The 800 MILLION pound Gorilla in the Letita James debacle

I'm certainly no expert on "high finance" so I really can't argue with you on that.

I am however an expert on type A personalities and she is one for sure.
Likewise....certainly not a high finance expert. I did spend about two years reading everting I could get my hands on about the 2008 money correction. It was triggered by a cascading accrual of worthless assets that were continuously upsold to mask their worthless ess. This was all based on false value. They're still doing itvtoday. Not hard to understand once it is pointed out.
You do realize that he's already been convicted here, right? This is just about the damages, the fines, that kinda thing.
Yes.....thanks though.....

And Trump or who we you tried to prosecute on something like this will just say they thought the real estate was worth x # of dollars. The only reason Trump’s valuation of Mara Lago seems so high is because the judge’s valuation is ridiculously low. Is Trump charged with perjury anyway?

Perjury no,

but he has already lost the case as he has already been found liable for fraud. They just currently have only to determine how much he will be fined.

Trump will probably appeal

Perjury no,

but he has already lost the case as he has already been found liable for fraud. They just currently have only to determine how much he will be fined.

Trump will probably appeal
Which I would guess will get overturn on appeal. The judges valuation of his property was ludicrous.

And Trump or who we you tried to prosecute on something like this will just say they thought the real estate was worth x # of dollars. The only reason Trump’s valuation of Mara Lago seems so high is because the judge’s valuation is ridiculously low. Is Trump charged with perjury anyway?

It's not just the value of Mar-a-Lago that's the problem. (which isn't very valuable because it can't be legally developed, therefore has no resale value.)

It's things like claiming his 10,000 SF Penthouse was 30,000 SF.

It was claiming $100MM in rental revenue potential for Trump Tower when the operating capital was only $7MM.

These aren't differences of opinion, they are outright fraud, and internal Trump Org memos show that they knew it was fraud.

Trump Loses Last Ditch Appeals Court Bid To Delay E. Jean Carroll Rape Defamation Civil Trial.

A New York federal appeals court on Wednesday rejected a last-ditch effort by Donald Trump to delay his upcoming civil trial for defaming E. Jean Carroll after the writer accused the former president of raping her decades ago.

Unless the U.S. Supreme Court accepts Trump’s appeal, he is expected to begin trial in the case on Jan. 16 in Manhattan federal district court solely on the question of how much to pay Carroll in monetary damages. The judge in the case, Lewis Kaplan, previously ruled that Trump’s statements in 2019 were defamatory.

Kaplan ruled last year that Trump did not have presidential immunity from Carroll’s suit despite serving in the White House at the time that he alleged she had concocted her rape claim when she went public with it in 2019.

It's not just the value of Mar-a-Lago that's the problem. (which isn't very valuable because it can't be legally developed, therefore has no resale value.)
That's fucking stupid. It's 17 acres of prime waterfront property. Do you really think Florida would allow development of it? Of course they would the revenue from the permitting, and taxes would be crazy. Trump just got a tax break from Florida years ago so long as he didnt develop it.

It was claiming $100MM in rental revenue potential for Trump Tower when the operating capital was only $7MM.
These aren't differences of opinion, they are outright fraud, and internal Trump Org memos show that they knew it was fraud.

All of which was going on for how long and no one cared.... Until now, Wonder what changed.

I didn't know that. Wow, that is clear evidence of fraud.

That's fucking stupid. It's 17 acres of prime waterfront property. Do you really think Florida would allow development of it? Of course they would the revenue from the permitting, and taxes would be crazy. Trump just got a tax break from Florida years ago so long as he didnt develop it.

All of which was going on for how long and no one cared.... Until now, Wonder what changed.
"I've been committing crimes this entire time and no one has cared until now" isn't much of a legal defense.

Trump did get a tax break early on but within 10 years he realized the business potential of this property. Place to live and make money. Much like Trump towers.

Well it was a residential property. He added the resort and golf course about 10 years later. I believe there is a golf course also for its members.

So it was developed years ago and he did make big money by converting it from a home to a home and business property. He is making big time money from this property. Which probably dwarfs any tax break.

When he was president he would fly to his property and bring along his entourage and charge the government.

Last edited:
Trump did get a tax break early on but within 10 years he realized the business potential of this property. Place to live and make money. Much like Trump towers.

Well it was a residential property. He added the resort and golf course about 10 years later. I believe there is a golf course also for its members.

So it was developed years ago and he did make big money by converting it from a home to a home and business property. He is making big time money from this property. Which probably dwarfs any tax break.

When he was president he would fly to his property and bring along his entourage and charge the government.
He's saying if sold it couldnt be broken up and made into multiple estates or converted to just a residence. Which is just patently untrue.

He would charge the Secret Service for the rooms they used. He made money....lots of money.

Except because he got that tax break, it can't be developed. He got it zones as "Large residential". This is why the tax appraiser valued it at between 18 and 27 million.

