The 1984 Mentality of those Opposing Occupy Wall Street

You and others like you have proven beyond all doubt that it is a waste of time to reply to liberal rants.

The liberals are running (and ruining) this country.

Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder!
If we could only learn from our mistakes! Let's review:
2001 a federal budget surplus.

Then tax cuts for the rich, two wars fought on credit borrowed from the Chinese.

Then deregulation of the banking system and Wall Street.

gee. I wonder which policies really screwed the pooch? Maybe we should run right back to the Conservative policies that squandered the surplus, reduced revenues by cutting taxes for those who are most comfortable and borrow from our economic competition to pay for wars we should never have fought in the first place. Or we could poke sharp sticks in our eyes. Either way makes as much sense as the other.

There was no surplus. I assume you are referring to the imaginary surplus created by the voodoo economics of the Slick Willy administration.

Try again. There was no surplus.

The rest of your post is opinion.

I remember during the campaigns of 2000 they, the press, was calling the recession at that time the "Clinton recession".

Rant of the day? Who's got a better one?

I would like to thank you for proving my point. Corporatism? Gramm-Leach-Blilely?
Nope.
Just as your ThoughtMasters told you to do!

Thanks! :clap2:

How many times are you going to post the same tripe pretending like it's factual? You purport to know what OWS is all about. Guess what, there is no concise belief system of OWS. There are so many divergent point of views, there is no way to actually begin to discuss the 'movement' in an intelligent, logical manner.

You can re-post all the points of legitimate contention over and over. However, when the vast majority of the movement has been an uncivilized assault on the rest of society peppered with vapid chants, you're not going to convince anyone that it has any more substance than a teenager's temper tantrum.

Crony capitalism has been on the fore front of political debate for at least a few years now. And it got there without any of the vitriol of the OWS. At this point in time, the OWS has not only changed absolutely nothing or put forward any new objections or ideas, they have actually made a mockery of some very legitimate greivances. More often than not OWS protestors are targeting their peers on the street rather than anyone who has committed any actual wrong doing. You call that an intelligent movement? Castigating working people for trying to make a living? That's not only misdirected, it's compelely stupid and counter productive. And you wonder why no one takes anything about the so called movement seriously? By all means, wake up.

Now here's a decent post worth reading. While the OWSers are entitled to make their point about income inequality and greed, the manner in which they're doing it does not serve the cause very well.

Then tax cuts for the rich, two wars fought on credit borrowed from the Chinese.

gee. I wonder which policies really screwed the pooch? Maybe we should run right back to the Conservative policies that squandered the surplus, reduced revenues by cutting taxes for those who are most comfortable and borrow from our economic competition to pay for wars we should never have fought in the first place. Or we could poke sharp sticks in our eyes. Either way makes as much sense as the other.

There was no surplus. I assume you are referring to the imaginary surplus created by the voodoo economics of the Slick Willy administration.

I remember during the campaigns of 2000 they, the press, was calling the recession at that time the "Clinton recession".
What did they call the budget surplus?

Quite so. Bush inherited a failing economy..receding economy, recession.

Libs will argue 'til they are dead that Slick Willy gave GWB a surplus and he squandered it. This is typical of the liberal mentality: Start a lie...repeat it thousands of times...it will become the truth!

Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder.

Not that I believe the liberals on this board have the balls to read the entire link or the mental capacity to understand what it really means, but...try this.....

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

Click http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/30 for a follow up story.

There was no surplus. The economy was in recession when GWB took over. Facts do not change over time. There was no surplus.

Last edited:

What did they call the budget surplus?

Yea OK, so we'll go with your story.........who controlled both houses of Congress?? Who balanced the budget??

Libs will argue 'til they are dead that Slick Willy gave GWB a surplus and he squandered it. This is typical of the liberal mentality: Start a lie...repeat it thousands of times...it will become the truth!

Not that I believe the liberals on this board have the balls to read the entire link or the mental capacity to understand what it really means, but...try this.....

