The Ancient Black Hebrews

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I remember as a kid my grandma told me the Hebrews were Black people. Not being particularly religious I didnt think much about it but always believed it. I've been researching this topic for a while now and it seems to be something so easily proven that I am astounded there is a controversy about it. The ancient Hebrews were obviously Black people. The evidence in the Torah/OT is pretty convincing.

Job 30:30 KJV: My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
"My skin is black upon me and my bones are burned with heat"

The only people that would suffer from this condition known as starvation induced hyper pigmentation enough to turn Black are dark skinned people such as this type VI person at the end of the Fitzpatrick Skin Type scale

fitzpatrick_skin_type.jpg

I remember as a kid my grandma told me the Hebrews were Black people. Not being particularly religious I didnt think much about it but always believed it. I've been researching this topic for a while now and it seems to be something so easily proven that I am astounded there is a controversy about it. The ancient Hebrews were obviously Black people. The evidence in the Torah/OT is pretty convincing.

The only people that would suffer from this condition known as starvation induced hyper pigmentation enough to turn Black are dark skinned people such as this type VI person at the end of the Fitzpatrick Skin Type scale

how was that idea expressed in Hebrew and what were the usages of the specific words in Hebrew at the time
they were written? -------try not to be so idiotic.

how was that idea expressed in Hebrew and what were the usages of the specific words in Hebrew at the time
Can you clarify your question? What do you think they meant by their "skin was Black upon" them?

Hot chick number VI is NOT suffering from much of anything. Let alone "starvation induced hyper pigmentation".

So why arent' you satisfied with several African tribes as practicing Jews and contending their roots go back to Abraham? Lots of books on this? If you're trying to make me uncomfortable --- you failed. I would be jazzed if my roots were further south than the Med..

Can you clarify your question? What do you think they meant by their "skin was Black upon" them?

the book of Job was not written in English. In the United States we refer to people who have brown skin as "BLACK
AMERICANS". What do we mean by it. I have light pink
skin------but in the United States people call me "white". Even Albinos are not actually white. Chinese people are called "yellow" I have never seen a naturally YELLOW person. I have seen people with hepatitis who seemed --sorta yellow

Hot chick number VI is NOT suffering from much of anything. Let alone "starvation induced hyper pigmentation".

So why arent' you satisfied with several African tribes as practicing Jews and contending their roots go back to Abraham? Lots of books on this? If you're trying to make me uncomfortable --- you failed. I would be jazzed if my roots were further south than the Med..
I didnt say she was suffering from anything. I said in order for someones skin to turn black it would have to be someone with the dark brown coloration of type VI.

What do you mean when you ask why am I not satisfied? Why should I be satisfied with less than the truth?

I had no idea you would reply to this thread so what made you think I was attempting to make you feel uncomfortable? Are you an Ashkenazi Jew?

Last edited:
I am sure the aristocracy of the Jews was of a lighter skin tone, since they did not toil in the sun...

you must be referring to the parts of the skin NORMALLY
exposed------to either view or sunlight

the book of Job was not written in English. In the United States we refer to people who have brown skin as "BLACK
skin------but in the United States people call me "white". Even Albinos are not actually white. Chinese people are called "yellow" I have never seen a naturally YELLOW person. I have seen people with hepatitis who seemed --sorta yellow
I agree. Thats why people translated the Torah. Black has always meant Black so I am still seeking clarification on what you need? They werent saying they were present day Black people as if they were in the US. They were describing a color.

I am sure the aristocracy of the Jews was of a lighter skin tone, since they did not toil in the sun...

Hebrews get a farmers tan?

I am a Hebrew-----played in the garden as a child-----and never got a tan------I got a RED-----sometimes tending toward VIOLET-------then I flaked

Why are you so obsessed with the tint of your skin and the tint of the skin of others? It doesn't define you...it doesn't make anyone better or "less than" because of skin pigmentation. You really seem to have a bug up your ass about this.

I am a Hebrew-----played in the garden as a child-----and never got a tan------I got a RED-----sometimes tending toward VIOLET-------then I flaked
Then you must be an albino or a non authentic Hebrew.

I agree. Thats why people translated the Torah. Black has always meant Black so I am still seeking clarification on what you need? They werent saying they were present day Black people as if they were in the US. They were describing a color.

how do you know?-----you do not even know what specific Hebrew word was used? -----there are actually a few different ways of describing "DARK COLORED SKIN---in Hebrew"

Hmmm, sounds like an Irish problem...

how do you know?-----you do not even know what specific Hebrew word was used? -----there are actually a few different ways of describing "DARK COLORED SKIN---in Hebrew"
I know because i can read. Do you have an alternative explanation as to why they said their skin was Black? I'd love to hear it along with the specific Hebrew words..

nope----authentic Hebrew. Authentic Hebrews even in ancient times had a range of skin colors---some were even
described as having hair the color of sand----blond----lots described as having reddish skin

I am sure the aristocracy of the Jews was of a lighter skin tone, since they diord not toil in the sun...

nope----authentic Hebrew. Authentic Hebrews even in ancient times had a range of skin colors---some were even
described as having hair the color of sand----blond----lots described as having reddish skin
Of course they had a range of colors. My point is that none of the colors are what we would associate with a european person unless they were albinos or born with genetic abnormalities like this child.

article-1387468-0C156FBA00000578-128_468x470.jpg

Forum List

Back