The best and worst states to have a baby? Vermont wins.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The best 10 states ranked high in baby friendliness (evaluations of parental leave policies, mom groups and child care centers) and family friendliness (which considered health and safety, family fun and affordability).

1. Vermont was named the best state. It ranked No. 1 in health care, eighth in baby friendliness and fifth in family friendliness.
  2. Massachusetts ranked No. 3 in health care, 12th in baby friendliness and first in family friendliness.
  3. Minnesota ranked No. 4 in health care, fifth in baby friendliness and second in family friendliness.
  4. New Hampshire ranked No. 2 in health care, 40th in baby friendliness and third in family friendliness.
  5. North Dakota ranked No. 19 in health care, 19th in baby friendliness and fourth in family friendliness.
  6. Connecticut ranked No. 13 in health care, third in baby friendliness and 11th in family friendliness.
  7. Colorado ranked No. 8 in health care, fourth in baby friendliness and 14th in family friendliness.
  8. Nebraska ranked No. 15 in health care, 22nd in baby friendliness and ninth in family friendliness.
  9. District of Columbia ranked No. 37 in health care, first in baby friendliness and N/A in family friendliness.
  10. California ranked No. 11 in health care, sixth in baby friendliness and 10th in family friendliness.
and worst states:
  1. Mississippi was named the worst state. It ranked No. 50 in health care, 49th in baby friendliness and 49th in family friendliness.
  2. Alabama ranked No. 46 in health care, 50th in baby friendliness and 48th in family friendliness.
  3. South Carolina ranked No. 48 in health care, 49th in baby friendliness and 44th in family friendliness.
  4. Louisiana ranked last in health care, 32nd in baby friendliness and 46th in family friendliness.
  5. Oklahoma ranked No. 41 in health care, 23rd in baby friendliness and 45th in family friendliness.
  6. West Virginia ranked No. 45 in health care, 47th in baby friendliness and 47th in family friendliness.
  7. Georgia ranked No. 43 in health care, 31st in baby friendliness and 42nd in family friendliness.
  8. Arkansas ranked No. 49 in health care, 26th in baby friendliness and 43rd in family friendliness.
Lowest infant mortality rate (in order)

• New Hampshire
  • Iowa
  • Massachusettes
  • California
  • Vermont
Highest infant mortality rate (in order)

• Louisiana
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Delaware
  • Mississippi
Where does your state rank among the best and worst places to have a baby?

Now tell me where I'd want to be pregnant, and by the way , Texas has the highest maternal mortality rate. Love those Republican states, not if you are pregnant.

Unless I overlooked it, I didn't see Tennessee on any of the lists.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The link says Tennessee ranks 41st out of 50 best.

Would be interesting to compare with, say, Canadian provinces though.

The best 10 states ranked high in baby friendliness (evaluations of parental leave policies, mom groups and child care centers) and family friendliness (which considered health and safety, family fun and affordability).

1. Vermont was named the best state. It ranked No. 1 in health care, eighth in baby friendliness and fifth in family friendliness.
  2. Massachusetts ranked No. 3 in health care, 12th in baby friendliness and first in family friendliness.
  3. Minnesota ranked No. 4 in health care, fifth in baby friendliness and second in family friendliness.
  4. New Hampshire ranked No. 2 in health care, 40th in baby friendliness and third in family friendliness.
  5. North Dakota ranked No. 19 in health care, 19th in baby friendliness and fourth in family friendliness.
  6. Connecticut ranked No. 13 in health care, third in baby friendliness and 11th in family friendliness.
  7. Colorado ranked No. 8 in health care, fourth in baby friendliness and 14th in family friendliness.
  8. Nebraska ranked No. 15 in health care, 22nd in baby friendliness and ninth in family friendliness.
  9. District of Columbia ranked No. 37 in health care, first in baby friendliness and N/A in family friendliness.
  10. California ranked No. 11 in health care, sixth in baby friendliness and 10th in family friendliness.
and worst states:
  1. Mississippi was named the worst state. It ranked No. 50 in health care, 49th in baby friendliness and 49th in family friendliness.
  2. Alabama ranked No. 46 in health care, 50th in baby friendliness and 48th in family friendliness.
  3. South Carolina ranked No. 48 in health care, 49th in baby friendliness and 44th in family friendliness.
  4. Louisiana ranked last in health care, 32nd in baby friendliness and 46th in family friendliness.
  5. Oklahoma ranked No. 41 in health care, 23rd in baby friendliness and 45th in family friendliness.
  6. West Virginia ranked No. 45 in health care, 47th in baby friendliness and 47th in family friendliness.
  7. Georgia ranked No. 43 in health care, 31st in baby friendliness and 42nd in family friendliness.
  8. Arkansas ranked No. 49 in health care, 26th in baby friendliness and 43rd in family friendliness.

