The adults are back in charge of the US

Soylent Green?

When africa reaches its expected 4 BBN population in a few decades - who cannot even come close to feeding itself with a quarter of that number today - that film will look like a sunday picnic. I prefer pro-active solutions, not waiting until 5 MM africans a day are on the oceans in wooden dinghys trying to get into Europe.
. That won't happen... The Hutu's or the Tutu's will just hatchet them all up.

Give me an example of what you are talking about... like what kind of protections and how you would "dry up the avenues"
. Make it where the take isn't so large that it becomes a destabling force if used by the wrong sorts of individuals who could give a crap less about how their actions could actually work to destablize an entire nation along with it's government. These things could easily happen by way of their mishandling their wealth in ways that hurt the nation instead of help it. Isn't there such a thing as anti-monopoly laws in the nation for one example, and this in order to keep balance and perspective ??
So you'd like to limit the amount of income a person or company can make? Like all profits exceeding X amount goes back to the government? Or are you thinking exponentially raise the tax rates on the richest of the rich?
. Limit in the form of the actual interest a person is allowed to control maybe. Take corporate farmers for example, where as I don't think it wise that we have say 2 huge corporate farms instead of say 6 smaller farmers within so many acres. Having 6 individual farmers who are loyal patriots is always better than having 2 that make easier targets for someone to control. Once controlled, then so much of the nations food can be controlled, and putting this kind of power & set up into action, and doing it on a huge scale is just crazy. Empowering more Americans is the key to security and safety.
Apply your theory to Gates and Microsoft. At what point would you have the government limit his growth? And how would you like to see them do it?
. Maybe not limit his growth, but maybe introduce legislation that suggest that if a certain percentage of American wealth is being invested into Microsoft products and services, then a certain percentage of that wealth must be used, re-invested or recirculated in America. We need to get a healthy balance, and stop the bleeding of our wealth by those who in turn exhibit no loyalties or patriotism to this nation, but only that they just plunder the nations wealth and resources for their own exceeding gains while living in safety here. Not sure if the problem of off shoring wealth is a huge problem for this nation, but if it is, then it needs to have some sort of ethics applied to it all in which helps people to understand the damage that can be caused by it all.
I can agree that working in the problem of wealth inequality is very important in this country. But a higher tax rate on the uber wealthy is the only way I can see doing it. Having the government control finances like you suggest seems like it can lead to many problems.

Also, what of foriegn investors spending money in America? Look at how much of our economy relies on exports and foreign investment. If we are going to limit our Americans ability to spend abroad then wouldn't we have to expect the same limitations in return?

. Make it where the take isn't so large that it becomes a destabling force if used by the wrong sorts of individuals who could give a crap less about how their actions could actually work to destablize an entire nation along with it's government. These things could easily happen by way of their mishandling their wealth in ways that hurt the nation instead of help it. Isn't there such a thing as anti-monopoly laws in the nation for one example, and this in order to keep balance and perspective ??
So you'd like to limit the amount of income a person or company can make? Like all profits exceeding X amount goes back to the government? Or are you thinking exponentially raise the tax rates on the richest of the rich?
. Limit in the form of the actual interest a person is allowed to control maybe. Take corporate farmers for example, where as I don't think it wise that we have say 2 huge corporate farms instead of say 6 smaller farmers within so many acres. Having 6 individual farmers who are loyal patriots is always better than having 2 that make easier targets for someone to control. Once controlled, then so much of the nations food can be controlled, and putting this kind of power & set up into action, and doing it on a huge scale is just crazy. Empowering more Americans is the key to security and safety.
Apply your theory to Gates and Microsoft. At what point would you have the government limit his growth? And how would you like to see them do it?
. Maybe not limit his growth, but maybe introduce legislation that suggest that if a certain percentage of American wealth is being invested into Microsoft products and services, then a certain percentage of that wealth must be used, re-invested or recirculated in America. We need to get a healthy balance, and stop the bleeding of our wealth by those who in turn exhibit no loyalties or patriotism to this nation, but only that they just plunder the nations wealth and resources for their own exceeding gains while living in safety here. Not sure if the problem of off shoring wealth is a huge problem for this nation, but if it is, then it needs to have some sort of ethics applied to it all in which helps people to understand the damage that can be caused by it all.
I can agree that working in the problem of wealth inequality is very important in this country. But a higher tax rate on the uber wealthy is the only way I can see doing it. Having the government control finances like you suggest seems like it can lead to many problems.

Also, what of foriegn investors spending money in America? Look at how much of our economy relies on exports and foreign investment. If we are going to limit our Americans ability to spend abroad then wouldn't we have to expect the same limitations in return?
. Americans should be working in the best interest of this country, and not constantly weakening and undermining it. We can't worry about what foriegners do or won't do, but that we worry more about what our own are doing to us. Are Gates and Buffet investing outside the nation or hiding their money outside of the nation in tax havens ???

. Americans should be working in the best interest of this country, and not constantly weakening and undermining it. We can't worry about what foriegners do or won't do, but that we worry more about what our own are doing to us. Are Gates and Buffet investing outside the nation or hiding their money outside of the nation in tax havens ???
I think if you really look into those guys you will see that they've done an incredible amount of good for this country.
The tax haven situation is definitely something that needs to be stopped

I think if you really look into those guys you will see that they've done an incredible amount of good for this country.
. Will do..

. Will do..
Thanks for sharing your ideas... good talk!

Why keep your wealth in the US where its taxed to shit by moochers who feel entitled to a share of it? You have to understand, once you acquire wealth your biggest challenge is holding on to it vs having it confiscated by government which just pisses it away on stupid shit and corruption.

I could get behind higher taxes if I saw my money doing some good, but instead my money just ends up in the pockets of politicians and their pals, POOF gone sucked up by government corruption.

theo4.jpg

Why keep your wealth in the US where its taxed to shit by moochers who feel entitled to a share of it? You have to understand, once you acquire wealth your biggest challenge is holding on to it vs having it confiscated by government which just pisses it away on stupid shit and corruption.

I could get behind higher taxes if I saw my money doing some good, but instead my money just ends up in the pockets of politicians and their pals, POOF gone sucked up by government corruption.
. Yes this stuff has to be fixed, but we must not forget the balance we must keep in it all as well.

Forum List

Back