The 1984 Mentality of those Opposing Occupy Wall Street

OWS has captured the attention and participation of the entire world.
This is indisputible. They have a LOT of very legitimate concerns but
FOX, the RW e-media etc... have enslaved the minds of Conservatives,
much in the way of the book "1984".

Do NOT pay attention to the evidence! WE will tell you what to think.
WE will tell you your opinions.
This has been evidenced in other threads.

So when an Occupier says "We object to the level of influence afforded
Corporations and Special Interest Groups by Citizens United!"
A Conservative will reply as they have been instructed with something
like "You poop on streets!"
Notice how the issue is avoided and the need for Independent thought
is eliminated? Conservatives are simply not equipped to deal with the
ISSUES that OWS has brought up, so they parrot what they have been
taught.
The ISSUES?
* WE DON'T WANT TO END CAPTIALISM, WE want to end the Corporatacracy
and restore our Democratic Republic. For every hour a senator or
congressman spends with a citizen who has a legitimate concern, they
spend over 100 with a lobbyist, CEO or UNION LEADER (Oh Damn, that
eliminates the "Change the Subject Tactic that Conservatives use when
they can't address issues directly!). There is no voice of the people.
Anyone thinking our government is not run by money, is a fool.
* No more bank bailouts. This includes Fannie May and Freddie Mac, btw
(Oh Damn, that eliminates the "Change the Subject Tactic that
Conservatives use when they can't address issues directly!).
* Stop giving money belonging to We the People, away to the corrupt
politicians of foreign governments.
* No more subsidies or tax breaks to any company that doesn't hire
100% American, attribute their income 100% in America and pay their
taxes 100% in America.
* Reverse "Citizen's United" and put elections back in the hands of
The People.
* Repeal Gramm-Leach-Bliley (Like Newt Says!).

Those are just some of the ISSUES. How will Conservatives respond to
the issues? We all know. Dodge, change the subject, Project What they
Have been Instructed to Believe etc...
But they won't address the issues. The ThoughtMasters have told them
not to...

And the MSM has been doing this for years and years. The Right has ONE, count them ONE media outlet and the f'ing 10+ left wing media masters can't stand it.

You do realize this has been going on for years and years on your (cough, cough) news sites. They lost all journalistic integrity by filling everyone with lies and left wing BS and you have the nerve to b*tch about the ONE right leaning cable news network. :cuckoo:

ROTFLMBO!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

1st Post from Consrv. Zero issues of OP Addressed. Not like that's surprising.

Rant of the day? Who's got a better one?

2nd Post from Consrv. Zero issues of OP Addressed. Not like that's surprising.

Although from a complete frikkin' moron like Wiseacre, not sure anyone would EVER expect issues to be addressed. :lol:

Rant of the day? Who's got a better one?

No shit. This guy's a complete tool that daily regurgitates re-hashed left wing talking points.... and then goes on atear about others being "brainwashed".

:lol:

3rd Post from Consrv. Zero issues of OP Addressed. Not like that's surprising.

Of course Soggy is as stupid as Wisacre and I doubt either have ever actually discussed an issue. I'd love to debate either of them on actual issues! But you know, they don't to facts, issues, etc...

A
Conservative will reply as they have been instructed with something
taught.
The ISSUES?
taxes 100% in America.
The People.

Have been Instructed to Believe etc... Well
guess what Conservs. The Tea Party didn't promote ending the intereference of
religion in politics. They're overwhelingly old and Conservative. OWS is
overwhelmingly Young and Liberal. So duh. Gee. Go figure. Just a tactic to dodge
the issues they bring up. Replace them with your own.

But Conserv won't address these issues. Their ThoughtMasters have told them
not to...

you're a liar.. our reply is why aren't you bitching that the unions buy up all the demoncrat politicians. you lying asswarp of a cow.

4th Post from Consrv. Zero issues of OP Addressed. Not like that's surprising...

These guys are SO predictible. All whackjobs. See signature below if you want to know how ANY of them will react to facts, evidence, issues etc...

You and others like you have proven beyond all doubt that it is a waste of time to reply to liberal rants.

The liberals are running (and ruining) this country.

Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder!

Yet another Post from Consrv. Zero issues of OP Addressed. Okay, point made. Conservatives are scared little cowards when it comes to issues. They're scared sh1tless! 20 post, not one has the balls to discuss a single issue. Their ThoughtMasters have forbidden it! So the mindless drones just parrot what they are told to think.

What a bunch a weak little pusses.

I would like to thank you for proving my point. Corporatism? Gramm-Leach-Blilely?
Nope.
Just as your ThoughtMasters told you to do!

Thanks! :clap2:

How many times are you going to post the same tripe pretending like it's factual? You purport to know what OWS is all about. Guess what, there is no concise belief system of OWS. There are so many divergent point of views, there is no way to actually begin to discuss the 'movement' in an intelligent, logical manner.

You can re-post all the points of legitimate contention over and over. However, when the vast majority of the movement has been an uncivilized assault on the rest of society peppered with vapid chants, you're not going to convince anyone that it has any more substance than a teenager's temper tantrum.

