The 72 virgins?

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
I'd like a few muslims to explain this to me.

post what kind of muslim you are
what the virgins are
why so many
where they come from
what you do with them
Is there a chance it was supposed to be 72 rivers?

etc, etc

Thank you for your time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xwPVgRaROA&feature=related]Billy Connolly - A laugh at Islam - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the reference for the 72 virgins. It comes from a little known hadith and is not in the quran.

Hadith number 2,562 in the collection known as the Sunan al-Tirmidhi says, "The least [reward] for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby."

And here are the citations from the Koran:

Qur'an

The houri are mentioned in several places in the Qur’an, although in plural no specifics are given as to the number of houries available. Likewise it does not appear from the Qur’an that only girls should be available; both sexes are mentioned (although their descriptive qualities are feminine, as alluded to, by the Hadiths). They are made available to all Muslims, not just martyrs.

"Thus shall it be. And We shall pair [zawajnahoom: pair them, marry them. Note zawj (lit., “a pair” or - according to the context - “one of a pair”) applies to either of the two sexes,a man to a woman and a woman to a man, as does the transitive verb zawaja, “he paired” or “joined”, i.e., one person with another][28]them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye."[Chapter (Surah) Ad-Dukhan (The Smoke)(44):54][29]

"In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze [qasirat at-tarf: Lit., “such as restrain their gaze”, i.e., are of modest bearing and have eyes only for their mates (Tafsir Razi). This phrase applies to both genders.[4]], whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then." [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent(55):56][30]

"[There the blest will live with their] companions pure and modest, in pavilions [splendid] [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent)(55):72][31]

"reclining on couches [of happiness] ranged in rows!” And [in that paradise] We shall mate them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye [Chapter (Surah) At-Tur (The Mount)(52):20][32]

Debunking the ‘Suicide for 72 Virgins’ Myth

When we look at the highest authority in Islam, the Quran, we find nothing in it endorsing rewards for suicide. Instead we find the strongest condemnation with severe punishments for those who commit suicide. When we look at Hadiths, which after the Quran is second in authority in Islam, we find nothing in the authentic Bukhari and Muslim Hadiths endorsing suicide. Instead we find strong condemnation for it.

Muslims know that the description of paradise or heaven in Hadiths and Quran is allegorical. If not, then Allah would have allowed us to take our bodies with us when we die.

Debunking the ‘Suicide for 72 Virgins’ Myth « The Ugly Truth

I'd like a few muslims to explain this to me...

here's good article about allah's whorehouse from an ex-mooselimb, is that good enough ? plenty of koran references

note there is a difference between comitting suicide because a person is despondent, which is what the misleading taqiyya drivel from sunni is about, and getting killed for allah, however it happens, because jihad is islams highest honor...

http://www.islam-watch.org/authors/...nal-abode-paradise-or-allahs-whore-house.html

To get his followers fight in suicidal raids and wars, Muhammad created an image of Islamic paradise, where Muslims will find unlimited access to every earthly desires, greed, pleasures and wealth that man may wish to have or experience in this life. Sexuality, perverse sexuality---including group-sex with numerous eternal virgins and sodomy with pearl-like boys---for men (not for women) are among the staples in Allah's paradise. Muhammad knew what would work best to inspire young men fight deadly wars and used that tool to his advantage...

For Muslims, the temptations offered in the Islamic Paradise are really too good to the extent that they would die for it. It is a powerful motivational factor, driving the cause of the Islamic Jihads the world over. In committing terrorist activities, such as by becoming suicide-bombers to kill the infidels (kafirs), the followers of Islam buy their one-way tickets to the Islam’s sensual Jannat...

So, let us see what this Jannat is all about. The idea of the Islamic Paradise (al-Jannah) was invented by the Prophet of Islam, Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa (SAW), to bribe the Pagan Arabs into committing hideous crimes by promising them materialistic things in the afterlife---things which they couldn’t ever obtain in the harsh Arabian Desert! This heavenly abode contains six important items:

1) beautiful virgins,
2) young pearly boys,
3) pure water,
4) rivers of wine,
5) delicious fruits, and
6) unending wealth, royal livings.

We have heard vaguely of the “72 virgins” or Houris, promised as dedicated sex-slaves to each Muslim man in Paradise in addition to his wives from earth. This, in the sayings of the Prophet, is “the smallest reward” someone can expect in Islam’s paradise. (see The Tafsir of Quran 55:72; Book of Sunan, Vol. IV, Chapter 21, Hadith 2687)...

Prophet Muhammad knew that sex would sell very well among the group of his lecherous followers and he bribed and motivated them to fight his battles by the promise of sex-slaves and war booty on earth. By constantly emphasizing to his followers that they would get untouched virgins in Paradise, Muhammad is clearly expressing his "high" opinion of the institution of marriage and his fairness to women...

