The 1930's Again?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2RlNjNjZWNlOTQzNTVjMTRjMWY4MzRkMDQzYmY5ZjM=

2. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,801
    Lets raise taxes and send off more money to Israel. We wouldn't want to be called Nazis now would we?

Assuming you agree with this article, shame on you Kath, falling for this fear tactic - that were all becoming Nazis ready to throw all the Jews into ovens.

This is a war between Zionist Jews and Islam. Personally I hope the Jews win but is it worth my blood to fight for them? Are you ready to send your brothers and sons to die for Israel?

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" deal. Sure Israel can take what we have already given them and kick some ass but don't forget the Hizbullys want to kill Americans too and they probably have been in Iraq. Killing some East Syrian Hizbullys woudl serve a number of purposes.

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I, personally, like Israel and will support them as long as they've got barbarians at their gates. However, if you really think that a campaign to support a defensive action by a sovreign nation isn't worth our effort, remember this, the Soviets were one of the greatest evils ever stared down in the history of the planet. They still helped us take down the Nazis, though, and I think we can all agree that Islamofacism and regular facism are both more evil than Israel or the Soviets.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Excellent point, Hobbit. The commies definately took more casualties than ANYONE in WWII.

6. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Oooohhh...wow man, that's really deep...I've never heard an Israel-shill use that one before. :rolleyes:

Neocons ALWAYS think a conflict is the 1930's again. A neocon could have a vocal disagreement with his neighbor about letting his dog poop on his lawn, and it would be the 1930's all over again.

Bull crap. The history of american warfare, from the civil war onward, is of power hungry politicians doing their damnedest to meddle overseas and get us into war (usually by putting an american boat in harm's way).

Okay everyone...those who are playing the Neocon drinking game, take a shot.

*gulp*

For those who haven't heard of it, it goes like this. Every time a jewish neocon smears his opponents with antisemitism because they don't support Israel, you take a shot. If they smear their opponents because of neocon skullduggery which is actually true--laying the groundwork for an invasion of Iran, for example--you take a double shot.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    You think Bush will just bypass Syria?

8. PsuedoGhost

PsuedoGhost Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I think Bush will sit with his thumb up his ass for the rest of his presidency. As it is, his administration is more of a liability than an asset for the Republicans.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,197
    Unfortunately I am afraid you might be right. This is is a time we should be being bold by cutting off the dragon by the head and taking out Iran.

Of course, we cant do this as long the UN has so much control over us. So I think its about time we cut the dead weight, leave the UN as the paper tiger it is, and do what needs to be done to defeat this enemy.

And btw who is Michael Ledeen and is he willing to run for President?

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree with you on Bush missing opportunity after opportunity, I wonder if he isn't partly Palestinian? I hope we're wrong and Dillo is correct, he expressed optimism that Bush and Condi are working on something-if so, they have me fooled.

I do wonder about the isolationists , denying the anti-semitism that is convulsing the Middle East and rising rapidly in violence in Europe, Australia, Indonesia (where there are relatively no jews, but plenty of Muslims), and demonstrably here in the US.

I doubt Baron's is religious based, he's totally a libertarian thus his argument is consistent, even if I don't agree. He also thinks that we WWI and WWII were manipulated US involvement for no purpose other than expanding power of some elites. (I agree that there is always that element, but as a causative factor, I disagree).

As for Ledeen:

http://www.benadorassociates.com/ledeen.php