Crony capitalism has been on the fore front of political debate for at least a few years now. And it got there without any of the vitriol of the OWS. At this point in time, the OWS has not only changed absolutely nothing or put forward any new objections or ideas, they have actually made a mockery of some very legitimate greivances. More often than not OWS protestors are targeting their peers on the street rather than anyone who has committed any actual wrong doing. You call that an intelligent movement? Castigating working people for trying to make a living? That's not only misdirected, it's compelely stupid and counter productive. And you wonder why no one takes anything about the so called movement seriously? By all means, wake up.

Well unlike the ignorant azzhole with the Detroit Lions avatar, you at least make some points - even though you do exactly what the OP says - which is ignore all the points that the 2nd Phase of OWS is forwarding.
So here is the difference between us: I can acknowledge your points. Yes, there are a lot of in OWS we would all rather not have there. But as far as making grievances in the way that you feel it should be done? Well what's that gotten you? Cronyism disappear from politics, did it? Less influence of corporations, SIGs and unions on elections? How about that Citizen's United decision, eh! Oh yeah, THAT helped.
Now I never lived in a tent but I'm glad these people did. They started a wake up call. It has evolved way beyond the tents now.
Oh, and I started another thread that simply let people know that what they were seeing on the MSM about OWS, was no more comprehensive that what was shown about the Tea Party at first. Offered some of the issues. What were the replies from Conservs? Not ONE said "Well let's discuss this issue about...." Just a bunch of parrots repeating what the MSM has fed them. Like 1984...
This thing has just grown thousands of times bigger and gotten a lot more attention. Growing pains of an movement that is still in it's embryonic phases.
We are NOT going away.

Apparently you missed my first post in which I acknowledged some of the broad ideas coming out of OWS are legitimate.

How many times are you going to post the same tripe pretending like it's factual? You purport to know what OWS is all about. Guess what, there is no concise belief system of OWS. There are so many divergent point of views, there is no way to actually begin to discuss the 'movement' in an intelligent, logical manner.

You can re-post all the points of legitimate contention over and over. However, when the vast majority of the movement has been an uncivilized assault on the rest of society peppered with vapid chants, you're not going to convince anyone that it has any more substance than a teenager's temper tantrum.

Crony capitalism has been on the fore front of political debate for at least a few years now. And it got there without any of the vitriol of the OWS. At this point in time, the OWS has not only changed absolutely nothing or put forward any new objections or ideas, they have actually made a mockery of some very legitimate greivances. More often than not OWS protestors are targeting their peers on the street rather than anyone who has committed any actual wrong doing. You call that an intelligent movement? Castigating working people for trying to make a living? That's not only misdirected, it's compelely stupid and counter productive. And you wonder why no one takes anything about the so called movement seriously? By all means, wake up.

Like I already said, some ideas I have heard from some OWS 'members' are cogent. A few individuals do not comprise the whole movement. The movement as a whole has been juvenile and reckless. When you want to engage people in discussion in the hopes of creating change, you don't kick in their front door and call them names first. That's the route OWS has chosen to take which tends to indicate a lack of foresight and intelligent purpose.

Quite so. Bush inherited a failing economy..receding economy, recession.

Libs will argue 'til they are dead that Slick Willy gave GWB a surplus and he squandered it. This is typical of the liberal mentality: Start a lie...repeat it thousands of times...it will become the truth!

Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder.

Not that I believe the liberals on this board have the balls to read the entire link or the mental capacity to understand what it really means, but...try this.....

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

There was no surplus. The economy was in recession when GWB took over. Facts do not change over time. There was no surplus.

Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder.
Recession: when the economy contracts, fails to expand, shrinks.

Federal budget surplus: when revenues exceed expeditures, when taxes and bonds pay for spending, a lack of a deficit.
Apparently you:
a) did not read the articles
b) cannot understand the articles
c) all of the above

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
no. I read the article. I understood the bias in the reporting and accepted the propaganda value. I am amazed that you find Liberals beneath your intellectual level. If we're the mouth breathing idiots you think we are, why haven't you destroyed our position with intellectual honesty? Perhaps that's beyond your own capacity as a "thinker".

Well unlike the ignorant azzhole with the Detroit Lions avatar, you at least make some points - even though you do exactly what the OP says - which is ignore all the points that the 2nd Phase of OWS is forwarding.
So here is the difference between us: I can acknowledge your points. Yes, there are a lot of in OWS we would all rather not have there. But as far as making grievances in the way that you feel it should be done? Well what's that gotten you? Cronyism disappear from politics, did it? Less influence of corporations, SIGs and unions on elections? How about that Citizen's United decision, eh! Oh yeah, THAT helped.
Now I never lived in a tent but I'm glad these people did. They started a wake up call. It has evolved way beyond the tents now.
Oh, and I started another thread that simply let people know that what they were seeing on the MSM about OWS, was no more comprehensive that what was shown about the Tea Party at first. Offered some of the issues. What were the replies from Conservs? Not ONE said "Well let's discuss this issue about...." Just a bunch of parrots repeating what the MSM has fed them. Like 1984...
This thing has just grown thousands of times bigger and gotten a lot more attention. Growing pains of an movement that is still in it's embryonic phases.
We are NOT going away.