Koran 78:31
Koran 37:40-48
Koran 44:51-55
Koran 52:17-20
Koran 55:56-57
Koran 55:57-58
Koran 56:7-40
Koran 55:70-77
Koran 52:24
Koran 56:17
Koran 76:19
Koran 13:35
Koran 3:198
Koran 3:136
Koran 15:45
Koran 22:23
Koran 47:15
Koran 55:50-51
Koran 55:66-67
Koran 83:23-26
Koran 13:35
Koran 43:68-73
Koran 55:47-49
Koran 55:52-53
Koran 55:54-55
Koran 55:68-69
Koran 76:13-21
Koran 22:23
Koran 43:68-73
Koran 55:70-77
Koran 55:54-55
Koran 76:13-21

I have read the Koran three times in as many translations. The Koran mentions houris, or "Heavenly virgins." These remain virgins. All you get to do is look at them.

I wish National Lampoon would go ahead and make this movie, but they may be afraid of having movie theaters firebombed by Moslem fanatics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYQwCW5ShQ]National Lampoon's 72 Virgins - YouTube[/ame]

There is something about the number 72....it's also relevations for other things. Virgins are light women. Made out of light. Literally this is how they are described hence they are called Houris. We are made of clay. They of light. Also they are respectful to their Husband. And only loyal to him. And they are created for that purpose.

Depending on certain things, is how you will get them. Un married or divorced men. Or men who die before marriage. Women who are wives are more beautiful than any houri in Paradaise. Women un married also have men....etc.

This seems like a serious question, rivers, there isn't necessarily 72 rivers, but rivers of milk, honey, and wine, that is not alcoholic, or doesn't make you drunk.

Paradaise is immensely large for each person. It's also different for each person.

Now when you ask what kind of Muslim are you...what do you mean by that exactly??

There is something about the number 72....it's also relevations for other things. Virgins are light women. Made out of light. Literally this is how they are described hence they are called Houris. We are made of clay. They of light. Also they are respectful to their Husband. And only loyal to him. And they are created for that purpose.

Depending on certain things, is how you will get them. Un married or divorced men. Or men who die before marriage. Women who are wives are more beautiful than any houri in Paradaise. Women un married also have men....etc.

This seems like a serious question, rivers, there isn't necessarily 72 rivers, but rivers of milk, honey, and wine, that is not alcoholic, or doesn't make you drunk.

Paradaise is immensely large for each person. It's also different for each person.

Now when you ask what kind of Muslim are you...what do you mean by that exactly??
TY

So they are kinda like angles?

kind of muslim; sunni, shitte, etc.

And can you tell me the difference, beside the fact that they seem willing to kill each other for not being the right kind of muslim

TY

And can you tell me the difference, beside the fact that they seem willing to kill each other for not being the right kind of muslim

Yes kind of like angels. Keep in mind the Paradasie is literal and physical. It's not just a spiritual thing. In Islam all the bodies will be raised and we get new ones.

I don't classify myself, I follow the Sunnah of Muhammad. So that would technically make me Sunni Muslim.

TY

Yes kind of like angels. Keep in mind the Paradasie is literal and physical. It's not just a spiritual thing. In Islam all the bodies will be raised and we get new ones.

I don't classify myself, I follow the Sunnah of Muhammad. So that would technically make me Sunni Muslim.
ty
What are the differences?

TY

ty
What are the differences?

Of?? Shia and Sunni??

Well let me start off with that Sunnah of Muhammad means. It means the way of the Prophet. The way he ate with the right hand. Walk into bathroom with right foot. Our left foot.

The way he used to Pray. When he made prayers with the hands. Etc.

Shia people don't like Abu Bakar or Umar ibn Khattab. Both the Islamic Calphites following Muhammad's death. This is where the word Shia comes from, it's people who wanted Ali ibn Talib to become Caliph. That's the old part. The beginning. It's more than this. They blame Umar for several things. And they use different hadith sources from other authors. They pray at different times. Some pray all prayers at the night. They fast differently. They make their own laws and change the interpretations as well.

This is where it's a big divide. You cannot change the prayer times or fast your way. They fast an day earlier in Ramadan.

Ashura they beat themselves, which is also very wrong, but the reason they do is is because Ali's son know as Hussein had asked people who supported Ali to help him fight Yazid. This was long ago. Yazid was a unjust ruler. He and Muwayya wanted their ideals and power. So the Shia people didn't go with him. And he got killed. So today they hit themselves because they blame themselves for betraying him.

Btw, Ali was a cousin of Muhammad. And the first Muslim convert male. He was young though. And he did not like Shia people when he grew older. They made rumors that he was a divine being or super being. He got really upset at that. That's partly why he told his close family and friends to bury him in a secret spot. He was afraid they would worship his grave.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back