The 2012 Election & Thomas Jefferson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Nov 8, 2012.

1. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I feel that the things Jefferson said sort of ring true today....the one part that really struck me and seemed to mimick the 2012 election for me was this "The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.".

Basically I take this as motivation to not be silent about what I think is a bunch of misinformation being fed to the partisans of both parties, its time for some truth to see the light of day in the public and the media.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    And Jefferson later came to his senses and regretted ever writing such nonsense. :laugh2:

Jefferson was later embarrassed because he had supported the crazy blood lust and murder and mayhem of the French Revolution

people like PeePeePoop need to read history, not cliff notes and quotation pages

3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    LOL I've read several books on Jefferson..most recently "Jefferson's War"

Keep on being an ignorant troll though.

4. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    He cannot refute history so he makes up a bunch of propaganda to serve his librul purpose. It's done all the time here.. I don't know who he thinks he's fooling?

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,484
    "The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.".

Founding Fathers' dirty campaign - CNN

Negative campaigning in America was sired by two lifelong friends, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Back in 1776, the dynamic duo combined powers to help claim America's independence, and they had nothing but love and respect for one another. But by 1800, party politics had so distanced the pair that, for the first and last time in U.S. history, a president found himself running against his vice president.

Things got ugly fast. Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    This, too:

The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Nelli is just one of my fanboy stalkers, his ignorant trolling and random neg-reps out of frustration amuse me.

8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Just swap British Ministry with Main Stream media and there you have it.

I find it sad when history repeats itself but we are too uninformed to see it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    you evidently missed the parts where history proves Jefferson later came to regret his imbecilities

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,619
    Sounds like he is talking about Fox News! :badgrin: