The Axis Demonstration (Fan-Fic)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here is a perception-themed multi-perspective dimensioned short-story about humans grapping with the 'arrow of thought' (a whimsically cynical allegory of the 'arrow of time').

====

Come away, my friends, and follow me to a land of dreams and also the dark side. My name is Venger, and I am a perennial wizard living in the fantastic realm of Venus where volcanos and bats create a Dante-esque atmosphere. I've been studying your human race for quite some time now and am increasingly fascinated by your preoccupation with vigilantism and comic book adapted movies. Why are humans so paranoid about justice? I arrive on Earth with a special Think Tank message for your human scientists and philosophers to decode.

'The American comic book female super-villain Vertigo (Marvel Comics) has the power to alter mental focus by sending out disrupting psychic energy waves! What if, however, someone takes an instant photo of her while she is emanating her psychic waves and then presents her with a 'frozen image' of her 'mental field?' Could we not say to her that we have 'frozen imagination?'

Venger's note was received and interpreted by countless human scientists and thinkers. They realized Venger was incisive about his peculiar 'think-arrow inquiry': If we can 'capture an image' of 'thought-in-motion,' do photos reveal a 'skeptic's window' into the dark side? A humanist philosopher and comic book artist named Thomas Nast decided to challenge Venger's examination of human intelligence by suggesting that drawings of processing brains (if not pictures) reveal the 'intention to learn.'

I am very impressed with you human beings and the excellent philosophical deduction work by your cartoonist-philosopher Thomas Nast. If photos of Vertigo (a hypothetical simple thought model) are images of 'frozen will,' could we not consider drawings of Vertigo's might images of 'frozen angst'? This elegant 'solution' by Mr. Nast frees us from the perception 'prison-house' of perspective, since engravings or drawings are 'images of space-time' (albeit synthetic). I congratulate you on your ability to use intelligence to improve your intellectual fate; perhaps you will use that same intellect to manage Earth well.

NASA poured over the collected space radio signal transmission coming from somewhere right outside Earth's solar system. It seemed that a very higher-order intelligence had sent humanity a message which, when translated, read: 'Earth has discovered a "dark side" to the axis of perception, and we intend to educate humanity (by all means) to be Communist servants of the dark side.' Mankind was buckling up to prepare for a potential invasion, and Venger simply watched from a neutral place in the distance, wondering if these new alien visitors would expose human beings to the 'barbarity' of the dark side. Venger secretly offered up a logic prayer for humanity on Earth: 'If humans can rationalize, then they can fantasize!'

"What is the physical appearance of the 'dark side?'" Adam asked the alien scientist ambassador.

"It is a region filled with predatory mechanical (robotic) insectoid-humanoids, created by a super A.I. mind which has killed its unknown creator," replied the non-lenient alien scientist ambassador.

The war had begun.

====

codec-fantasia.jpg

Chakra

Mankind's peculiar fascination with linear thinking and related fields of study (e.g., solid-state physics, harmonics, etc.) helps us hoist special 'culture-figurative totems' such as the curved pirate sword and the circular chainsaw to the level of storytelling fantasy.

excalibur2.jpg

lancet2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back