workout because of your knees at 33 seems a bit early... maybe some knee braces or something?

i've done the rehab stuff I was assigned while on active duty - can't muster up enough willpower to run through VA Medical red-tape to seek further treatment.

I'll figure something out.

dmp said:
i've done the rehab stuff I was assigned while on active duty - can't muster up enough willpower to run through VA Medical red-tape to seek further treatment.

I'll figure something out.
Did you specifically injure them, or did they just wear out?

The ClayTaurus said:
Did you specifically injure them, or did they just wear out?

Wear issues...As best 'they' can tell, my knee caps rub against my femurs when I walk. I've tried strengthening exercises to help the muslces center the kneecaps, with very limited results. As-is, I buy codeine from Canada to help w/ pain control.

:D

dmp said:
Wear issues...As best 'they' can tell, my knee caps rub against my femurs when I walk. I've tried strengthening exercises to help the muslces center the kneecaps, with very limited results. As-is, I buy codeine from Canada to help w/ pain control.

:D

Damn

Is it correctable through surgery at all?

Forum List

Back