The Best Politicians Money Can Buy

Look no further than the fact that the Obama Admin is proudly Proclaiming they will raise over 1 BILLION dollars for his run this time. That is all you need to know about the man, and our system.

And that is just what he is spending above board. Then you have all the back handed deals, and hand outs to Unions, and businesses that He and his cronies in the Congress have already given out and what you have is the Presidency going for 25 Billion or so.

Oh the joy

Look no further than the fact that the Obama Admin is proudly Proclaiming they will raise over 1 BILLION dollars for his run this time. That is all you need to know about the man, and our system.

And that is just what he is spending above board. Then you have all the back handed deals, and hand outs to Unions, and businesses that He and his cronies in the Congress have already given out and what you have is the Presidency going for 25 Billion or so.

Oh the joy

Yep. it's all about HIM, and all it will ever be.

When PC makes a sister thread about any oil company and the other party, I might taker her seriously

Why? Would that somehow change the facts of this thread?
PC has a record of being a partisan shrill.

Partisan shrills on both sides are the problem.

Well, without agreeing with your assessment of PC's shrillness or whatever, I don't see what that has to do with the facts of the thread either.

I've been saying that our leaders are in the Corporate pocket since.........

I think since.......I was around a Sophomore in High School.

That's why we need some sort of public financing of elections. Our representitives need to spend more time on our business, instead fund raisers where they sell their votes to whomever can bundle the largest amount of campaign contributions. They do it in Britain. Why not here?

Oh the joy

Just complaints, no solution? Both sides of the aisle are guilty and third parties don't stand a chance because of it. How about public financing of elections?

Oh the joy

Just complaints, no solution? Both sides of the aisle are guilty and third parties don't stand a chance because of it. How about public financing of elections?

The solution is simple really. Just return the function of the Federal government to pre-FDR status. Nobody in Congress or the White House will be exempt from laws and policy that applies to all of us, and neither the Administration nor the Congress can dispense the people's money for the benefit of any individual, entity, or group. Without ability to increase their own power, influence, or personal fortune by using the U.S. treasury for bribes, they will be far more likely to focus on laws, policy, and regulation that will benefit everybody. And the unions, the lobbyists, and fortune merchants will be defanged and much reduced in power. We might even get a responsible media again.

And they won't be so eager to raise and spend mega millions or billions to get a job they will no longer be able to get rich doing.

As long as we're being brief, what difference does it make whether a Republican or Democrat is in the White House? Is not the principle of payola as repugnant in all cases?

Of course, but it's always going to fall of deaf ears when, for partisan reasons, Message Board heroes speak out against it when there's a President opposite of their personal affiliation, but then don't say dick when their guy's in house doing it.

And this is what we have here, and a simple USMB search can prove me wrong if I'm wrong. I'm not, so she can take her jargain and shove it back up the disengenuous hole that it came from.

This appears to be the kind of post one offers rather than actually find data and documentation to refute or counter...

Is that the case?

If so, I see two possible motivations...
1. You really can't come up with the proof of this level of crony capitalism and gangster government by oppositon....

or

2. You are too comatose and/or indolent to research and compose.

Your move.

It's not my move. I called you on your bias, and you failed to produce your objectivism. You could have done this via the search function and producing a thread of yours coming from the, say, Bush years regarding crony Capitalism. But we know, it doesn't exist. Funny that.

You must be talking about the hundreds of millions of dollars from the Chamber of Commerce, 90% of which goes to Republicans.

Where does the Chamber of Commerce get it's money? They don't have to say, thanks to the Republican controlled Supreme Court. In fact, all we know is what China and Russia have told us what they give to the Chamber of Commerce. Hmmmm.

I just love it when deanie-weanie posts....

...this one is soooo good, some folks will think I wrote that post for you!

1. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees is now the biggest outside spender of the 2010 elections, thanks to an 11th-hour effort to boost Democrats that has vaulted the public-sector union ahead of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO and a flock of new Republican groups in campaign spending.
The 1.6 million-member AFSCME is spending a total of $87.5 million on the elections after tapping into a $16 million emergency account to help fortify the Democrats' hold on Congress. Last week, AFSCME dug deeper, taking out a $2 million loan to fund its push. The group is spending money on television advertisements, phone calls, campaign mailings and other political efforts, helped by a Supreme Court decision that loosened restrictions on campaign spending."We're the big dog," said Larry Scanlon, the head of AFSCME's political operations. "But we don't like to brag."
Public-Employees Union Is Now Campaign's Big Spender - WSJ.com

2. BTW, while lobbying for the EFCA, the SEIU fired 75 of its 220 employees, ‘cause, you know, they needed that $60 million for Obama, so the employees filed an NLRB unfair practices suit. (NATIONAL BRIEFING - LABOR - Union Is Accused of Violations - Brief - NYTimes.com)
This is what Andy Stern, SEIU president said: “This is not a financial issue. We need to respond t the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity our members created by helping elect President Obama.” Once again, why join a union?

3. Second, instead of improving workers’ benefits, unions have become political action committees: take money from workers to give to politicians to help them get elected, and then politicians pass laws that make ‘capitalism’ moot. SEIU President Andy Stern: “We spent a fortune to elect Barack Obama- $60.7 million, to be exact- and we’re proud of it.”
“After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed.”
Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight - WSJ.com

I've seen you put your foot in your mouth so often....

...could you put both feet in your mouth at the same time?

That would be a BIG finish!