Siding with New York’s attorney general in a lawsuit accusing Trump of grossly overvaluing his assets, Judge Arthur Engoron found that Trump consistently exaggerated Mar-a-Lago’s worth. He noted that one Trump estimate of the club’s value was 2,300% times the Palm Beach County tax appraiser’s valuations, which ranged from $18 million to $37 million.

It also has significance as a historical site, which also limits what can be done with it. (Not that hasn't stopped Trump from making it into a gaudy Persian Palace). Trump has also pulled cute stunts like burying his dead ex-wife there to give it a tax break for being a cemetery. This would further limit what a future buyer can do with the property. We've all seen Poltergeist!

Again, everyone does it is not a legal defense. That Trump got away with something for a long time, doesn't mean he wasn't breaking the law.

It would require a zoning change to do so. I doubt many developers would be keen on going ahead and fighting over the historical site and the graveyard and the zoning change.
LOL? Why? That shit happens all the time. It's some paperwork their lawyers draw up and send to the state/municipality. Do you know how much land in SW Florida was "protected wetlands" right up until it wasnt and then they let them develop it? Thousands of acres. Getting that property rezoned wouldnt take 15 mins of work. There's money to be made by everyone on that deal and they arent going to pass up the opportunity to make it. The State would probably make the most money over the long run which is why they would jump at the chance to do it. At the current state valuation (due to the zoning) the state gets about 180k in property taxes. If its rezoned and developed, and the combined value of the estates built there is say 750 million, which wouldn't be a stretch they get 7.5 million a year. Why wouldnt they do that?

Except because he got that tax break, it can't be developed. He got it zones as "Large residential". This is why the tax appraiser valued it at between 18 and 27 million.

Siding with New York’s attorney general in a lawsuit accusing Trump of grossly overvaluing his assets, Judge Arthur Engoron found that Trump consistently exaggerated Mar-a-Lago’s worth. He noted that one Trump estimate of the club’s value was 2,300% times the Palm Beach County tax appraiser’s valuations, which ranged from $18 million to $37 million.

It also has significance as a historical site, which also limits what can be done with it. (Not that hasn't stopped Trump from making it into a gaudy Persian Palace). Trump has also pulled cute stunts like burying his dead ex-wife there to give it a tax break for being a cemetery. This would further limit what a future buyer can do with the property. We've all seen Poltergeist!

Again, everyone does it is not a legal defense. That Trump got away with something for a long time, doesn't mean he wasn't breaking the law.
That doesn't mean it's actual value on the open market is that low you fuck tard. Did Trump overvalue it some? Sure, but he didn't value an 18 million dollar property at 1 billion, its closer to a 750million-800million dollar property. That's a huge difference and one that happens routinely in that business. If this were anyone other than Trump there wouldn't be a court case. And everyone knows it. Even you.

LOL? Why? That shit happens all the time. It's some paperwork their lawyers draw up and send to the state/municipality. Do you know how much land in SW Florida was "protected wetlands" right up until it wasnt and then they let them develop it? Thousands of acres. Getting that property rezoned wouldnt take 15 mins of work.
Minutes of works, years of litigation.

I just went through a condo deconversion. Even though 77% of the owners voted for it, we had nearly two years of litigation before the sale finally went through. I imagine that everyone and his brother will sue over Mar-a-Lago.

That doesn't mean it's actual value on the open market is that low you fuck tard. Did Trump overvalue it some? Sure, but he didn't value an 18 million dollar property at 1 billion, its closer to a 750million-800million dollar property. That's a huge difference and one that happens routinely in that business. If this were anyone other than Trump there wouldn't be a court case. And everyone knows it. Even you.

Point was he lied on official documents, and that's a crime. Just like Hunter saying he wasn't on drugs when he bought a gun was a crime.

Everybody does it isn't a legal defense.

Minutes of works, years of litigation.

I just went through a condo deconversion. Even though 77% of the owners voted for it, we had nearly two years of litigation before the sale finally went through. I imagine that everyone and his brother will sue over Mar-a-Lago.
Who's going to sue? Seriously. The people in West Palm? Why? That doesnt change the valuation of the property.
Point was he lied on official documents, and that's a crime. Just like Hunter saying he wasn't on drugs when he bought a gun was a crime.

Everybody does it isn't a legal defense.

Hackity hack hack hack. Trump bought that property decades ago and has been valuating this way for decades. Again if Trump had stayed out of politics he wouldnt be dealing with this lawsuit. And that's my issue.

Who's going to sue? Seriously. The people in West Palm? Why? That doesnt change the valuation of the property.

Environmental groups, historical societies, other property owners who might be effected.

Heck, another case from real life... I used to live in a town in DuPage. A rehab organization wanted to buy an unused hotel to create a rehab facility. They needed a slight change in the zoning law to do it. Pretty much the entire town mobilized against it. The County, State and Federal government are all suing to make the deal go through. This has been hanging out there for three years now.

Forum List

Back