There was no surplus. The economy was in recession when GWB took over. Facts do not change over time. There was no surplus.

Recession: when the economy contracts, fails to expand, shrinks.

Federal budget surplus: when revenues exceed expeditures, when taxes and bonds pay for spending, a lack of a deficit.

Perhaps if the OWS crowd would purge itself of the street shitters, street fornicators, Marxists, drug addicts and rapists... they'd be taken a bit more seriously.

But then there'd be like what, five of them left?

:lol:

This GREAT! I couldn't ask for more or better proof!
Almost 20 posts. Not one Conserv said "Gramm-Leach-Bliley is...." or "The point you made about access to government is..." NOTHING!
What do they have to say? NOTHING! They stomp their little feeties and do EVERYTHING as listed in the signature below! EXACTLY as I predicted. They are scared to death of addressing ISSUES becuase they just plain, can't.
So keep up the petty iinsults, change the subject, project and so on! Prove my point some more! BUT Conservatives: DON'T address the issues!

Oh and BTW, We are against bailing out Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Solyndra and do not want unions (or corps) to have any more access or power than the average citizen. DANM! Screws those "Moral Comparatives and Change the Subject tactics into the ground. Well, they can use the other tactics listed below. It's all they have had so far and really, all they have. Pitiful.

The National Debt did continue to go up, it never retreated when Clinton was in office:

Sep 1998 5.526 Trillion
Sep 1999 5.656
Sep 2000 5.674
Sep 2001 5.807

Pretty small increases though, kudos to him and the GOP Congress for holding down spending. Too bad the current democratic president can't do the same.

Almost 20 posts. Not one Conserv said "Gramm-Leach-Bliley is...." or "The point you made about access to government is..." NOTHING!
What do they have to say? NOTHING! They stomp their little feeties and do EVERYTHING as listed in the signature below! EXACTLY as I predicted. They are scared to death of addressing ISSUES becuase they just plain, can't.
So keep up the petty iinsults, change the subject, project and so on! Prove my point some more! BUT Conservatives: DON'T address the issues!

Oh and BTW, We are against bailing out Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Solyndra and do not want unions (or corps) to have any more access or power than the average citizen. DANM! Screws those "Moral Comparatives and Change the Subject tactics into the ground. Well, they can use the other tactics listed below. It's all they have had so far and really, all they have. Pitiful.

Well maybe if you weren't such a pusillanimous little prick about it you might get a serious response. Clearly though, you don't want that, you just want to throw firebombs. Have a nice day.

Recession: when the economy contracts, fails to expand, shrinks.

Federal budget surplus: when revenues exceed expeditures, when taxes and bonds pay for spending, a lack of a deficit.
Apparently you:
a) did not read the articles
b) cannot understand the articles
c) all of the above

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited:
I'm pissed off at your fucking White House giving 1.4 BILLION $$$$$ to a 1% bastard like Robert Kennedy Jr. to bail out his "green" company.

Now if you want to start "Occupy the White House Elites who perform Financial Fellatio on a daily basis with Rich Donors", I could get behind that.

There is such an "Occupy" group - it's called "The Tea Party."

Perhaps if the OWS crowd would purge itself of the street shitters, street fornicators, Marxists, drug addicts and rapists... they'd be taken a bit more seriously.

But then there'd be like what, five of them left?

:lol:

Sorry...you left out the paid communists demonstrators and the paid union goons. I think you're still correct with the remainder....about five!

The National Debt did continue to go up, it never retreated when Clinton was in office:

Sep 1998 5.526 Trillion
Sep 1999 5.656
Sep 2000 5.674
Sep 2001 5.807

Pretty small increases though, kudos to him and the GOP Congress for holding down spending. Too bad the current democratic president can't do the same.

Yes, but you see, it was a "surplusless surplus." Kinda like the "jobless recovery" we have now....

