The Bible is true

I didn't say Mark wrote the Gospel of Mark. It was most likely written by one of Mark's follower's, and documenting the first hand stories OF Mark.

And nobody said they "waited 30 years" to write it down. Good chance that there were other writings about Mark, but the one that survives as the Gospel of Mark was written about 30 years after Christ's death.
Which one of Marks followers wrote it? If you dont know who he/she was how do you know its even valid?

I don't "know". That's why it's called faith.

I didn't say Mark wrote the Gospel of Mark. It was most likely written by one of Mark's follower's, and documenting the first hand stories OF Mark.

And nobody said they "waited 30 years" to write it down. Good chance that there were other writings about Mark, but the one that survives as the Gospel of Mark was written about 30 years after Christ's death.
You've making shit up. No one bother to copy the other accounts? And the story isn't about Mark. The further you get into it the more genuflecting will need to perform.

Excuse me, I meant likely firsthand stories OF Mark's telling. To be more clear, I should have said "FROM" Mark. But my point is there are several archeological findings that show the mysteries of Christ were being told (and written down) just a generation after he was crucified.

No, you can trust it. Which you obviously do. I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is your use of the word "we."

That means you're including others in your belief and that's wrong.

There are millions of people in America who aren't christian and they certainly don't trust your christian bible.

I don't know why you have the need to force others to believe as you do. If you had a strong faith it wouldn't need validation by other people. So from what I can see yours is a shallow faith not built on anything but a weird need for validation.

Live however you want. Just stop trying to force it on other people.

Where are you getting that anyone is trying to force their Christian beliefs on you? Nobody is holding a knife to your throat and forcing you to believe.

Oh, wait....yes, some people are, but they are not Christians.

Which one of Marks followers wrote it? If you dont know who he/she was how do you know its even valid?

Thats called gullible. You have no concept of how credible or not the person that wrote it is. This person lived 2K years ago.

f7b5d2032d3160f7eead85880a3691edfd07291fa11f03f60058087955fbba7b.jpg

Thats called gullible. You have no concept of how credible or not the person that wrote it is. This person lived 2K years ago.

Taken in whole, with the many other writings and traditions, what this person who lived 2K years ago wrote shows me that something extraordinary happened. But to each their own. Nobody is going to force you to believe Christ's teachings, nor ridicule you for not believing.

There are millions of people in America who aren't christian and they certainly don't trust your christian bible.

I don't know why you have the need to force others to believe as you do. If you had a strong faith it wouldn't need validation by other people. So from what I can see yours is a shallow faith not built on anything but a weird need for validation.

Where are you getting that anyone is trying to force their Christian beliefs on you? Nobody is holding a knife to your throat and forcing you to believe.

Oh, wait....yes, some people are, but they are not Christians.

But you christers have long history of it

Jewish Persecution Timeline of Judaism History of AntiSemitism

Taken in whole, with the many other writings and traditions, what this person who lived 2K years ago wrote shows me that something extraordinary happened. But to each their own. Nobody is going to force you to believe Christ's teachings, nor ridicule you for not believing.
How do you know that extraordinary event was nothing more than a collaboration on the ultimate social control system? its pretty air tight. An invisible god you only see after you die and cant come back with proof of. A book written by people that no one can prove existed and suspiciously sounds just like another religion adjusted to meet then modern day needs. I dont have problems in people believing what they believe but dont pretend you have any proof another than your belief.

The bible is a current event? Was it updated???

Yes it is a current event, because of the end times before Jesus returns is happing right now and in the exact order that it was written.

The "end times" of the Bible are about those people at that time in those days, not us in the "latter days."

Right
That is why it is happening just like it says.
The good news of Jesus was not spread to the whole world in that time. It has been fulfilled in our time.
Israel was not its own nation then, it was controlled by Rome. It is now.
The weather was not changing back then like it is now.
Israel was not surrounded by enemies on all sides like it is now.
The 3rd temple has to be built and they are preparing for it to be built, in the not too far off distance future.

I think the world would do just fine to keep the page with the 10 Commandments and toss the rest.

the world doesn't even follow those. Why would they without the testimony of who God is and the covenant relationship we can have with Him through the atonement of Jesus Christ?

I think the world would do just fine to keep the page with the 10 Commandments and toss the rest.

the world doesn't even follow those. Why would they without the testimony of who God is and the covenant relationship we can have with Him through the atonement of Jesus Christ?
If the world can't follow 10 simple sentences, then why am I being admonished to read an entire fucking Bible? :dunno:

The "testimony of God"? That's rich. Perhaps God is simply an elemental particle. You ever think of that?

As for Christ's atonement, he was a lesser player in the bigger picture of things.

Look to His Mother. Then look to Her Mother, and Her Mother.....

The universe is a feminine entity. Christ was a dimple on the ass of Mother Creation.

Nobody is perfect. However, today, nobody has to worry about being forced to convert to Christianity at the threat of losing their head. And, more pertinently to this discussion, nobody is trying to force their Christian beliefs upon you (or anyone else).

