The Big Lie

No data. No bank records. Just party line orthodoxy. That's when we needed actual bank reports --

But you don't have any, and you are making an error in analysis any Finance 101 student knows is wrong.

It's ironic that you view government data as the only data that matters. Wall Street has produced ample data showing the explosion in profitability. If I come across it, I will post it.

And BTW it is you injecting "party line" politics this.

The BIG LIE?

Easy peasy.

The AMERICAN DREAM is the biggest lie of all the lies we deal with.

The idea that with luck and pluck anybody can become a CAPITALIST.

No, at best most people can, with luck and pluck, can be solvent.

If you own your own business, and you work IN that business?

You are NOT a capitalist.

Capitalists do not work for their daily bread, their MONEY works for their daily bread.

You must have an odd definition of capitalism. Maybe you could share it?

Every person in this country who has a job is supplying labor and being paid for it according to an agreed contract. The job is offered based on expected demand, for which the employer will get enough money to pay the empoyee and make a profit. Everyone involved is a capitalist.

No data. No bank records....
But you don't have any, and you are making an error... ...ironic that you view government data as the only data that matters.

Neat! Now I have to power to both present gov't data and at the same time not present any data at all. Am I great or what! Just the same, while flattery can stall me we're both still stuck with the fact that "...the lenders' profits exploded..." is both unsupported by and contrary to the facts on the table.

No data. No bank records....
But you don't have any, and you are making an error... ...ironic that you view government data as the only data that matters.

Neat! Now I have to power to both present gov't data and at the same time not present any data at all. Am I great or what! Just the same, while flattery can stall me we're both still stuck with the fact that "...the lenders' profits exploded..." is both unsupported by and contrary to the facts on the table.

Wrong.

I've presented it. You ignored it because it doesn't come from the government and/or it contradicts your argument and ideological worldview.

Last edited:
Where is your evidence that assets exploded? If anything, they decreased since the value of housing has been on the declined ever since 2007.

If assets explode higher, then ROA can remain constant while profits explode.

This is a very, very simply concept.

ROA = profits / assets

profits = $1
assets = $100
ROA = 1%

or

profits = $10
assets = $1000
ROA = 1%

See how ROA in both cases are the same? See how profits are 10x higher in the second example yet how ROA is the same in both?

Where is your evidence that assets exploded? If anything, they decreased since the value of housing has been on the declined ever since 2007.

ROA = profits / assets

profits = $1
assets = $100
ROA = 1%

or

profits = $10
assets = $1000
ROA = 1%

See how ROA in both cases are the same? See how profits are 10x higher in the second example yet how ROA is the same in both?

What I'd be interested in is how profits 'exploded' when the ROA became negative.

ROA = profits / assets

profits = $1
assets = $100
ROA = 1%

or

profits = $10
assets = $1000
ROA = 1%

What I'd be interested in is how profits 'exploded' when the ROA became negative.

Argh!

They accelerated in the 90s and into the 00s. They collapsed when housing collapsed rendering the financial system essentially insolvent.

ROA = profits / assets

profits = $1
assets = $100
ROA = 1%

or

profits = $10
assets = $1000
ROA = 1%

Not since 07. Beforehand. This explosion in assets in the 90s and 00s is a big reason why we collapsed. Google Shadow Banking System. Those are where the assets went.

Not since 07. Beforehand. This explosion in assets in the 90s and 00s is a big reason why we collapsed. Google Shadow Banking System. Those are where the assets went.

The claim is that ROI declined after 2007, not before.

Forum List

Back