I love it when Republicans think American citizens giving money to political candidates is "buying those candidates, but have no problem when China and Russia buy Republican candidates

See? Unions, made of up "middle class" workers protect those workers - bad.

Republican politicians purchased by Chinese and Russian money shitting on those American workers - good.

Helping American workers isn't "capitalism".

Helping Chinese workers IS "capitalism".

Now you wonder why people are booing Republicans at town halls and starting "recall" elections across the country. The Republican leadership has shown their true colors. And it's not "Red, White and Blue". It's "Red" for Republican and "Yellow" for running away from the American Middle Class.

chinese-flag-640.jpg

You must be talking about the hundreds of millions of dollars from the Chamber of Commerce, 90% of which goes to Republicans.

Where does the Chamber of Commerce get it's money? They don't have to say, thanks to the Republican controlled Supreme Court. In fact, all we know is what China and Russia have told us what they give to the Chamber of Commerce. Hmmmm.

I just love it when deanie-weanie posts....

...this one is soooo good, some folks will think I wrote that post for you!

1. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees is now the biggest outside spender of the 2010 elections, thanks to an 11th-hour effort to boost Democrats that has vaulted the public-sector union ahead of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO and a flock of new Republican groups in campaign spending.
The 1.6 million-member AFSCME is spending a total of $87.5 million on the elections after tapping into a $16 million emergency account to help fortify the Democrats' hold on Congress. Last week, AFSCME dug deeper, taking out a $2 million loan to fund its push. The group is spending money on television advertisements, phone calls, campaign mailings and other political efforts, helped by a Supreme Court decision that loosened restrictions on campaign spending."We're the big dog," said Larry Scanlon, the head of AFSCME's political operations. "But we don't like to brag."
Public-Employees Union Is Now Campaign's Big Spender - WSJ.com

2. BTW, while lobbying for the EFCA, the SEIU fired 75 of its 220 employees, ‘cause, you know, they needed that $60 million for Obama, so the employees filed an NLRB unfair practices suit. (NATIONAL BRIEFING - LABOR - Union Is Accused of Violations - Brief - NYTimes.com)
This is what Andy Stern, SEIU president said: “This is not a financial issue. We need to respond t the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity our members created by helping elect President Obama.” Once again, why join a union?

3. Second, instead of improving workers’ benefits, unions have become political action committees: take money from workers to give to politicians to help them get elected, and then politicians pass laws that make ‘capitalism’ moot. SEIU President Andy Stern: “We spent a fortune to elect Barack Obama- $60.7 million, to be exact- and we’re proud of it.”
“After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed.”
Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight - WSJ.com

I've seen you put your foot in your mouth so often....

...could you put both feet in your mouth at the same time?

That would be a BIG finish!

I love it when Republicans think American citizens giving money to political candidates is "buying those candidates, but have no problem when China and Russia buy Republican candidates

See? Unions, made of up "middle class" workers protect those workers - bad.

Republican politicians purchased by Chinese and Russian money shitting on those American workers - good.

Helping American workers isn't "capitalism".

Helping Chinese workers IS "capitalism".

Now you wonder why people are booing Republicans at town halls and starting "recall" elections across the country. The Republican leadership has shown their true colors. And it's not "Red, White and Blue". It's "Red" for Republican and "Yellow" for running away from the American Middle Class.

chinese-flag-640.jpg

Deanie....you're not attempting to squirm out of your post, and pretend that you didn't imply that the Chamber was the villain in giving money to pols, are you?

Naughty boy...

My response was clearly dispositive as it showed that AFSME and SEIU are the bete noire here, based on your definition.

You see, businesses and corporations are composed of individuals, and stocks are held by union members, middle class folks....
in fact, more than half of working folks are investors in one form or another.
begin to see the relationships?

Are you suggesting that Repubs are in the pocket of hostile nations???
Do you recall the Red Army contributing to Bill Clinton's election?
Are you sure you want to continue that debate?

Well, in any case, deanie, have a wonderful Easter!

"...thanks to the Republican controlled Supreme Court."
Is this about 'Citizen's United"?

You might be interested in what former Federal Election Commission Chairman Bradley Smith had to say:

"Tonight the president engaged in demogoguery of the worst kind, when he claimed that last week’s Supreme Court decision in Citizens United v. FEC, “open[ed] the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections. Well I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities.”
The president’s statement is false.

The Court held that 2 U.S.C. Section 441a, which prohibits all corporate political spending, is unconstitutional. Foreign nationals, specifically defined to include foreign corporations, are prohibiting from making “a contribution or donation of money or ather thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State or local election” under 2 U.S.C. Section 441e, which was not at issue in the case. Foreign corporations are also prohibited, under 2 U.S.C. 441e, from making any contribution or donation to any committee of any political party, and they prohibited from making any “expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication.”

This is either blithering ignorance of the law or demagoguery of the worst kind.President Wrong on Citizens United Case - By Bradley A. Smith - The Corner - National Review Online

I really, really liked what he said about the President, didn't you?

Man, if only he wouldn't sugar-coat it....

If there ever was a Corporate-Owned President,the guy in there right now is it. GE Exec Jeffrey Immelt his "Jobs Czar?" GE completely owns this President. And how much Taxes does GE pay? And how often do Google,Facebook,and NBC Execs meet with this White House? So where are all those screeching "Evil Corporation" Lefty Wingers on this stuff? Man,you know if an 'R' was in there right now they would be freaking out 24/7 over this. I don't see any honesty coming from the Left these days. They really have sold out.

Forum List

Back