Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationw

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Automation would come along regardless, but higher labor costs obviously means more incentives to automate.

As the labor union-backed Fight for $15 begins yet another nationwide strike on November 29, I have a simple message for the protest organizers and the reporters covering them: I told you so.

It brings me no joy to write these words. The push for a $15 starter wage has negatively impacted the career prospects of employees who were just getting started in the workforce while extinguishing the businesses that employed them. I wish it were not so. But it’s important to document these consequences, lest policymakers elsewhere decide that the $15 movement is worth embracing.

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide

Automation would come along regardless, but higher labor costs obviously means more incentives to automate.

As the labor union-backed Fight for $15 begins yet another nationwide strike on November 29, I have a simple message for the protest organizers and the reporters covering them: I told you so.

It brings me no joy to write these words. The push for a $15 starter wage has negatively impacted the career prospects of employees who were just getting started in the workforce while extinguishing the businesses that employed them. I wish it were not so. But it’s important to document these consequences, lest policymakers elsewhere decide that the $15 movement is worth embracing.

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide
Cool! No more having to worry about nigs touching your food. Or worse...

Come on now.

or worse...touching your women. Oh yeah. This wont have an effect on that.

Like you said, this was coming anyway. Has nothing to do with the $15 minimum.

Because they asked for $15 dollars Ford decided to create the assembly line too

fordassemblyline.jpg

Bangladeshi wages for American workers, that’s how we will get jobs back, get this economy moving again, and get back to being great.

You racist, or something?

Could be. Just depends on if albinoids get in my way.

Story of your life...

Bangladeshi wages for American workers, that’s how we will get jobs back, get this economy moving again, and get back to being great.

They're flipping burgers, not performing rocket surgery.

Story of your life...
Thats true. Albinoids have always attempted to get in my way.

Cause you by god won't stand for racists will ya.

They're flipping burgers, not performing rocket surgery.

We've been on a race to the bottom for half a century son, stay tuned, you cannot run a society on mass consumption if workers cannot consume.

I went to a McDonalds in France and they had these kiosk things to order your food. It was so annoying. They still had a few people to take orders, but no menu behind them. All I wanted was a quarter pounder, so I ordered a Royal with cheese. It came with wheat bread bun and goat cheese. Surprisingly it was good.

I can't say I didn't expect this... but... idk something doesn't feel right about that site... The presentation feels off, its unpolished.... idk I can't put my finger on it... Hacked?

idk I'm going hunting.

Is fifteen bucks an hour not worth the alternative? You tell me.

I'm very suspicious. I cannot find this mentioned on any "MSM" anywhere despite it saying it happened a month ago. Anyone else?

Did I just miss this being discussed on here? Is it actually possible that NONE of us nor the MSM picked this up when it released?? Maybe I'm tired...

Still... that Forbes site feels wrong. idk...

someone has to feed the machine.....

Forum List

Back