The Balfour Declaration

RE: The Balfour Declaration
⁜→ danielpalos, et al,

That is a question that some serious Jews (already in the West Bank) are going to answer themselves. An outsider cannot do it. Not even an Israel Jew can fully answer the question of establishing a State under Jewish Law.

Does anyone believe we would be worse off with a State of Judea in historic Palestine?
(COMMENT)

I'm not even sure what it is possible for a state governed by Jewish religious laws (based on the Torah) is possible.

◈ What would it look like?
◈ How much different is it from a Jewish Autonomous Oblast (JOA)?
◈ Could such a State under Jewish Law even survive in the modern world?
❖ There are a thousand and one questions that have to be considered. That would include the desired end-outcome. And I'm not sure there is any agreement on that.​

I don't think we can raise an ancient State under the Torah Rule of Law (Halakha).

Most Respectfully,
R

The idea of establishment of a separate Judean state was promoted by the locals as a reaction following the Gaza expulsion. I remember vaguely at least one time, when it was used as an ultimatum to the government, it was a media campaign on the internet , probably for recruitment, that also reached some TV channels.
As far as I know at the time their public relations wing was non-existent, and they haven't yet figured out what was their vision, and how to package it for the public consume.

It naturally disappeared from public discussion and dismissed as a radical dream.
As far as I remember they did propose a state based on Jewish law (Halacha) at the initial stage.
After years of absence from the public discussion and consciousness, the Judeans have reorganized and returned with a more clear sounding vision, still in the process of shaping the details. However their main theme has transformed into "Medina Yehudit" (Jewish state - don't conflate with the recent nation state law) as opposed to "Medinat Halacha" (Jewish law govt), which was realized as improbable for several reason.

After realizing that they can reach their goals by building on top of the current order, they've abandoned the radical revolutionary ideas and separatism in favor of persuasion and open dialogue.
This of course correlated with a fierce pressure from security forces, while at the same time initiation of direct channels with local Arab tribes, and vast investment and modernization in Judean communities.

I think this recent transformation in both the movement and the govt .demonstrates a healthy shift towards the correct vision of integration between the seemingly opposing ends of the spectrum in the Israeli society.

That said I don't think anyone abroad can really grasp the specificities of this inner dialogue without intimate understanding of Judaism and the Israeli society.

Last edited:
⁜→ danielpalos, et al,

That is a question that some serious Jews (already in the West Bank) are going to answer themselves. An outsider cannot do it. Not even an Israel Jew can fully answer the question of establishing a State under Jewish Law.

Does anyone believe we would be worse off with a State of Judea in historic Palestine?
(COMMENT)

I'm not even sure what it is possible for a state governed by Jewish religious laws (based on the Torah) is possible.

◈ What would it look like?
◈ How much different is it from a Jewish Autonomous Oblast (JOA)?
◈ Could such a State under Jewish Law even survive in the modern world?
❖ There are a thousand and one questions that have to be considered. That would include the desired end-outcome. And I'm not sure there is any agreement on that.​

I don't think we can raise an ancient State under the Torah Rule of Law (Halakha).

Most Respectfully,
R
I have high hopes and pipe dreams, it can be done. Even a secular and temporal State would be enough.

What are you talking about?
Nonsense, right out of his brain.

Dr. Einat Wilf - Thank You Lord Balfour, We'll Take it From Here.

You do realise you are posting to a dolt?

He's going to dodge the question.

I'm still awaiting your responses to questions from months ago when you went on 'vacation'... Funny that!

Oh lookie. Dodged the question as predicted.

Oh lookie... It still can't answer a question from several months ago because it got all butthurt then accuses! :asshole:
Repeat the question.

You know, I would if it weren't so long that Shusha had to run for cover because any response would destroy her own belief!

It went something along the lines of "Oh shit, wait, I gotta go outta town on vacation or some shit" - Strange then that she continued to post throughout her "outta town vacation" whilst ignoring the question!

He's going to dodge the question.

I'm still awaiting your responses to questions from months ago when you went on 'vacation'... Funny that!

Oh lookie. Dodged the question as predicted.

Oh lookie... It still can't answer a question from several months ago because it got all butthurt then accuses! :asshole:
Repeat the question.

You know, I would if it weren't so long that Shusha had to run for cover because any response would destroy her own belief!

It went something along the lines of "Oh shit, wait, I gotta go outta town on vacation or some shit" - Strange then that she continued to post throughout her "outta town vacation" whilst ignoring the question!
If you go back to page 50 on this thread, a page before or after, you will refresh your memory as to was so important to ask that you kept demanding an answer to it.

Take your time, but do return with the question you had in mind. Thanks.

There is absolutely no point in you coming back here only to avoid discussion and poke at me. You want to discuss, let's discuss.