How do you know that extraordinary event was nothing more than a collaboration on the ultimate social control system? its pretty air tight. An invisible god you only see after you die and cant come back with proof of. A book written by people that no one can prove existed and suspiciously sounds just like another religion adjusted to meet then modern day needs. I dont have problems in people believing what they believe but dont pretend you have any proof another than your belief.

Lots of evidence of an extraordinary event. Look how Christianity spread. It was just a century later that someone wrote the equivalent of the Catholic Eucharistic Mass on a scroll and wore it as an amulet in Egypt. Josephus Flavius wrote about Christ. While the Christ's church has never been perfect because of the imperfect men who administer it, look at the extraordinary beneficience the Church has had over the past 2000 years. THAT is extraordinary.

I understand why you, and many other people, need "proof". I did too. After years of looking, and a moderate amount of actual searching, I have enough proof for me.

Nobody is perfect. However, today, nobody has to worry about being forced to convert to Christianity at the threat of losing their head. And, more pertinently to this discussion, nobody is trying to force their Christian beliefs upon you (or anyone else).

Lots of evidence of an extraordinary event. Look how Christianity spread. It was just a century later that someone wrote the equivalent of the Catholic Eucharistic Mass on a scroll and wore it as an amulet in Egypt. Josephus Flavius wrote about Christ. While the Christ's church has never been perfect because of the imperfect men who administer it, look at the extraordinary beneficience the Church has had over the past 2000 years. THAT is extraordinary.

I understand why you, and many other people, need "proof". I did too. After years of looking, and a moderate amount of actual searching, I have enough proof for me.
Christianity spread as a result of imperialism and papal bulls endorsing slavery and genocide. How do you reconcile that as evidence the bible is from god? Islam spread as well but I bet you are not Islamic.

actually josephus flavius did not write about jesus----the very short statement that shows up in his book is considered to be a fraudulent insert by scholars------if you want to believe it true----he certainly did not write anything more than----"they say there was a person who was doing healing" ---or something like that

Christianity spread as a result of imperialism and papal bulls endorsing slavery and genocide. How do you reconcile that as evidence the bible is from god? Islam spread as well but I bet you are not Islamic.

You are extrapolating. I am using the rapid spread of Christianity as an indication of something extraordinary, not as evidence the bible is from God. "Papal bulls endorsing slavery and genocide"?? What in the WORLD are you talking about.

I would say that Mohammed was an extraordinary person. So was George Washington, and Adolph Hitler.

Yes, some people theorize it is inserted. Most do not. It is widely accepted that Flavius wrote about Jesus on two occasions.

You are extrapolating. I am using the rapid spread of Christianity as an indication of something extraordinary, not as evidence the bible is from God. "Papal bulls endorsing slavery and genocide"?? What in the WORLD are you talking about.

I would say that Mohammed was an extraordinary person. So was George Washington, and Adolph Hitler.

Yes, some people theorize it is inserted. Most do not. It is widely accepted that Flavius wrote about Jesus on two occasions.

its not theory-----it is established------not that it matters much---what was stuck in the book was very trivial----no more than
"such and such person existed"

its not theory-----it is established------not that it matters much---what was stuck in the book was very trivial----no more than
"such and such person existed"

When discussing the alleged existence of Jesus Christ, one piece of "evidence" that frequently gets mentioned is the account of Flavius Josephus, the famed Jewish general and historian who lived from 37 to 100 C.E. In Josephus's Antiquities of the Jews there is a notorious passage regarding Christ called the "Testimonium Flavium."

"Now, there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works,--a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day." .

This brief piece of evidence which supposedly contributed the best "proof" of Jesus's existence has actually been proven to be a fraud. It has been demonstrated continuously over the centuries that "Testamonium Flavium" was a forgery manufactured by the Catholic Church, and was inserted into Josephus's works. The Testamonium Flavium account is so thoroughly refuted, that biblical scholars since the 19th century have refused to refer to it, unless to mention its false nature.

Don't make me upset. Here we are speaking about Bible. What the hell you are babbling about other religions. I don't force anyone. Read the thread more attentively. The very first comment of mine. You seem to be a rude troll who like to critisize anyone's belief. What are doing in the thread about the SACRED Bible. Get out !!

Wow, are you paranoid. My post wasn't to you or in reply to any of your posts. It was a reply to the OP ninja007.

If you're so sensitive about what someone else says about religion then I would say your faith isn't a very solid one.

If you need to attack someone for voicing their opinion then you need to realize that your faith is a very shallow one. If my words upset you so much then my words have power. If you were a real christian my words wouldn't have upset you like that. If you were a real American, you would have agreed with me. That everyone has the right to worship the higher power of their choice.

Believe whatever you want. Which is what I said to the OP. Just stop including others.

ninja007 should have said "the bible I can trust it." It's very conceited to believe that you have any right to speak for anyone but yourself. Which is basically what I posted to ninja007.

No I won't go away. Just who do you think you are? You have no authority or right to tell me what to do.

If you don't like my posts then don't read them. I know I will scroll right by yours. All you have is paranoia and hate for anyone who doesn't agree with you. Which isn't very christian and exactly the opposite of what jesus and the bible teaches you to do.

May the Mother Goddess bless you and all you love.

Forum List

Back