The Ashton Carter Pool

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
So the tip is Ashton Carter will be named next SecDef. He's a good choice, with experience and from the little I know seems pretty competent.
The question is how long will he last with a White House that seeks to micromanage everyone to toe the line to their alternative view of reality.
Any guesses? I think a year at most.

I think, because he is a bureaucrat and policy professional, not our typical political nominee (hasn't served in elective office) with expertise in procurement and systems, that he's there to downgrade the military and follow orders and that's how Obama sees him.

He will last through the rest of Obama's term in office.

He'll last until he tells the Boy King that which he doesn't want to hear.

It won't take long.

They found a guy who will say Yes Mam to Valerie Jarret and Susan Rice

Ashton Carter defense secretary nominee - "the wheels on the bus go round and round..."

Dr. Ashton B. Carter is a Senior Partner of Global Technology Partners, LLC.

Rothschild Forms Strategic Alliance with Global Technology Partners -- re NEW YORK May 31 PRNewswire --

"Rothschild announced today the formation of a strategic alliance with Global Technology Partners, LLC, a specialized group of professionals, including former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Perry, who have extensive public and private sector experience in the technology, defense, and aerospace industries. Global Technology Partners combine CEO, senior management and board of director participation in both Fortune 500 and start-up ventures with high-level federal government experience."....

"Gerald Rosenfeld, Chief Executive Officer of Rothschild North America, said, "We believe the combination of Rothschild's global relationships and Global Technology Partner's access to and knowledge of the international defense and aerospace industry will create high level strategic advisory and investment opportunities."

So the tip is Ashton Carter will be named next SecDef. He's a good choice, with experience and from the little I know seems pretty competent.
The question is how long will he last with a White House that seeks to micromanage everyone to toe the line to their alternative view of reality.
Any guesses? I think a year at most.

He is number four Sec of Defense in 6 years. Obama has tied the record for most Sec of Def. Maybe he will go for a new record.

Forum List

Back