The American Dream is Dead

Millions of people in America are working hard simply to survive. All to the point that there's no room to invest in their future. And society doesn't help them get out of that trap. The American Dream is dead.

Anyone here who agrees?

So you came here to promote your utube channel taking advantage of our capitalist system to make money. While I admire your get up and go, your blather is nothing but amusing.

The average poor in the US have a better standard of living than most European countries, more sqft in their home, heat and AC, own cars, cable TV and I could go on and on. Here you can go anywhere your talent and ambition can take you, unfortunately we make so many comfortable in their condition they lack the ambition to move up, all the while wanting to be given more. There's a four letter word for getting more, it's called WORK.

The A--murkin dream is about predatory capitalism and finding people dumb enough to buy into your bullshit. Bill Gates is the master of it.

Naw....all the dumb people go for Communism...Just look at the alt-left. Buncha knuckle-dragging thugs.
Communism is great !!!

The military where everyone is the same, everyone has healthcare, everyone gets paid according to rank....And everyone is equally miserable...Just like Communism

I got out of prison in 88/89. I now have a thriving remodeling business. From the bottom to the proverbial top.

If you are floundering in life, look in the mirror for the solution.
I have worked for some bad employers but now I realize that was my fault. Nothing wrong with taking a job that you end up not liking but it was my fault for not finding another job while I had a job. So I found myself unemployed and it's a lot harder to find a job when you're unemployed.

There's a lot of people making good money. Maybe they're better interviewers, better resume, know someone, took school more serious, went to a better school.

The problem is if everyone tries to get a better job who's gonna do the dirty jobs?

Rather than hire illegals these jobs should pay better. I hope it works this way.

I have worked for some bad employers but now I realize that was my fault. Nothing wrong with taking a job that you end up not liking but it was my fault for not finding another job while I had a job. So I found myself unemployed and it's a lot harder to find a job when you're unemployed.

There's a lot of people making good money. Maybe they're better interviewers, better resume, know someone, took school more serious, went to a better school.

The problem is if everyone tries to get a better job who's gonna do the dirty jobs?

Rather than hire illegals these jobs should pay better. I hope it works this way.

You kind of answered your own question here. First, if we eliminate the illegal immigrant factor, wages for those jobs in particular will rise. And with your other argument, the less people you have who are willing to do the shit jobs, the more the shit jobs pay because there is a demand. I can remember when being an LPN was a shit job. You mostly emptied bed pans and did things the RN didn't want to do. But most people who go into nursing want to be an RN, so there is a shortage of people willing to be LPNs and today, it's a decent paying job.

Raising the MW is a stupid idea to help the unskilled worker. It actually hurts them because it prices them out of the market. We can see the effects of this from the very first minimum wage law, the Davis-Bacon Act. It was implemented to ensure government contract labor would be paid at prevailing union rates back in 1931. It marks the last time in history where black unemployment was lower than white unemployment.

We can follow this through to 2015 when Seattle raised MW to $15 and a recent study finds it actually cost the average working class family $121 a month. So it doesn't help anyone to increase the MW, it actually hurts the people who are unskilled and those at the very bottom rungs of employment because they are priced out of the market.

Of course there will always be exceptions. But in general, the society doesn't allow people's hard work to lead to success. Watch the video and hear all the arguments! :)
The only one who doesn't "allow" you to succeed, is "You."

Someone in particular holding you back?

Taking what you own?

Stopping you from succeeding?

Society is the rest of us.

Are we holding you up?

I got out of prison in 88/89. I now have a thriving remodeling business. From the bottom to the proverbial top.

They just rebuilt the McDonalds in my little town, they installed 4 kiosk to take orders, the young kids that don't understand they are replacing people just love them. They are eliminating the possibility for a first job and don't even realize it.

They just rebuilt the McDonalds in my little town, they installed 4 kiosk to take orders, the young kids that don't understand they are replacing people just love them. They are eliminating the possibility for a first job and don't even realize it.

The local quick mart did the same thing. They renovated the store, and the burger grill in the back had the cashiers replaced by kiosks. Reduced the number of employees from 4 people, to 1. You punch in the order, and one cook grills up the burgers, and dumps them on the counter with a ticket number. That's it.

