The Beatles weren't above cheap publicity stunts

like this "Paul Is Dead" myth - which they let go unanswered and didnt dispute.

And I didn't like the messy way they broke up.

Other than that - maybe the best at what they did except for the likes of Thomas Edison etc...

To come up with a list of their 10 best songs is impossible

Abbey Road, side 2 - and get back to us.

like this "Paul Is Dead" myth - which they let go unanswered and didnt dispute.

And I didn't like the messy way they broke up.

Other than that - maybe the best at what they did except for the likes of Thomas Edison etc...

To come up with a list of their 10 best songs is impossible

Good Golly! You're sure ignorant. The Beatles didn't dispute things because the fan loser public (which you so perfectly represent here) has many myths. disputing them all would take a full time staff of dozens.

plus Paul has addressed these things in interviews :eek:

Actually, McCartney was on the cover of LIFE magazine at the height of that crap to defuse it.

And it was (and is) stupid. Some people still believe that ridiculous junk.

As a Beatlemanic - I heard all the rumours - none of which has any basis of facts.

Never gave it much credence when it came out - the was a Life Mag Cover article on the subject

The real Paul never would have put out those crappy songs of the 70s

Ebony and Ivory?

Paul must have turned over in his grave over that one

Can't disagree on that one.

Solo career was not that great. Hated Wings.

Did one great tune solo : "Maybe I'm Amazed.":

I disagree. The music of Wings has aged well. I don't like all his solo stuff, but that stuff sounds pretty good now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjTN11CnNY]Paul Mccartney & Wings "Jet" 1976 - YouTube[/ame]

Lennons murder put to rest any possiblility of a full-fledged permanant Beatles reunion.

There was talk that it could happen.

Tabloids have been bringing up that possibility as recently as last year. Ridiculous. Even when the two Beatles still living get together, it's not a damn reunion.

Pete Best helped get the Beatles to where they were before he was forced out in favor of Ringo.

Not sure why - some image thing about Pete. Probably as good or better a drummer than Ringo.

I saw some interviews with Best - and far from being sour-grapes, was extremely gracious.

Went on with his life............................

Paul really was dead

As a Beatlemanic - I heard all the rumours - none of which has any basis of facts.

Never gave it much credence when it came out - the was a Life Mag Cover article on the subject

The real Paul never would have put out those crappy songs of the 70s

Ebony and Ivory?

Paul must have turned over in his grave over that one

Damn straight.
The Wings??...one of the most freaking load of candy ass bubble gum pop albums of all time.

Pete Best helped get the Beatles to where they were before he was forced out in favor of Ringo.

Not sure why - some image thing about Pete. Probably as good or better a drummer than Ringo.

I saw some interviews with Best - and far from being sour-grapes, was extremely gracious.

Went on with his life............................

Best's drumming was a lot less complex than Ringo's. Given the songs they did later, they made the right choice.

After reading the responses to the OP I wrote a long post about growing up with The Beatles, seeing them for the first time on a tiny black and white TV and the true genius in everything about them.........then I thought, why waste the time on a bunch of assholes with no taste.

Forum List

Back