The 9 Stages Of A Trump Statement

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
We deal with a lot of tough things in life ― grief and various addictions, among other things ― in stages. The same is true when Donald Trump makes one of his patented inflammatory, fantastical or threatening statements.

After one of these remarks, the bilious billionaire, his aides and the Republican Party run through a series of syntactical and spin-doctoring steps in a Houdini-like effort to escape the submerged steamer trunk into which he had locked himself (and them).

At the end of the process, most fair-minded observers conclude that Trump never really escapes, and that he is running out of oxygen somewhere in the deep waters off the coast of American politics.

But not Trump! With powers of self-delusion far beyond those of mortal men and strategy from his own The Art of the Deal, he views his utterances as merely the opening bid in a never-ending negotiation over meaning. And the meaning is what he says it is, or isn’t, or may be, or what you want to hear, or don’t to hear.

And for The Donald, any publicity is good publicity, and any accusation ― no matter how outrageous or phony ― sticks.

You’d think that this method ― the destruction of the meaning of meaning ― could not work. Americans are sensible, clear-eyed people, right? Surely they see his rhetoric for what it is: a verbal three-card Monte game in hell.

So it won’t work, right? Right?

dt1.jpg

1 MAKE AN OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT
“You’re getting screwed! Folks, the American people are getting screwed and our leaders in Washington are doing nothing. I am going to shoot the bunny. Bigly.”

mp1.jpg

2 SURROGATES DENY THAT HE SAID IT, OFFER LAME REINTERPRETATIONS
“In a statement, vice presidential candidate Mike Pence clarified, ‘What Mr. Trump is simply saying is that in this election, we need people who are passionate about the bunny dying to stand up and make their voices heard.’”

pr1.jpg

3 REPUBLICAN LEADERS DENOUNCE STATEMENT, FURTHER 'DISTANCE' THEMSELVES
“A harried Paul Ryan mostly sidestepped the issue with reporters on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, saying, ‘The important thing is that we are working to enact our agenda for the American people,’ adding, ‘The simple fact is that the bunny would be much worse off with Clinton as president.’”

twitter1.jpg

4 BLAME MEDIA FOR REPORTING IT
Tweet from @realdonaldtrump: “Lying media won’t tell the truth about what I said about the bunny. No trust!”

sh1.jpg

5 ADMIT SAYING IT (TO SEAN HANNITY)
“Sean, I’ve been saying this all along. We don’t win anymore. I’ll shoot that bunny and it will be tremendous.”

hh1.jpg

6 HUGH HEWITT TRIES TO LAUNDER THE REMARK
“Look, I understand what you meant when you said you would shoot the bunny. What you mean is--” “In the face, Hugh, I’m gonna shoot the bunny right in the face.”

medt.jpg

7 SAY IT'S A JOKE
“Come on. Shoot a bunny? Come on.”

polldt.jpg

8 ULTIMATELY CLAIM IT WILL HELP HIM IN THE POLLS
“People are talking about me shooting the bunny, Wolf. Really, this has been very good for me.”

finaldt.jpg

9 REPEAT
“Folks, the bunny must die!”

The 9 Stages Of A Trump Statement

Funny stuff - but very analogous to Trump's deranged/psychotic/unhinged thought process.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back