Grampa Murked U, we are all friends here. Did you kill a man?

Dream? There never was such a thing....I never was ignorant enough to believe there was an America so called dream. Truth be told country comes way far behind his and family....like light years behind.

Maybe thats because you spent the money you made instead of investing it and taking chances.

The American dream doesn't come knocking on your door, nor does your employer provide you with the American dream.

The American dream comes to those who use their money to make more money. It may require a good income, but it mostly requires sacrifices.

Sacrifices include not getting that newest I-phone. Sacrifices include not getting the premium cable or satellite plan. Sacrifices includes buying a home or renting well below your means. Sacrifices includes using a landline phone and having a cell phone with no internet and for emergency use only. Sacrifices include buying a car and driving it until it drops instead of leasing where you get a new car ever couple of years. Sacrifices includes not having children, or at the very least, not having children until you are somewhat financially successful. Sacrifices includes not taking a vacation, or at the most, take your vacation at home.

If you make sacrifices, you can find the American dream. Foreigners come here all the time and find the American dream that many natives don't find because they are not willing to sacrifice or take financial risks.

Last edited:
I still don't understand that claim. So many companies were against net neutrality. It still passed.

Not really. Net Neutrality was instituted by a bureaucracy and not passed by Congress. That's because it probably would have never passed in Congress.

Bureaucracies are one of the biggest threats to our liberty. That's because they do the dirty work politicians don't want to do and never being held accountable.

The local quick mart did the same thing. They renovated the store, and the burger grill in the back had the cashiers replaced by kiosks. Reduced the number of employees from 4 people, to 1. You punch in the order, and one cook grills up the burgers, and dumps them on the counter with a ticket number. That's it.

The McDonalds hasn't eliminated their cashiers but I'm sure they won't schedule as many for peak times.

Millions of people in America are working hard simply to survive. All to the point that there's no room to invest in their future. And society doesn't help them get out of that trap. The American Dream is dead.

Anyone here who agrees?

So you came here to promote your utube channel taking advantage of our capitalist system to make money. While I admire your get up and go, your blather is nothing but amusing.

The average poor in the US have a better standard of living than most European countries, more sqft in their home, heat and AC, own cars, cable TV and I could go on and on. Here you can go anywhere your talent and ambition can take you, unfortunately we make so many comfortable in their condition they lack the ambition to move up, all the while wanting to be given more. There's a four letter word for getting more, it's called WORK.

About 15% of Americans go to bed hungry each night. I guess it's by their own choice according to a knownothing like you.

Anyone here who agrees?

About 15% of Americans go to bed hungry each night. I guess it's by their own choice according to a knownothing like you.

No, that's not true. Just flat out, you are wrong.

Anyone here who agrees?

:link::link::link:

Anyone here who agrees?

Well dickweed it is their choice, there are too many social programs, food banks and private charities across this country for it not to be. Don't blame society because crackhead parents sell their snap benefits to buy drugs and cigarettes instead of feeding themselves and their kids. I had a contractor working for me that refused to work weekends because it interfered with his drinking.

But as an example, I walked into a Whataburger tonight and realized I had forgotten my wallet, they were due to close in 35 minutes and I couldn't get back in time. They gave me anything I wanted with no expectation of payment. I had them write my name on the receipt and I will go back a pay them tomorrow.

So talk all the shit you want, I know better.

Of course here in the USA you can make a lot of money exploiting the hard work of others. But are your workers families thriving? Do your workers have retirement security? When their joints give out from all the hard construction work they do for you, you fire them. Who gives a shit after that right.

What blows my mind is, literally we have more social programs than ever before. People can get more handouts from government today, than at any time in the history of the US.

In fact, depending on how you calculate the numbers, you can get more stuff from our government, than anywhere else in the world.

Yet, here the whiny cry baby left is again.... saying the American dream is dead.

We have millions of people sitting on their butts, collecting government handouts, and crying the American dream is dead? How ungrateful. We should end all social programs, and show them what it's like to collect only what you earn.

Anyone here who agrees?

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back