• New Hampshire
  • Iowa
  • Massachusettes
  • California
  • Vermont

• Louisiana
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Delaware
  • Mississippi

Now tell me where I'd want to be pregnant, and by the way , Texas has the highest maternal mortality rate. Love those Republican states, not if you are pregnant.
Sure it is if the Mother doesn't murder the baby first.
Vermont Abortion Bill Goes Further than Virginia and New York's | National Review

and worst states:

• New Hampshire
  • Iowa
  • Massachusettes
  • California
  • Vermont

• Louisiana
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Delaware
  • Mississippi

My wife and I have had 4 babies. First in South Carolina and the rest in Georgia and we never felt unwelcomed,unhappy or anything. Each was in different hospitals etc..So now idea how they come up with this shit.

and worst states:

• New Hampshire
  • Iowa
  • Massachusettes
  • California
  • Vermont

• Louisiana
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Delaware
  • Mississippi

The criteria from the article: >> The best 10 states ranked high in baby friendliness (evaluations of parental leave policies, mom groups and child care centers) and family friendliness (which considered health and safety, family fun and affordability).

So basically that seems to relate to if a state has more more wealth to provide those services that are more “baby friendly” and “family friendly.” Yeah, big deal. I am sure utterly poor nations that abhor abortion would be on the very bottom in those categories. IOW, this is stupid.

Recently read that over 50% of all births in NYC end in abortion and 80% of black births end in abortion. So stand up and have another rousing cheer New York legislature and Cuomo.

Recently read that over 50% of all births in NYC end in abortion and 80% of black births end in abortion. So stand up and have another rousing cheer New York legislature and Cuomo.

Based on the above I think standing up and cheering your fertile imagination for making shit up would be more relevant.

Based on the above I think standing up and cheering your fertile imagination for making shit up would be more relevant.
I heard it on hannity a couple of nights ago. If he embellished the statistics that's on him. Do you want me to try to find it just to defend myself to you? That would cost money. Otherwise, I am content to have you feel so righteous.

Vermont rules. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't count babies being torn limb from limb without the decency of at least giving them pain meds then you aren't really interested in an accurate data on the care of babies.

Magaman?
I hate you already.

Hard to imagine anyone supporting post-birth abortion without a gut full of hate.

and worst states:

• New Hampshire
  • Iowa
  • Massachusettes
  • California
  • Vermont

• Louisiana
  • Georgia
  • Alabama
  • Delaware
  • Mississippi

Millions of Americans want nothing to do with a nanny state...
keep that shit yourselves

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The link says Tennessee ranks 41st out of 50 best.

Would be interesting to compare with, say, Canadian provinces though.
Thank you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There is a map at the bottom of the link.
Thank you.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Vermont rules. ;)

If you don't count babies being torn limb from limb without the decency of at least giving them pain meds then you aren't really interested in an accurate data on the care of babies.

Magaman?
I hate you already.

Hard to imagine anyone supporting post-birth abortion without a gut full of hate.

You don’t know my views on abortion.

Vermont rules. ;)

Magaman?
I hate you already.

I don't care

Vermont rules. ;)

Magaman?
I hate you already.

I don't care

Continue to assume the worst in people.
Thats what you MAGA idiots do best.
And killing.
And spreading hatred toward anyone who us not a white/heterosexual/male.
#MAGA
#WINNING
#BERNIE2020

Forum List

Back