The Amish Mafia?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

So I stumbled on to The Amish Mafia last night, right at the beginning of the show, and I'm dead serious, there were five or six times I caught myself with mouth agape, thinking what the fuck is this?

So tell me, what the fuck is this?

Is it real? At all?

Only the real parts are real. The fake parts are fake.
Kinda like most "reality TV", I reckon?

Ya, the only way to get a grip or grasp on what is real and what is embellishment or "creative license" is to do your own research and investigating. Seems like a lot of work just for some entertainment, but such research and investigation often leads to interesting areas of discovery about cultures, religion, etc. Amish Mafia, no, Amish protectors that include Mennonite's and Brethren, yes.

I couldnt believe it either. But last week I got to read an advance vopy of a book by the guy from the show Levanon Levi. Nearly everything on the show is at the least based on real things from the Amish community. Crazy, sad, interesting and just real. I chevked alot of stuff and not a word was false. It was a great book. Its called Amish Confidential and I think everyone who has any interest in Amish people should read it.

Attachments

• 81DiEaki+iL._SL500_SY400_.jpg
    81DiEaki+iL._SL500_SY400_.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 163

So I stumbled on to The Amish Mafia last night, right at the beginning of the show, and I'm dead serious, there were five or six times I caught myself with mouth agape, thinking what the fuck is this?

Is it real? At all?

It is fake and absolute nonsense. Think of the station...remember Swallowed Alive? Discovery has nothing but fake reality shows. Just enough truth to make the weak minded want to believe.

Is it real? At all?

It is fake and absolute nonsense. Think of the station...remember Swallowed Alive? Discovery has nothing but fake reality shows. Just enough truth to make the weak minded want to believe.

I don't know what happened to the Discovery Channel. It is such a let down and a disappointment. :(

Is it real? At all?

I don't know what happened to the Discovery Channel. It is such a let down and a disappointment. :(
They found out how easy it is to get white redneck viewers looking for white culture when there is a President of a darker hue.

Have you ever seen a black person on Discovery? Oh, wait, the black Amish guy that they portray as a villain.

Is it real? At all?

Use to love the discovery channel. Cant stand reality TV so they're pretty much a no watch channel nowadays.
If reality TV were real it might be interesting...but it would most likely be illegal.

Is it real? At all?

Use to love the discovery channel. Cant stand reality TV so they're pretty much a no watch channel nowadays.
If reality TV were real it might be interesting...but it would most likely be illegal.
Yeah...what about the one about some small Alaska town that hates outsiders and electricity...so they invited in a Discovery film crew. Who the fuck are they kidding?

Is it real? At all?

Yeah...what about the one about some small Alaska town that hates outsiders and electricity...so they invited in a Discovery film crew. Who the fuck are they kidding?

I was channel surfing the other day and ran across Street Outlaws.
Supposed to be about illegal drag racing,but when the cops show up they dont question all the cameras. Yeeeah oookay....
The cars are bad ass but the rest of the show sucks.

Is it real? At all?

A really good reality show is The First 48. I think it's on A&E. I actually haven't watched it in some time, but if you like to watch how they go about solving a crime, it is fascinating. :) That and Cops and some of the survivor type reality shows are the only ones I will watch.

Is it real? At all?

Hmm. Not familiar with that one.

Is it real? At all?

They found out how easy it is to get white redneck viewers looking for white culture when there is a President of a darker hue.

Have you ever seen a black person on Discovery? Oh, wait, the black Amish guy that they portray as a villain.

Lol. I don't know about all that. It's just a crappy show and Discovery is now just another crappy channel. Sad really. I remember when they had some good and interesting programs on at one time.

Is it real? At all?

I was channel surfing the other day and ran across Street Outlaws.
Supposed to be about illegal drag racing,but when the cops show up they dont question all the cameras. Yeeeah oookay....
The cars are bad ass but the rest of the show sucks.

I've never seen that one either. I don't really like the the pawn shop shows. I remember a few years back, there were a whole bunch of repo shows too. Terrible.

Is it real? At all?

Lol. I don't know about all that. It's just a crappy show and Discovery is now just another crappy channel. Sad really. I remember when they had some good and interesting programs on at one time.
Yep, they have gone the way of the History Channel.

Is it real? At all?

A really good reality show is The First 48. I think it's on A&E. I actually haven't watched it in some time, but if you like to watch how they go about solving a crime, it is fascinating. :) That and Cops and some of the survivor type reality shows are the only ones I will watch.

That one isnt to bad. At least they aren't trying to sell as something it isnt.
The only kind of survival show I'd want to watch would be dumping a bunch a people on an island with maybe a pocket knife and a fire starter and see who comes out under their own power.
Cant stand those two clowns who act like every animal they run across is going to kill em. I have never seen someone so afraid of an alligator or cotton mouth and anyone who grew up around that type thing is laughing their ass off at em.

Forum List

Back