The Beatles **** 50 Years!

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
I just found out this is the 50th year for the Beatles debut song "Love Me Do".....

Wow...I was soooo in love with them (especially Paul! :) )....
And this just made me realize i was only 8 yrs old when they came on Ed Sullivan. And ya know what? I actually remember that night and where i was and remember sitting there in awe. The people that lived next door to me, the wife was from Liverpool. So of course i asked all kinds of questions and she said she had seen them when they were just getting together as a group. So i thought that was pretty special!! :lol:

I never realized until many years later how radical John Lennon really was.
And although i always loved Paul, what made him so special to become Knighted?
Ringo and George have stayed pretty quiet...to themselves (as far as i know). I like that.....

But they were the BEST. But only 2nd to ELVIS! :clap2:

I just found out this is the 50th year for the Beatles debut song "Love Me Do".....

And this just made me realize i was only 8 yrs old when they came on Ed Sullivan. And ya know what? I actually remember that night and where i was and remember sitting there in awe. The people that lived next door to me, the wife was from Liverpool. So of course i asked all kinds of questions and she said she had seen them when they were just getting together as a group. So i thought that was pretty special!! :lol:

Ringo and George have stayed pretty quiet...to themselves (as far as i know). I like that.....

yeah we are in the same age group i remember watching it too.:eusa_clap:

The Beatles invented music video in A Hard Days Night and Help.

As with their original mop-top hairstyles that defined the 1960s - were pioneers....................

The Beatles 1966

images

Frank Zappa 1966

mothers1966_01.jpg

The Beatles put Seatte on the map aftert e World sFair of1962 with their concerts in 1964 and1966.

The Beatles invented music video in A Hard Days Night and Help.

As with their original mop-top hairstyles that defined the 1960s - were pioneers....................

Sorry Daddy-oh, there were music vids way before the Beatles.

It was 20 years ago today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play

McCartney was knighted for services to music.

Ringo still tours every now and again with the 'All Starr Band' but you're right about George Harrison. He remains very quiet. He died in 2001. ;)

Ringo still tours every now and again with the 'All Starr Band' but you're right about George Harrison. He remains very quiet. He died in 2001. ;)

Ha ha! As you can tell i haven't stayed up on them much lately :) I don't remember that George died!! Must be from the drugs i "used" to use?? Lol!

Ha ha! As you can tell i haven't stayed up on them much lately :) I don't remember that George died!! Must be from the drugs i "used" to use?? Lol!

Paul has been dead since 1969

Abbey-Road.jpg

Ha ha! Actually, Paul was my favorite, until he went out on his own.

Paul is dead

The real Paul never would have put out songs like "Ebony and Ivory" or "Silly Love Songs"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRxLfFa5aFc]Paul's story about George Harrison's Dad - YouTube[/ame]

George's dad sounds pretty cool.

My fav was George. So quiet and unassuming. Then I decided I liked Ringo better. John was married (anyone remember the words above his head on the Sullivan Show saying "Sorry girls..he is married"?).
I remember that like it was yesterday. When all my troubles seem so far away. ;)

Love and peace is 'radical'? To WHOM?

Forum List

Back