The Benghazi hearings live

The republicans are on the attack and the dems are circling the wagons.
The water will be so muddy that the truth will never see the light of day.
In other words, politics as usual.

What truth?

The republicans are making a huge deal out of a TV appearance. And one that essentially parroted CIA talking points and came with caveats. There was NO attempt to deceive anyone on the part of the Administration.

The CIA, however, may be a different story.

But that's what you guys don't really care about.

There are three real live issues here:

-Were the CIA holding militants prisoner?
-Was it wise to open a consulate when the area was not safe?
-Why does congress not provide adequate funding for security?

Bullshit

The key new disclosure is that senior levels of the White House and State Department were closely involved in the rewriting of the talking points. Previously, Obama administration officials had strongly suggested that the talking points were developed almost exclusively by intelligence officials.

The Benghazi talking points: What?s known and unknown - The Washington Post

According to Democratic House Oversight Committee staff, the amount that the GOP-led House passed for two accounts that pay for embassy security in fiscal 2012 ($2.311 billion) was $330 million less than the Obama administration had requested ($2.641 billion).
A GOP House Appropriations Committee aide confirmed the House bill had less in these accounts than what the administration requested.
However, the final bill, after being worked on by the Democratic-led Senate, put in more money than what had passed in the House. The final bill, which passed with bipartisan support, gave a total of $2.37 billion to these accounts for fiscal 2012 -- about $270 million less than what the administration had requested.

CNN Fact Check: What about the security in Benghazi? - CNN.com

"Strongly SUGGESTED"?????

REALLY???

WHEN?

I am sure there was back and forth between the state department and the CIA.

THATS HOW IT WORKS.

YOU PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONS.

What truth?

The republicans are making a huge deal out of a TV appearance. And one that essentially parroted CIA talking points and came with caveats. There was NO attempt to deceive anyone on the part of the Administration.

The CIA, however, may be a different story.

But that's what you guys don't really care about.

There are three real live issues here:

-Were the CIA holding militants prisoner?
-Was it wise to open a consulate when the area was not safe?
-Why does congress not provide adequate funding for security?

Bullshit

The Benghazi talking points: What?s known and unknown - The Washington Post

According to Democratic House Oversight Committee staff, the amount that the GOP-led House passed for two accounts that pay for embassy security in fiscal 2012 ($2.311 billion) was $330 million less than the Obama administration had requested ($2.641 billion).
A GOP House Appropriations Committee aide confirmed the House bill had less in these accounts than what the administration requested.
However, the final bill, after being worked on by the Democratic-led Senate, put in more money than what had passed in the House. The final bill, which passed with bipartisan support, gave a total of $2.37 billion to these accounts for fiscal 2012 -- about $270 million less than what the administration had requested.

CNN Fact Check: What about the security in Benghazi? - CNN.com

It does not matter whether there was less. According to the State Dept. itself as well as the findings in the State Department's own investigative report (the ARB) regarding Benghazi, budget was not an issue for added security for Benghazi. Period. Quit trying to spin.

As one of the Officer's testified today, money is not the answer, but better is.

Unreal.

Yeah..money was an issue.

Still is.

You nutters couldn't wait for today. Now you can't wait for tonight and tomorrow so you can be told what to think about what happened today.

You only wish that were true...

It isn't?

Go ahead. Tell me what you took away from the hearings. Not a list of questions. Give me the fucking facts.

Does this answer your question thoroughly enough?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/292870-the-benghazi-hearings-live-2.html#post7208660
Today, 04:40 PM
depotoo
Member #39553 Join Date: Sep 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I did not get to listen to about the listen 15-20 minutes of the hearing but here are the points I took away from what I heard.

1. First, why is there continued stonewalling as to the clearance of information for one of the whistleblowers, so they were not able to testify today?

2. Who was responsible for telling the DS to back down in Tripoli and why as that is their primary role?

3. Why was Hicks told not to privately meet with the ARB board?

4. Why was the Direct Action Committee kept out of response meeting when they hda the direct knowledge of what happened and were there?

5. Why were not all witnesses directly involved interviewed?

6. Who ok'd temporary facilities not having to have the same level of security as well as enforcements as permanent facilities did?

7. Who told Col. Gibson's response team not to board the plane for Benghazi? Military heads still deny that order.

8. Defense attache stated there would be no military response, even before the situation was fully assessed and permission of the government of Libya to use airspace was never asked for. Why?

9. Why was Hicks never given a copy of his interview or a final report from the ARB as was reuired so he could confirm his testimony was represented to them properly? Why were others also denied a copy?

10. Video of Kennedy continued to push, just as Rice did, that the best info they had was that it was due to a video - not a terrorist attack for days.

11. What lost evidence was there due to Rice's continued denial of it being a terrorist attack, as it was claimed by the Libyan President, upsetting them and thus the FBI had to wait for that support from Libya for 17 days to be able to get to Benghazi? and the gov't also did not secure the area for us due to what they felt was a slap in the face.

12. Why was the First Response Team told not to respond even though they were the closest in Tripoli?

13. Why were 2 individuals reprimanded even though they were not allowed to review what the ARB stated their testimony actually was, which resulted in their reprimands?

14. Why was Hick's never interviewed by the FBI?

15. Why was that post continued to even be allowed due to the degree of conflict and past actual IED's that had hit continued to be manned?