Apparently you missed my first post in which I acknowledged some of the broad ideas coming out of OWS are legitimate.

Like I already said, some ideas I have heard from some OWS 'members' are cogent. A few individuals do not comprise the whole movement. The movement as a whole has been juvenile and reckless. When you want to engage people in discussion in the hopes of creating change, you don't kick in their front door and call them names first. That's the route OWS has chosen to take which tends to indicate a lack of foresight and intelligent purpose.

I would sugest you consider sources for information other than those you currently have. N17 for instance. Protests in every city. Thousands of people in cities all over the country. A little scuffling but other than that kid who got his head cracked open, virtually no violence (given the fact that there are some people who are "damaged goods" in NYC, that's something!).
The people interviewed said what?
"We're tired of having a government that has no time for its' citizens."
"We want legislation introduced to make it clear that Companies are NOT people."
"I own a small business. Why don't I get a break for hiring people?"

Stuff like that. Except FOX, where I saw a guy with dreds talk jibberish for about a minute. Not surprising. And yes, they're out there.

So okay. You can remain myopic and focus solely on the images and media that reinforce what you want to believe. But the movement is evolving and has already exploded way beyond the tents.

We are NOT going away.

I would sugest you consider sources for information other than those you currently have. N17 for instance. Protests in every city. Thousands of people in cities all over the country. A little scuffling but other than that kid who got his head cracked open, virtually no violence (given the fact that there are some people who are "damaged goods" in NYC, that's something!).
"We want legislation introduced to make it clear that Companies are NOT people."

Stuff like that. Except FOX, where I saw a guy with dreds talk jibberish for about a minute. Not surprising. And yes, they're out there.

So okay. You can remain myopic and focus solely on the images and media that reinforce what you want to believe. But the movement is evolving and has already exploded way beyond the tents.

You're delusional.... you're little movement is a tick on the ass of mankind... and soon it will be picked off and stomped out. Let the filthy little miscreants crawl back into the gutter.

A Conservative will reply as they have been instructed with something
taught.
The ISSUES?
taxes 100% in America.
The People.

Have been Instructed to Believe etc...
But they won't address the issues. The ThoughtMasters have told them
not to...

And the MSM has been doing this for years and years. The Right has ONE, count them ONE media outlet and the f'ing 10+ left wing media masters can't stand it.

You do realize this has been going on for years and years on your (cough, cough) news sites. They lost all journalistic integrity by filling everyone with lies and left wing BS and you have the nerve to b*tch about the ONE right leaning cable news network. :cuckoo:

ROTFLMBO!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

1st Post from Consrv. Zero issues of OP Addressed. Not like that's surprising.

You lack both independence and logic. And you wonder why people don't address the 'issues' you raise. Issues are based on at least some vague reality - left wing whining does not count as reality. Mmmk?

ID 10 T

anyone who's stupid enough to believe that the status quo ante citizens was that the electoral power resided in the *people's* hands is stupid enough to believe that OWS has accomplished something beyond 15 minutes of fame.

LOL! ANOTHER One, Cali?

Okay Sweetie, you're absolutely right! There is no such thing as Gramm-Leach-Blilely, Bailouts or the Double Irish.

Now go play and we grown ups will talk about what of course, wouldn't be reality to a child.

We are NOT going away.

Ok, now you're fully displaying the mentality I've been trying to get you to see from the get go. It's been extremely evident during the entire movement, yet you don't want to even acknowledge the possibility it might exist. You call me myopic, but all I've done is give you an actual independent viewpoint from someone that doesn't consider themselves part of the movement. Instead of engaging in an acual discussion you're just calling names - the very thing you're supposedly so offended by.

My sources are not Fox news or any other part of the mainstream media. Most of my opinions have been formed based upon youtube videos posted by OWSers themselves. You say it's isolated, the movement is mostly about something else. I'm telling you the face that OWS has presented and continues to present OF THEMSELVES is not about much more than name calling and inciting disorder in law abiding citizens lives.

I still can't get past the fact you want to say everyone else is close minded and then when I actually attempt to engage you in a discussion of the methods you basically say: screw you, you're a close minded idiot and you are just blowing shit out of proportion. Instead of actually discussing ways to gain more traction, all you want to do is discount my opinion and call me names. Again, that's the very thing that has been turning people off from the beginning. Some people are beyond help I guess.

And you keep talking about the "next phase." Just yesterday there was another example of the movement just plain being assholes for little or no reason. Blocking traffic and demonizing working people has no place in an intelligent movement that is trying to advance actual ideas. Everyone knows you're out there, they know you're upset, what they don't know is that you have any legitimate solutions or the ability to function in a civilized manner. So it appears that "phase one - act like small children" is still in full effect and "phase two - let everyone know we are actually adults" has been aborted. Continue blindly wondering why no one will give you more the summary dismissals. Just remember I actually tried.

Forum List

Back