The Bad Rep US Military Inclusions Receive - Mostly unfounded!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Look all our military incursion are not sound and some are outright wrong (Philipines, Vietnam and many dips into Latin America for example), however, take a look at many of our adversaries and so are the most evil regime ever! Note: this is not a justification for them rather its a list of who we fought!

American Revolution: We found against the jingoist British who were not only persecuting us, but many people's across the world.

Civil War: Yes there were many underlining causes on this war and not the place to get into them here, but in the end this was brothers fighting brothers to end slavery (a highly immoral act)

Spanish American War: The Spanish were persecuting the Cubans, yes we intervened because we wanted to add Cuba to America, but it still stood up to them and freed Cuba

WWI - I will go on record to state that we didn't need to get into this war, but we still took the side against the Kaiser who were not the best also and the Ottoman Empire who were outright genocidial bastards!

WWII: Hitler, the Nazi, Mousini and Empiral Japan, need I say more.

North Korea: North Korean's Little Kim regime is one of the most oppressive and intolerant regimes ever. They don't care if they let all their citizens die from starvation. You can make a good convincing case we should have stayed out of that war, but you can't make a case that NK is one of the most brutal, ruthless and oppressive nation on earth.

The Cold War: The USSR was a evil empire, no way around it. Not all Russians or Soviets were evil, but definitely the leadership were evil and Stalin was as bad as Hitler. It was justified that we stood up to them.

Afghanistan: The Taliban was one of the most brutal regimes in history. We were right to confront them.

Iraq: Sadam was a egomanic and a genocidal heartless bastard. Going into Iraq a 2nd time was a bad idea, but you can't argue that Sadam wasn't pure evil.

Somolia: Another place were should have stayed out of, but the Islamic gangs in Somolia are just pure evil bastards.

See the left always wants to protray the US military in a bad light and preach their theories about the Military Industrial Complex, however, I sincerely believe the US has engaged on more just military incursion taking on and out some of the worst dictators and regimes in history!

Last edited:
American Revolution:

No such thing ever happened. America has never had a revolution.
Civil War:

one hell of a misnomer :lol: I support the right to succeed, but attacking a union fort was just plain stupid.
Spanish American War:

I do not recall enough abouthe matter to comment
A fine example of why alllioances are dangerous

We stayed out until we were attacked. They brought it on themselves
North Korea:

ui support prempitve strikes to disable their nuclear and launch facilities, should they fail to halt their activities immediately
The Cold War:

We didn't have to do anything about the totalitarian regimes who called themselves 'communists'; they would have fallen anyway.
Afghanistan:
(I'm assuming you're speaking of the most recent incursion)
There was no need to go in. Moral justifications aside, look where it's led

Playing world constable, lying about WMDs, and making up lies about hussein supporting bin, laden.. a very large part of why people hate us... I was against going in, byut now we have no option but to see this through and ensure that afree and friendly government is left strong and stable when we leave

why were we involved, again?

See the left always wants to protray the US military in a bad light and preach their theories about the Military Industrial Complex, however, I sincerely believe the US has engaged on more just military incursion taking on and out some of the worst dictators and regimes in history!

The US has also put tyrants in or kept place when it benefited American (economic) interests. See Cuba, Russia, or many Central American nations

American Revolution:

No such thing ever happened. America has never had a revolution.
Civil War:

one hell of a misnomer :lol: I support the right to succeed, but attacking a union fort was just plain stupid.

I do not recall enough abouthe matter to comment

A fine example of why alllioances are dangerous

We stayed out until we were attacked. They brought it on themselves

ui support prempitve strikes to disable their nuclear and launch facilities, should they fail to halt their activities immediately

We didn't have to do anything about the totalitarian regimes who called themselves 'communists'; they would have fallen anyway.

(I'm assuming you're speaking of the most recent incursion)
There was no need to go in. Moral justifications aside, look where it's led

Playing world constable, lying about WMDs, and making up lies about hussein supporting bin, laden.. a very large part of why people hate us... I was against going in, byut now we have no option but to see this through and ensure that afree and friendly government is left strong and stable when we leave

why were we involved, again?

The US has also put tyrants in or kept place when it benefited American (economic) interests. See Cuba, Russia, or many Central American nations

I am not talking about justification, because then I would say America could should have stated out of Spanish American War, WW I, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq (both times)!

I am talking about basically all our adverses were mostly the evil of the evil in history: British Empire, Spanish Empire, Ottoman Empire, Hitler and Mousini, Little Kim, Stalin and the USSR, the Taliban and Al Qaeda and Sadam!

Well, self-motivation often clashes with someone else's competing motivation... if you can dress something up in jingoistic language and wave a flag you just might keep the public from getting too uppity about what you're doing 'in their name'.

Check out some alternative view points of American history, might shift your perspective a bit.

Forum List

Back