Yes, I remember last spring you posed a question which would have required a long answer. Yes, I informed that I was going to Israel (for work, actually) as a courtesy to let you know I was not, in fact, deliberately ignoring your question. I did not take my computer with me and at the time had no idea what availability of internet access I would have nor how much free time I would have. Yes, I did make a few posts from my phone while I was in Israel, including one, as I recall, responding to your question.

I reiterate, I would be happy to answer your question, if you would refresh my memory. It is disingenuous to continue to claim that I don't answer questions when I am here repeatedly offering to answer any questions you have.

Meanwhile, you claimed that Israel started the war in 1948. Defend your claim.

There is absolutely no point in you coming back here only to avoid discussion and poke at me. You want to discuss, let's discuss.

Yes, I remember last spring you posed a question which would have required a long answer. Yes, I informed that I was going to Israel (for work, actually) as a courtesy to let you know I was not, in fact, deliberately ignoring your question. I did not take my computer with me and at the time had no idea what availability of internet access I would have nor how much free time I would have. Yes, I did make a few posts from my phone while I was in Israel, including one, as I recall, responding to your question.

I reiterate, I would be happy to answer your question, if you would refresh my memory. It is disingenuous to continue to claim that I don't answer questions when I am here repeatedly offering to answer any questions you have.

All during the Mandate period the Zionists spoke of colonizing Palestine and creating a Jewish state. However, when Britain planned on leaving Palestine only 1/3 of the population were Jews and they only owned about 7% of the land. They had to drive out the Palestinians and steal their land to create a Jewish state.

The war was not a matter of defense. It was a matter of necessity. No war, no Jewish state.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

"Population - The figures given for the distribution of the settled population in the two proposed States ... are approximated as follows:

Source: Division for Palestinian Rights (DPR)
ecblank.gif

III. THE AD HOC COMMITTEE ON PALESTINE
When the second session of the United Nations General Assembly convened in September 1947 it constituted itself as an Ad Hoc Committee to deal with the Palestine question while considering in its normal session the other items on its agenda.

✪ The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem: ✪
PART II
1947-1977
Population Figure.png

All during the Mandate period, the Zionists spoke of colonizing Palestine and creating a Jewish state. However, when Britain planned on leaving Palestine only 1/3 of the population were Jews and they only owned about 7% of the land. They had to drive out the Palestinians and steal their land to create a Jewish state.

The war was not a matter of defense. It was a matter of necessity. No war, no Jewish state.
(COMMENT)

The borders of the 1948 A/RES/181(II) Jewish State were arranged with no consideration of security; hence, the new state's frontiers were virtually indefensible.

The territorial was distributed:

◈ Jewish State ≈ 5,500 square miles population
≈ 538,000 Jews and
≈ 397,000 Arabs.​
◈ Arab State ≈ 4,500 square miles population of
≈ 804,000 Arabs
≈ 10,000 Jews.​

While it appears the Jews were allotted more total land, large portions were desert.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

"Population - The figures given for the distribution of the settled population in the two proposed States ... are approximated as follows:

ecblank.gif

When the second session of the United Nations General Assembly convened in September 1947 it constituted itself as an Ad Hoc Committee to deal with the Palestine question while considering in its normal session the other items on its agenda.

PART II
1947-1977

View attachment 232172

All during the Mandate period, the Zionists spoke of colonizing Palestine and creating a Jewish state. However, when Britain planned on leaving Palestine only 1/3 of the population were Jews and they only owned about 7% of the land. They had to drive out the Palestinians and steal their land to create a Jewish state.

(COMMENT)

The borders of the 1948 A/RES/181(II) Jewish State were arranged with no consideration of security; hence, the new state's frontiers were virtually indefensible.

≈ 538,000 Jews and
≈ 397,000 Arabs.​
≈ 804,000 Arabs
≈ 10,000 Jews.​

While it appears the Jews were allotted more total land, large portions were desert.

Most Respectfully,
R
Everything in my post is correct. Since Resolution 181 didn't happen your Arab state/Jewish state thing is irrelevant.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

ecblank.gif

PART II
1947-1977

View attachment 232172

(COMMENT)

≈ 538,000 Jews and
≈ 397,000 Arabs.​
≈ 804,000 Arabs
≈ 10,000 Jews.​

Most Respectfully,
R
Everything in my post is correct. Since Resolution 181 didn't happen your Arab state/Jewish state thing is irrelevant.

Wasn't 181 the first time an Arab state was mentioned?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

ecblank.gif

PART II
1947-1977

View attachment 232172

(COMMENT)

≈ 538,000 Jews and
≈ 397,000 Arabs.​
≈ 804,000 Arabs
≈ 10,000 Jews.​

Most Respectfully,
R

What's also incorrect is Your assumption that all land not owned by Jews must be private land owned by Arabs. That is patently a false premise.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

ecblank.gif

PART II
1947-1977

View attachment 232172

(COMMENT)

≈ 538,000 Jews and
≈ 397,000 Arabs.​
≈ 804,000 Arabs
≈ 10,000 Jews.​

Most Respectfully,
R

The Jewish State thing did happen. As usual, you’re not paying attention.

