The Bible/New Testament, Oaths, and (Davis)

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Here is what the Bible says about OATHS. Red Letter, so it is Jesus teaching about them.

Matthew 5:33

Oaths

33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

So as Christians, we should NEVER swear on the Bible or on God's name.

Instead, Christians made fun of and even mocked those Atheist etc. who refused to swear on the Bible or in God's name, like they were the Heathens...

Yet, it is us Christians, swearing on the Bible and to God, that are BREAKING God's Law by swearing in his name.

So, Kim Davis and her followers and all Christians, need to rethink their/our position on these oaths we take in God's name...

NOTE! I was torn on what forum to put this in, Religion or politics....it does not matter either way to me, so mods, move it if you wish.... I personal could foresee this being all about Kim Davis, thus politics....but I can also see the Jeremiahs out there giving their religious perspective.

Here is what the Bible says about OATHS. Red Letter, so it is Jesus teaching about them.

Matthew 5:33

Oaths

33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

So as Christians, we should NEVER swear on the Bible or on God's name.

Instead, Christians made fun of and even mocked those Atheist etc. who refused to swear on the Bible or in God's name, like they were the Heathens...

Yet, it is us Christians, swearing on the Bible and to God, that are BREAKING God's Law by swearing in his name.

So, Kim Davis and her followers and all Christians, need to rethink their/our position on these oaths we take in God's name...

NOTE! I was torn on what forum to put this in, Religion or politics....it does not matter either way to me, so mods, move it if you wish.... I personal could foresee this being all about Kim Davis, thus politics....but I can also see the Jeremiahs out there giving their religious perspective.

I'm going to be really blunt here and knock it out of the park.

Most people like her have never read the bible. I've done both Testaments over and over (for those that don't understand the Holy Spirit guides you thru and every time is a new journey)

They've just had the Sunday phrase.

BUT its a big but you have to read it in the Spirit. Pffffffffffffffffft one Sunday by one dude in a pulpit doesn't put the Word in you.

Forum List

Back