Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationw

Cool! No more having to worry about nigs touching your food. Or worse...[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong, but I don't think that there will be any difference in how the food is made, just how its ordered. Instead of talking to a person, a screen to place your order yourself will be in front of you, like a self check out system at the grocery store for example.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Automation would come along regardless, but higher labor costs obviously means more incentives to automate.

As the labor union-backed Fight for $15 begins yet another nationwide strike on November 29, I have a simple message for the protest organizers and the reporters covering them: I told you so.

It brings me no joy to write these words. The push for a $15 starter wage has negatively impacted the career prospects of employees who were just getting started in the workforce while extinguishing the businesses that employed them. I wish it were not so. But it’s important to document these consequences, lest policymakers elsewhere decide that the $15 movement is worth embracing.

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

Bangladeshi wages for American workers, that’s how we will get jobs back, get this economy moving again, and get back to being great.

I find it odd that liberals didnt bitch about min wage when high school kids were the main employees at MickyD's.
Why is that?

Automation would come along regardless, but higher labor costs obviously means more incentives to automate.

As the labor union-backed Fight for $15 begins yet another nationwide strike on November 29, I have a simple message for the protest organizers and the reporters covering them: I told you so.

It brings me no joy to write these words. The push for a $15 starter wage has negatively impacted the career prospects of employees who were just getting started in the workforce while extinguishing the businesses that employed them. I wish it were not so. But it’s important to document these consequences, lest policymakers elsewhere decide that the $15 movement is worth embracing.

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

Bangladeshi wages for American workers, that’s how we will get jobs back, get this economy moving again, and get back to being great.

I find it odd that liberals didnt bitch about min wage when high school kids were the main employees at MickyD's.
Why is that?
Probably because you are stupid and didnt realize high school kids rarely have a family to support.

They're flipping burgers, not performing rocket surgery.

We've been on a race to the bottom for half a century son, stay tuned, you cannot run a society on mass consumption if workers cannot consume.

For half a century? You mean since January 1981 when Reagan took office.
Damn dude, you better be careful, you've got to get the narrative down more accurate.

Just boycott McDonalds then. These CEO's are on the wrong side of history....capitalism's goal of keeping the poor poor and making the rich richer is headed towards defeat.

As soon as they were pushing for a $15 min wg here in Chicago,
I knew it wasnt a good ideal and everything I said would happen, did
This past July, it went up another 50¢, to $10.50
I forgot, it'll reach 15$ over the course of 5 or 7 yrs

Not to mention, add that on top of obamascam, ....
These kids just don't know...well, they do now

These companies will hire more people
and give everyone less hours,
so everyone stays below the amount of hrs
that would require them to start providing their health insurance

If your working for a big company but, in a smaller store,
hrs have been cut by eliminating a person from the shift,
and ft mngt is expected to be the substitute.
... 2 doing the work of 3

Besides, I'm sorry but, no one should be making
$15 to flip burgers at McDonald's!

So you quote an article written by the former CEO of McDonald's?

It might be better to have stopped at "Automation would come along regardless".

I for one, will never eat at an automated McDonald's. I was standing there when one of those large chocolate/latte vending machines was opened by a technician and the green slime and mold almost made me puke.

Cool! No more having to worry about nigs touching your food. Or worse...
or worse...touching your women. Oh yeah. This wont have an effect on that.
You racist, or something?
4_1_72.gif
Good Lord, yes...please, he needs no help getting started

People in China who were making $172 a month have already been replaced with automation. So how little you make isn't going to help.

This is why Bernie and Hillary's educational plans would help. We know what Republicans think of education. So that is never going to happen.

America has 5.8 million job openings, matches all-time high

We also know Republicans will want educated immigrants to fill those high quality jobs. It's cheaper and they can't vote. Another way the GOP will screw over their minions.

As usual, depends, but we don’t have any time for anything but fantasy slogans in this society so all conversations come down to wackass dueling duality outlier points of view.

The struggle for a wage full time workers can exist on in our predatory economic system encompasses far more than your maligned “burger flippers”, but yeah, if the only way you can stay in business is to pay full time employees too little to live in their own society on, as far as I’m concerned you can go out of business, you’re not contributing to society, you’re a parasite. McDonald’s is not struggling to stay afloat at all.

If the minimum wage was jacked up to $15/hour, that would raise the wages of 25% of the workers in america; that’s a pretty sad commentary on American society. Because it doesn’t stop at “burger flippers”. This also includes a lot of child care workers, nursing/psychiatric/home healthcare workers, nursing home staff, material/freight/stock movers, stock clerks/orders fillers, receptionists/information clerks, bakers, textile/garment pressers, bank tellers, driver/sales workers, agricultural equipment operators, farm workers/laborers, assemblers/fabricators, laundry and dry cleaning workers, taxi drivers/chauffeurs, etc.

All of these folks contribute to what would be a functional society had we not rerigged the economy over the past half century or so, now they’re essentially sharecroppers, like most who work in America now.

We live in a society that has lost all cohesion, all sense of community, and respect for the human being. We reward those who care for our children and our elders in the same manner you speak of as, and with the same disdain as, your “burger flippers”, while we fawn over wealth and celebrity, and mall brawl at holiday shopping orgies.

Last edited:

As usual, depends, but we don’t have any time for anything but fantasy slogans in this society so all conversations come down to wackass dueling duality outlier points of view.

The struggle for a wage full time workers can exist on in our predatory economic system encompasses far more than your maligned “burger flippers”, but yeah, if the only way you can stay in business is to pay full time employees too little to live in their own society on, as far as I’m concerned you can go out of business, you’re not contributing to society, you’re a parasite. McDonald’s is not struggling to stay afloat at all.

If the minimum wage was jacked up to $15/hour, that would raise the wages of 25% of the workers in america; that’s a pretty sad commentary on American society. Because it doesn’t stop at “burger flippers”. This also includes a lot of child care workers, nursing/psychiatric/home healthcare workers, nursing home staff, material/freight/stock movers, stock clerks/orders fillers, receptionists/information clerks, bakers, textile/garment pressers, bank tellers, driver/sales workers, agricultural equipment operators, farm workers/laborers, assemblers/fabricators, laundry and dry cleaning workers, taxi drivers/chauffeurs, etc.

All of these folks contribute to what would be a functional society had we not rerigged the economy over the past half century or so, now they’re essentially sharecroppers, like most who work in America now.

We live in a society that has lost all cohesion, all sense of community, and respect for the human being. We reward those who care for our children and our elders in the same manner you speak of as, and with the same disdain as, your “burger flippers”, while we fawn over wealth and celebrity, and mall brawl at holiday shopping orgies.
So how much should Colin Kapernick make?

Forum List

Back