Thanks to Democrats – US Now 100% Dependent on 19 Strategic Rare Metals & Minerals –

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Thanks to Democrats – US Now 100% Dependent on 19 Strategic Rare Metals & Minerals – 11 of Those From China​

by Jim Hoft
January 31, 2013

Thanks to Democrats, the United States is now 100% dependent on 19 strategic rare metals and minerals.
rare-earth-map.jpg

(Seeking Alpha)

Thanks to Democrats, the United States is now tied for last, with Papua New Guinea, in the time it takes to get a permit for a new rare metal or mineral mine. And, thanks to Democrats, the United States is now 100% dependent on 19 strategic rare metals and minerals, 11 of those are from China.
American Resources Policy Network Principal Daniel McGroarty wrote about this crisis in The Wall Street Journal today.

A century ago, plentiful elements like iron, lead, and copper fueled our Nation’s transition to an industrial economy. But today, many of the materials that characterize the industrial cutting-edge—such as rare earths, indium, and lithium—are not as naturally abundant or easy to access as their predecessors…

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Thanks to Democrats ? US Now 100% Dependent on 19 Strategic Rare Metals & Minerals ? 11 of Those From China | The Gateway Pundit

Then move to China! I hear the air and water there is nice and chewy. Did it ever occur to you that those things may not be present in large quantities here? GWB signed legislation (because he was a corporate tool asshole) allowing coal companies to blow up the appalachian mountains to enhace their profits, so I'm sure if one of your beloved corporations found rare metals in the grand canyon, our plutocracy would allow them to blow that up as well.

From your own right wing blog piece:

A century ago, plentiful elements like iron, lead, and copper fueled our Nation’s transition to an industrial economy. But today, many of the materials that characterize the industrial cutting-edge—such as rare earths, indium, and lithium—are not as naturally abundant or easy to access as their predecessors…

Last edited:
Then move to China! I hear the air and water there is nice and chewy. Did it ever occur to you that those things may not be present in large quantities here? GWB signed legislation (because he was a corporate tool asshole) allowing coal companies to blow up the appalachian mountains to enhace their profits, so I'm sure if one of your beloved corporations found rare metals in the grand canyon, our plutocracy would allow them to blow that up as well.[/B]

I though they were his OIL buddies, but now I understand it was his COAL buddies. Thanks for clearing that up.:clap2:

Then move to China! I hear the air and water there is nice and chewy. Did it ever occur to you that those things may not be present in large quantities here? GWB signed legislation (because he was a corporate tool asshole) allowing coal companies to blow up the appalachian mountains to enhace their profits, so I'm sure if one of your beloved corporations found rare metals in the grand canyon, our plutocracy would allow them to blow that up as well.

From your own right wing blog piece:

What are you talking about? China, and its industrial practices are the most environmentally damaging on the planet. Environmentalist loons push legislation restricting American's from using our own resources, all in the name of preserving the Environment. Yet they don't seem to have any problem at all with China trashing the environment tenfold... Newsflash, the air and water China pollutes daily is directly connected to the same resources everyone else uses on the planet... But that doesn't seem to bother those who seek to destroy America's ability to utilize it's own resources... What a joke America is becoming by allowing these loons to infiltrate every aspect of our lives... All in the guise of saving of the Environment. The people they should be saving the Environment from ARE the Chinese.

What are you talking about? China, and its industrial practices are the most environmentally damaging on the planet. Environmentalist loons push legislation restricting American's from using our own resources, all in the name of preserving the Environment. Yet they don't seem to have any problem at all with China trashing the environment tenfold... Newsflash, the air and water China pollutes daily is directly connected to the same resources everyone else uses on the planet... But that doesn't seem to bother those who seek to destroy America's ability to utilize it's own resources... What a joke America is becoming by allowing these loons to infiltrate every aspect of our lives... All in the guise of saving of the Environment. The people they should be saving the Environment from ARE the Chinese.

Um, that was exactly my point. The OP was whining that we don't just let corporations treat our environment and public lands like China treats theirs so that the private sector can make huge profits. Apparently you would like the same?

Um, that was exactly my point. The OP was whining that we don't just let corporations treat our environment and public lands like China treats theirs so that the private sector can make huge profits. Apparently you would like the same?

Have you noticed that quite a few of the right wingers have a reading comprehension problem lately? Even of the material they post, they don't know wtf is in the article. It's funny as hell when their thread gets shot down with their own material.

Must be a virus going around. Clouding their minds. Dreaming of pollution you can chew on.

Have you noticed that quite a few of the right wingers have a reading comprehension problem lately? Even of the material they post, they don't know wtf is in the article. It's funny as hell when their thread gets shot down with their own material.

Must be a virus going around. Clouding their minds. Dreaming of pollution you can chew on.

120188_e6aefb51-20da-4e6a-b26c-667588c2af90_prod.jpg

elephant_shit.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Thanks to Democrats – US Now 100% Dependent on 19 Strategic Rare Metals & Minerals – 11 of Those From China​

by Jim Hoft
January 31, 2013

Thanks to Democrats, the United States is now 100% dependent on 19 strategic rare metals and minerals.
rare-earth-map.jpg

(Seeking Alpha)

Thanks to Democrats, the United States is now tied for last, with Papua New Guinea, in the time it takes to get a permit for a new rare metal or mineral mine. And, thanks to Democrats, the United States is now 100% dependent on 19 strategic rare metals and minerals, 11 of those are from China.
American Resources Policy Network Principal Daniel McGroarty wrote about this crisis in The Wall Street Journal today.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Thanks to Democrats ? US Now 100% Dependent on 19 Strategic Rare Metals & Minerals ? 11 of Those From China | The Gateway Pundit

There is virtually no antimony to be mined in the U.S.

I though they were his OIL buddies, but now I understand it was his COAL buddies. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nah, he was an equal-opportunity corporate butt plug, but the coal industry, oil industry and the MIC were his personal favorites.

by Jim Hoft
January 31, 2013

rare-earth-map.jpg

(Seeking Alpha)

[Excerpt]

Read more:

That's funny. Molycorp has reopened the Mountain Pass rare earth mine in Democratic California and with the approval of Obama's EPA. They're investing millions and already reaping a profit. They're selling it as fast as they can mine it.

Rare-Earth Mining Rises Again in United States | Wired Science | Wired.com

by Jim Hoft
January 31, 2013

rare-earth-map.jpg

(Seeking Alpha)

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Here's an article on the same subject from 1988. I guess Ronald Reagan was a Democrat too, huh?

Strategic Material-U.S. Vulnerability

The stuff you post is so easily refutable, it's no wonder you never come back to your own threads. I wouldn't either. Too embarrassing.

Then move to China! I hear the air and water there is nice and chewy.
Rooftops of Beijing's Forbidden City, obscured by thick smog, in Beijing, China, on January 16, 2013. (Feng Li/Getty Images)
s_c01_59565822.jpg

Interesting.....I was in gold exploration for 12 years and spent some time in Santiago, Chile. It looked a lot like this photo, too.
BTW, the gold mining industry is in a major boom. So it looks like capitialism in motion.... We are buying gold an exorbitant rates and much of it comes from the U.S. (check out Elko, Nevada....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back