The 2nd Amendment Wins Again

[

so who here says that any felon should be able to buy a gun?

if there's that many it should be easy to find a quote

It depends on the felony.

Stripping civil rights from someone convicted of cheating on their taxes rubs me the wrong way.

Violent felons are a different story.
IMO a criminal is a criminal

choose to break the law lose your rights

Have you ever got a speeding ticket?

Not in 30 years besides I thought we were talking about felonies

Last edited:
show me one person here who thinks that convicted felons should be able to buy guns legally

Are you kidding ? What the fuck do you think background checks are for? Most of you gun nuts are against them .

How does a background check stop a criminal from getting a gun...? Most criminals get their guns from a family member or girlfriend who can pass a background check......making background checks for criminals useless....

Bingo !

That's why guns should have "titles" like cars . But nooooooo the GOP doesn't want that .
Are you stupid in the head or are you continually falling down the well.
Any form of firearm registration is 100% unconstitutional… Fact

How is that a fact ? How does registration stop a right to bear?

Really? Registration is the first step on the road to confiscation

Do you have to register to exercise any other Constitutionally protected right?

No.

How does a background check stop a criminal from getting a gun...? Most criminals get their guns from a family member or girlfriend who can pass a background check......making background checks for criminals useless....

Bingo !

That's why guns should have "titles" like cars . But nooooooo the GOP doesn't want that .

It's about control and confiscation, you cannot trust the federal government to do the right thing ever…

Then let the states do it .

The states cannot infringe on any Constitutional right. Do you think the states should make you get a permit so you can exercise the First, Fourth, or Fifth amendments?

Bingo !

Because it leads to confiscation....as was done in Germany, France, Britain and Australia...it is not the governments business to know who owns a gun...

Which can't happen here because we have the 2nd . So your crazy scenario doesn't make sense .

And aren't you guys Big on nationwide FED voter ID ?!?
we have the 2nd and yet I cannot buy certain rifles or magazines in my state

Well, the beauty of it is if you don't like the laws in your state, you CAN always move to another state. Even if you are anti 2nd amendment, this is not nearly as frightening as the FEDS getting involved in state matters. States are allowed to have their own rules when it comes to these things as long as they are not unconstitutional. As far as I see it, there is nothing unconstitutional about this law, so I don't know what you leftists are whining about.
not as easy to pick up ans move as you think
Our business is established here and we have significant financial investments in it
Now I have a carry permit so I can carry but I am prohibited from owning certain guns and magazines for no reason.
Now I just heard that my CCW permit is going to cost me almost $400 to renew

We've had unlicensed conceal/carry in Arizona for a couple years now.....Very little "road rage" any more other than by drunks because everybody has a little something close-by. A mechanic buddy of mine told me he's surprised when he doesn't see a pistol in the glove box or under the seat when the vehicle is in his shop. So far so good...only ones getting shot are those who have it coming.
should we give Chicago, "the memo"?
still don't know the difference between a law abiding gun owner and a criminal huh?

My husband bought three guns in two months, I told him to slow down so the Fed's didn't think we were running them :p

Well, the beauty of it is if you don't like the laws in your state, you CAN always move to another state. Even if you are anti 2nd amendment, this is not nearly as frightening as the FEDS getting involved in state matters. States are allowed to have their own rules when it comes to these things as long as they are not unconstitutional. As far as I see it, there is nothing unconstitutional about this law, so I don't know what you leftists are whining about.
not as easy to pick up ans move as you think
Our business is established here and we have significant financial investments in it
Now I have a carry permit so I can carry but I am prohibited from owning certain guns and magazines for no reason.
Now I just heard that my CCW permit is going to cost me almost $400 to renew

Well, at least the poor people won't be able to get a permit. :badgrin::badgrin:

We've had unlicensed conceal/carry in Arizona for a couple years now.....Very little "road rage" any more other than by drunks because everybody has a little something close-by. A mechanic buddy of mine told me he's surprised when he doesn't see a pistol in the glove box or under the seat when the vehicle is in his shop. So far so good...only ones getting shot are those who have it coming.

Chicago???? OH Yea, that's the place with all those tough gun restrictions.

It's not a States matter, the 2nd Amendment is one of the least ambiguous clauses in the Constitution. Exactly what is hard to understand about, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."?

infringe
verb
act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on:

It's simple, any act to limit or undermine the right IS AN INFRINGEMENT, no government entity has that right constitutionally, federal, State or local. Rights can only be withheld as a result of due process.

The problem there is requiring a license doesn't prohibit people from that right. So if challenged, that may be the grounds on which they base their case. You have to register to vote. In some states, you have to obtain a Voter-ID as well.

I'm surprised that wasn't already the law in New Hampshire.

Me to.

I lived in NH for over twenty years and every swinging dick in the State had a gun in a gun rack in the truck.

You never knew when a deer would cross your path during hunting season.

Oh and God help anyone who tried to break into your house because that gun was in the house at night.

Are you kidding ? What the fuck do you think background checks are for? Most of you gun nuts are against them .

Bingo !

No.
Simply mustering into well regulated militia, secures your rights, literally.

Bingo !

It's about control and confiscation, you cannot trust the federal government to do the right thing ever…

Then let the states do it .

The states cannot infringe on any Constitutional right. Do you think the states should make you get a permit so you can exercise the First, Fourth, or Fifth amendments?
Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics or the law:

The People are the State Militia.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Bingo !

Because it leads to confiscation....as was done in Germany, France, Britain and Australia...it is not the governments business to know who owns a gun...

Which can't happen here because we have the 2nd . So your crazy scenario doesn't make sense .

Only the unorganized militia whines about it, instead of having a solution of getting well regulated.

still don't know the difference between a law abiding gun owner and a criminal huh?
still trying to claim that more guns equals less crime?

Only the unorganized militia whines about it, instead of having a solution of getting well regulated.
When the federal government regulates anything it fucks over the citizens of this country.

Bingo !

No.
Simply mustering into well regulated militia, secures your rights, literally.
I am a militia of one charged with the protection of my wife and property

Chicago???? OH Yea, that's the place with all those tough gun restrictions.
don't believe your own, right wing propaganda?

Very little "road rage" any more other than by drunks because everybody has a little something close-by.

The memo should be, more guns equals less crime.

election-2016-county-map.png

The red areas are where firearms outnumber the people many, many times over… Less violent crime in those areas. Because people kill people not firearms. Fact

I never said that
I said YOU do not understand the difference between criminals and law abiding citizens

the only gun control we need is to throw people who commit crimes with guns in jail for a long time

Forum List

Back