Thats what you call clutch!

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
Obama, in about as much of a pressure situation as you can be in, delivers one of the greatest speeches of the past 50 years. He didn't give an inspirational hymn, he absolutely drilled McCain and showed EXACTLY why's he's the right person for this time. But, I'm sure that the righties will come on here and try to downplay what he did last night. Though, quick question for you - Obama speaks in front of crowds that have been as large as 200,000, you think even 20,000 would show up to hear McCain?

This race is clearly Obama's to lose, I can't wait to see them debate cause its these 2 are on 2 totally different levels.

TelePrompTers™ are generally not allowed at debates.

You would be the fifteen year old that can't make an argument on here without using a curse word right? So I wouldn't expect you to have the maturity to give credit where credit is due then

I am also looking forward to the debates.

I suspect Obama is going to kick McCain's ass from one end of the stage to the other.

He is both a formitable intellect who seems to have a firm grasp of the issues, but he is a formitable speaker, too.

I think McCain is nuts for debating him, personally.

I suspect Obama is going to kick McCain's ass from one end of the stage to the other.

He is both a formitable intellect who seems to have a firm grasp of the issues, but he is a formitable speaker, too.

It will be "MUST SEE T.V." that's for sure!

I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to the debates too... but for a different reason.

McCain is, as Obama so eloquently put it last night, a fine, patriotic American who just has no clue how 90% of his national neighbors live, laugh and love in this country. It doesn't make him evil or worthy of an "ass kicking", he just has a different vision for the future. I hope that the debates highlight those differences.

I hope that Obama is for real and I hope that there is enough change in Congress to pull of his ambition for the country. There are a LOT of bought and paid for pawns of the professional lobbyists on both sides of the Congressional Aisle that need to get their walking papers from us.

-Joe

TelePrompTers™ are generally not allowed at debates.

Obama wrote his speech himself, if he used a teleprompter to stay on track is that wrong? I'd have never known he was reading from a prompter, he was that well spoken. He didn't stumble and stammer. His words were fluid and well thought out.

Brilliant speech both in deliver and content!

Obama wrote his speech himself, if he used a teleprompter to stay on track is that wrong? I'd have never known he was reading from a prompter, he was that well spoken. He didn't stumble and stammer. His words were fluid and well thought out.

Brilliant speech both in deliver and content!

yup poured out of his mouth like a revival tent preacher---He learned a lot from Rev Wright.

I'm looking forward to the debates too... but for a different reason.

McCain is, as Obama so eloquently put it last night, a fine, patriotic American who just has no clue how 90% of his national neighbors live, laugh and love in this country. It doesn't make him evil or worthy of an "ass kicking", he just has a different vision for the future. I hope that the debates highlight those differences.

I hope that Obama is for real and I hope that there is enough change in Congress to pull of his ambition for the country. There are a LOT of bought and paid for pawns of the professional lobbyists on both sides of the Congressional Aisle that need to get their walking papers from us.

-Joe

Without a doubt, Joe.

I have fairly modest expectation for Obama, really.

I just want him to stop the fiscal arterial bleeding that is killing the middle class.

What I KNOW is that McCain thinks everything is just fine.

That man is either totally clueless or a lying sack of shit.

Either way, he's not the man I want leading this nation for the next four years.

He did not write the speech himself.

He has three speechwriters - Jon Favreau, Ted Sorensen and Ben Rhodes.

Rather than ask me for a source (which I can readily provide) I suggest you save what little dignity you have left and promptly leave this thread.

Oh my gosh Ninja you are the absolute man!! None of us hold a candle to your intelligence so I believe we should all bow down to you. Maybe you should be President?

Oh wait though, just how smart can you be when you voted for Bush twice? :eusa_clap: Good job slick

What I KNOW is that McCain thinks everything is just fine.

Then you haven't been paying attention or just prefer to ignore it when McCain has clearly said "Washington is broken". Sorta make one doubt everything else you claim to know.

I thought his speech was very good. Probably good enough to get the job done. But it didn't exactly have me creaming my drawers like apparently it did for a few others.

I might be wrong, of course, but I kind of seriously doubt anyone writing to us on this board is pulling down $250K.

If they are, then we can be reasonable sure that their skill to give them that kind of income was choosing the right parents.

What kind of person whose abilities on the job makes them worth that kind of money, has the time or inclination to post here?

I swear to God some of you people are such fucking liars, and not especially good liars, either.

Forum List

Back