The Best Albums of All Time?

i totally agree on the metallica cutoff. Tho, the black album came out my freshman year and we still played enter Sandman at the HS variety show. I remember in 95 when the local radio station had a countdown to the new metallica song.. my guitarist and I were anxiously awaiting to hear this. for some reason we had to leave the car and, when we came back, quickly found the station. What we heard was Until it Sleeps and didn't realize who it was. My acutal quote was, "wouldn't it but funny if this pussy shit was the new metallica song?" Well, that joke lasted until the chorus when it was clearly Metallica. I've hated that band ever since. It's why Im such a slayer fan these days. That last Slayer album kicked all kinds of ass.

Honestly, I never gave Slayer another shot after Reign In Blood.. They just seemed too intent on doing nothing but making noise. Nothing really stood out.

Kind Diamond was another oldie but goodie who I still occasionally pull out.

**hugs collection of old vinyl** :redface:

# 1.2 Show No Mercy (1983–1984)
# 1.3 Hell Awaits (1985–1986)
# 1.4 Reign in Blood (1986–1987)
# 1.5 South of Heaven (1988–1989)
# 1.6 Seasons in the Abyss (1990–1993)
# 1.7 Divine Intervention (1994–1995)
# 1.8 Undisputed Attitude (1996–1997)
# 1.9 Diabolus in Musica (1998–2000)
# 1.10 God Hates Us All (2001–2005)
# 1.11 Christ Illusion (2006–present)

these are my favs.

bruce.jpg

Even looks like he's choking on them.

So, since he's wearing leather, what catagory does that put him in Shattered?

:confused:

How the hell would I know? MY category of choice would be retirement. :) I can't stand the putz.

You'd better ask Ravi, since she's good at stereotyping based on nothing.

Dunno how I forgot this one song ...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=manxPVTLth8&feature=related]YouTube - In the Air tonight LIVE- phil collins[/ame]

Phil Collins - one of the best!

Can't take someone who thinks metal is music that seriously.

Thanks anyway...

But you think a guy who sounds like he has a throat full of Grapenuts is music?

Perhaps you shouldn't be so condescending and consider it a matter of taste.:eusa_eh:

I'll take Metallica, Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin over listening to ditty-bop Bruce and his pop tunes any day.

It's an opinion shared by his peers, music critics and many fans. Who's your favourite band/singer?

Some people like him. some don't. Like any musician. I don't actually have a favorite singer/band, nor even a favorite genre of music. I like rock from the 60s, 70s and 80s, heavy metal, country, bluegrass, Southern Rock.

I can even listen to Bruce Springsteen so long as it's Dancing in the Dark. Otherwise i don't care for his music. A matter of personal preference.

It's an opinion shared by his peers, music critics and many fans. Who's your favourite band/singer?

My favorite isn't something you're likely to care for in the least if you think Springsteen's "it", so I'll spare you the gorey details.

Suffice it to say, I like ALL types of music. I just happen to think he sucks.

My favorite isn't something you're likely to care for in the least if you think Springsteen's "it", so I'll spare you the gorey details.

Suffice it to say, I like ALL types of music. I just happen to think he sucks.

I like all sorts, you might be surprised. I just happen to think Springsteen is the best of them, but that doesn't mean others are crappy.

And he doesn't suck...or is a hack... Not liking his music is one thing, calling him a hack is another. And it is wrong.

Forum List

Back