That's Mr Old Man to you and yes I see you did. Beat me by one minute lol. May the Mod Gods merge the threads as they see fit. I'm off too lunch anyhow.

20080228-Big_Brother_Slop_Ingredients_2.jpg

You only wish that were true...

It isn't?

Go ahead. Tell me what you took away from the hearings. Not a list of questions. Give me the fucking facts.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/292870-the-benghazi-hearings-live-2.html#post7208660
depotoo

I did not get to listen to about the listen 15-20 minutes of the hearing but here are the points I took away from what I heard.

1. First, why is there continued stonewalling as to the clearance of information for one of the whistleblowers, so they were not able to testify today?

2. Who was responsible for telling the DS to back down in Tripoli and why as that is their primary role?

4. Why was the Direct Action Committee kept out of response meeting when they hda the direct knowledge of what happened and were there?

6. Who ok'd temporary facilities not having to have the same level of security as well as enforcements as permanent facilities did?

7. Who told Col. Gibson's response team not to board the plane for Benghazi? Military heads still deny that order.

8. Defense attache stated there would be no military response, even before the situation was fully assessed and permission of the government of Libya to use airspace was never asked for. Why?

9. Why was Hicks never given a copy of his interview or a final report from the ARB as was reuired so he could confirm his testimony was represented to them properly? Why were others also denied a copy?

10. Video of Kennedy continued to push, just as Rice did, that the best info they had was that it was due to a video - not a terrorist attack for days.

11. What lost evidence was there due to Rice's continued denial of it being a terrorist attack, as it was claimed by the Libyan President, upsetting them and thus the FBI had to wait for that support from Libya for 17 days to be able to get to Benghazi? and the gov't also did not secure the area for us due to what they felt was a slap in the face.

12. Why was the First Response Team told not to respond even though they were the closest in Tripoli?

13. Why were 2 individuals reprimanded even though they were not allowed to review what the ARB stated their testimony actually was, which resulted in their reprimands?

15. Why was that post continued to even be allowed due to the degree of conflict and past actual IED's that had hit continued to be manned?

Questions. I saw you post that earlier. Questions are bullshit. What are the facts.

Anyone can ask fucking questions. What are the answers, genius?

Obama and Clinton should stick with the story that they knew all about the danger and let those men die because they didn't want to spend the money. After all obama had to fly to Las Vegas to campaign the next day and his financial priorities didn't permit defense.

It isn't?

depotoo

Questions. I saw you post that earlier. Questions are bullshit. What are the facts.

You see, there you go changing the goal posts.

Answers are exactly what these hearings are looking for. Unfortunately, not all documents are being made available, nor are the parties that be forthcoming nor are some being allowed to speak, without the documents in which will back them up on these answers that most of us want answered.

But, have no fear, hearings will likely continue until those answers do come to light.

depotoo

You see, there you go changing the goal posts.

Answers are exactly what these hearings are looking for. Unfortunately, not all documents are being made available, nor are the parties that be forthcoming nor are some being allowed to speak, without the documents in which will back them up on these answers that most of us want answered.

But, have no fear, hearings will likely continue until those answers do come to light.

Holy shit. I said give me answers.....I specifically said do not give me a list of questions. I moved nothing.

You lied anyway. You did not get THAT list of questions from 15-20 minutes of the hearing. You fucking liar. Why are you lying?

Oh, and we do know that the team in Tripoli was told to stand down. We do know added security was denied. We do know they broke protocol from normal response in such situations. We do know they continued the farce of it being a video, even when Hick's told them as he reported it to them that night it was terrorists. We do know they did not request the use of airspace for a response. There are many things we know, but most of those we do not know the why's and that is what they are working on getting to the bottom of.

We also know there were 2 IED's that were thrown into the compound in the last few months prior, in which one blew a hole in the wall sourrounding it there. And we know they continued to reduce security even though they were requesting more.

What team in Tripoli was told to stand down? Be specific.

American Special Forces soldiers were preparing to board the C-130 that would fly them on a mission to rescue Americans under attack by terrorists in Benghazi on Sept. 11 last year, but they were stopped by a last-minute order from somebody higher up in the U.S. government, House investigators have learned.

“So Lieutenant Colonel Gibson, who is the SOCAFRICA commander, his team, you know, they were on their way to the vehicles to go to the airport to get on the C‑130 when he got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, you can’t go now, you don’t have authority to go now,” Gregory Hicks, deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
If you really care to know, you can listen for yourself to the link. It's gets old doing all your work for you. -
Committee On Oversight & Government Reform

What team in Tripoli was told to stand down? Be specific.

American Special Forces soldiers were preparing to board the C-130 that would fly them on a mission to rescue Americans under attack by terrorists in Benghazi on Sept. 11 last year, but they were stopped by a last-minute order from somebody higher up in the U.S. government, House investigators have learned.

“So Lieutenant Colonel Gibson, who is the SOCAFRICA commander, his team, you know, they were on their way to the vehicles to go to the airport to get on the C‑130 when he got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, you can’t go now, you don’t have authority to go now,” Gregory Hicks, deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
If you really care to know, you can listen for yourself to the link. It's gets old doing all your work for you. -
Committee On Oversight & Government Reform

You are talking about the second team? The one with 4 soldiers? Is that right?

Forum List

Back