Your OP is taking issue with the way people are responding to OWS in the manner you want. I did reply to your OP and gave you the precise reason why people are not responding to OWS in the manner you want. The fact of the matter is that OWS is predominantly not engaging in an intelligent discussion with the rest of society. Marching down public streets, causing severe disruptions in law abiding citizens lives, and hurling vitriol at middle class people is not the same as trying to intelligently discuss issues. Calling working class people 'traitors' is not intelligently discussing issues. Chanting "close wall street" is not a rational response to what has occurred in this nation. OWS has not engaged the wider public in a thoughtful manner. So it really should not suprise anyone that the response from much of the public is largely not thoughtful either. If you want to be ignorant and continue to pretend that OWS is predominantly engaging society in an intelligent debate that's your issue. But don't pretend like people responding to vitriol with distaste is somehow irrational.

I'm pissed off at your fucking White House giving 1.4 BILLION $$$$$ to a 1% bastard like Robert Kennedy Jr. to bail out his "green" company.

Now if you want to start "Occupy the White House Elites who perform Financial Fellatio on a daily basis with Rich Donors", I could get behind that.

There is such an "Occupy" group - it's called "The Tea Party."

Liberals in 2011 don't get it at all. Apart from the media I truly blame the "Goebbel Machine aka public school system" for purposefully misinforming and manipulating their students. Social engineering seems the primary goal of Teachers Unions in the past few decades.

Most definitely between the 4th Branch of Government (the left wing media) and the narrow thought process given to them by the public school system, liberals of today are some of the most closed minded individuals I have ever witnessed.

To call these OWS individuals " liberal " is actually an oxymoron.

Rant of the day? Who's got a better one?

I would like to thank you for proving my point. Corporatism? Gramm-Leach-Blilely?
Nope.
Just as your ThoughtMasters told you to do!

Thanks! :clap2:

How many times are you going to post the same tripe pretending like it's factual? You purport to know what OWS is all about. Guess what, there is no concise belief system of OWS. There are so many divergent point of views, there is no way to actually begin to discuss the 'movement' in an intelligent, logical manner.

You can re-post all the points of legitimate contention over and over. However, when the vast majority of the movement has been an uncivilized assault on the rest of society peppered with vapid chants, you're not going to convince anyone that it has any more substance than a teenager's temper tantrum.

Crony capitalism has been on the fore front of political debate for at least a few years now. And it got there without any of the vitriol of the OWS. At this point in time, the OWS has not only changed absolutely nothing or put forward any new objections or ideas, they have actually made a mockery of some very legitimate greivances. More often than not OWS protestors are targeting their peers on the street rather than anyone who has committed any actual wrong doing. You call that an intelligent movement? Castigating working people for trying to make a living? That's not only misdirected, it's compelely stupid and counter productive. And you wonder why no one takes anything about the so called movement seriously? By all means, wake up.

Well unlike the ignorant azzhole with the Detroit Lions avatar, you at least make some points - even though you do exactly what the OP says - which is ignore all the points that the 2nd Phase of OWS is forwarding.
So here is the difference between us: I can acknowledge your points. Yes, there are a lot of in OWS we would all rather not have there. But as far as making grievances in the way that you feel it should be done? Well what's that gotten you? Cronyism disappear from politics, did it? Less influence of corporations, SIGs and unions on elections? How about that Citizen's United decision, eh! Oh yeah, THAT helped.
Now I never lived in a tent but I'm glad these people did. They started a wake up call. It has evolved way beyond the tents now.
Oh, and I started another thread that simply let people know that what they were seeing on the MSM about OWS, was no more comprehensive that what was shown about the Tea Party at first. Offered some of the issues. What were the replies from Conservs? Not ONE said "Well let's discuss this issue about...." Just a bunch of parrots repeating what the MSM has fed them. Like 1984...
This thing has just grown thousands of times bigger and gotten a lot more attention. Growing pains of an movement that is still in it's embryonic phases.
We are NOT going away.

Forum List

Back