This is the place in the thread where you cut and paste your usual excuses / conspiracy theories to explain the failure / incompetence on the part of the Arabs-Moslems to build a state.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Just because YOU think it is irrelevant does not mean it is. The Controversies, Debates, and Consensus of the day were reflected in the outcome that came to be known as A/RES/181 (II).

The only reason it did not happen according to the plan is because the Arab League tried to enforce there will over the territory and jumped across their the international boundaries; and in an act of aggression and violation of their promise to the Charter to refrain from such action, they attempted to deny the Jewish People their attempt to establish the Jewish National Home (Israel).

(COMMENT)

The Arab League, every single one of them today, is much further behind along the line of Human Development than Israel, did nothing but afford them an opportunity to grab additional territory. While Israel remained in one piece, actually bigger than the original plan, the territory that would have constituted an Arab State for the Arab Palestinians was absorbed by the occupations of Aggressor Arab Nations. The Arabs are the cause of the unconstructed Arab State. They declined and rejected every single offer to establish the self-governing institution. THEN, using armed force, the Arabs scuttled the plan to create an Arab State.

The Arabs did it to themselves. Who knows what would have developed if Israel did not have to defend itself in the 1948 War of Independence.

For the Arab Palestinians, the Arab-Israeli Conflict, is very much like Hollywood "quicksand." It will pull on the Arab Palestinians until they disappear; destroying themselves.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

ecblank.gif

PART II
1947-1977

View attachment 232172

(COMMENT)

≈ 538,000 Jews and
≈ 397,000 Arabs.​
≈ 804,000 Arabs
≈ 10,000 Jews.​

Most Respectfully,
R

What's also incorrect is Your assumption that all land not owned by Jews must be private land owned by Arabs. That is patently a false premise.
Your assumption, not mine.

The only reason it did not happen according to the plan is because the Arab League tried to enforce there will over the territory and jumped across their the international boundaries; and in an act of aggression and violation of their promise to the Charter to refrain from such action, they attempted to deny the Jewish People their attempt to establish the Jewish National Home (Israel).
Of course that is Israeli bullshit.

The Arabs did it to themselves. Who knows what would have developed if Israel did not have to defend itself in the 1948 War of Independence.
The Arab armies entered Palestine because it was under attack by the Zionists.

The combined Arab armies crossed the frontier in furtherance of the Arab stated goal to drive the Jews into the sea by machine gun fire.

"Under attack by Zionists" meaning, of course, the Jewish people establishing their national homeland in, you know, their homeland.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

This type of propaganda is only an attempt to lay some kind of "self-defense" foundation and pull on the emotion of justification.

"Under attack by Zionists" meaning, of course, the Jewish people establishing their national homeland in, you know, their homeland.
(COMMENT)

Anyone that looks at the San Remo agreement, and the follow-on Mandate, knows that the Allied Powers came to an agreement to put into effect ※→ the Balfour Declaration, adopting the idea of the establishment of a Jewish National Home. The Allied Powers envisioned that through the development of self-governing institutions that would benefit the interests of the Jewish population in Palestine, and with all Jews who are willing to assist, a Jewish National Home could be established.

Palestine was NOT attacked by the Jews. Not at all. The Allied Powers set the British Administration to the task of facilitating Jewish immigration, in co-operation with the Jewish Agency. The Jews were originally invited to build a Jewish National Home...

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

This type of propaganda is only an attempt to lay some kind of "self-defense" foundation and pull on the emotion of justification.

(COMMENT)

Anyone that looks at the San Remo agreement, and the follow-on Mandate, knows that the Allied Powers came to an agreement to put into effect ※→ the Balfour Declaration, adopting the idea of the establishment of a Jewish National Home. The Allied Powers envisioned that through the development of self-governing institutions that would benefit the interests of the Jewish population in Palestine, and with all Jews who are willing to assist, a Jewish National Home could be established.

Palestine was NOT attacked by the Jews. Not at all. The Allied Powers set the British Administration to the task of facilitating Jewish immigration, in co-operation with the Jewish Agency. The Jews were originally invited to build a Jewish National Home...

Most Respectfully,
R
OK, but the Mandate flopped. No independent state of any kind was established as it was charged to do. Then Resolution 181 flopped and did not partition Palestine.

The Zionists had nothing so they rolled their terrorist gangs across Palestine attacking and expelling Palestinian civilians. About half of the refugees were created before any Arab army entered Palestine so the refugees were not a result of the war. It was a planned ethnic cleansing. Then Israel expropriated the land left behind by the refugees.

Forum List

Back