Thanks for nothing Donald Trump ... Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal

Welcome to the bogus economy and TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome fueled by burgeoning debt and stoked by the First Loser.

You have to respect Donald Trump for being astute enough to recognize that the poorly-educated are a majority in US society and going after them.

Donald Trump is inflating the expectations of his howling mob by making promises he doesn't intend to keep and can't keep.

US debt has increased by $10,000 per worker during Trump's tenure while "53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year" and have traveled backward. If Trump's debt trajectory continues, the 53 million Americans will soon have a net negative value as the debt balloons to stratospheric values.

The Donald Trump trajectory portends a horrendous recession which will make Lebanon and Zimbabwe look like desirable economic models.

Good jobs are rising slower than the population which means more and more Americans are doomed to TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome.

Trump and his sycophantic associates still don't understand that the economy and job quality has not recovered from the Bush depression that caused many new graduates to lose the opportunity to establish a career in a chosen profession and many had to settle for low-quality low pay jobs. Many of these unfortunate people have not recovered from this setback and won't under Trump's leadership.

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal - Legal Reader

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal
DAWN ALLEN — January 27, 2020

Low-wage workers make up nearly half of the American workforce, and many of them are the sole breadwinners for their families.

Last November, the Brookings Institution released a study concluding that nearly half of working age Americans are employed in low-wage jobs. They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year.

The fact that 44% of the American workforce now finds itself in such a precarious economic situation might come as a surprise to those who imagine low-wage work to be the domain of teenagers, college students, the newly-hired, or those taking on side gigs for extra cash. Instead, these jobs are the main way that many people support their families, especially in smaller cities in the southern and western regions of the United States. 26% of low-wage earners are the sole breadwinners for their household, and another 25% live in households where all earners work in low-paying jobs.

Perhaps the most obvious solution to improving conditions for these workers is to provide education, retraining, and skill upgrades so that they qualify for better jobs. Indeed, 40% of low-wage workers between the ages of 25-64 have, at most, a high school diploma, while another 13% are young people without degrees who are not in school. That means, however, that nearly half of the workers in low-paying jobs already have higher levels of educational attainment.

Simply getting more education won’t cause jobs to magically appear, either. The Occupy movement was full of college-educated people who couldn’t find sufficient jobs to pay back crushing student debt. Perhaps it’s true that “they should have gotten STEM degrees,” (and not those pesky Women’s Studies or sociology majors) as those on the Libertarian/Conservative spectrum self-righteously preached in 2011, but remember how that sentiment morphed into right-wing trolls mocking laid-off “elite” journalists with the condescending mantra of “better learn to code, then” by 2019? (Besides, if everyone learned to code, it would become just another low-wage job.)
the people i know are doing a lot better than they were 3 yrs ago ! the fact is that someone who is able and willing to work is doing better . as far as individual debt ......you're probably talking credit cards ..in most cases thats do to buying a lot of things you dont need and a lack of something you and your fellow comrades hate! its called personal responsibility .

Barry Hussein almost ran up as much debt in 8 years as all other Presidents, combined.
And then trump increased Obama deficits.
Obama handed off increasing deficits.

• 2016 - $585 billion budget deficit
  • 2015 - $439 billion budget deficit
  • 2014 - $514 billion budget deficit
US Budget Deficit by Year Since 1969

Obama has been Trumped by $ Trillion deficits and rising. Donald Trump doesn't appear to understand that cutting taxes increases the deficit.

Revenues went up. How does more revenue increase deficits?
They barely went up during a strong economy. They should have increased a lot. Are you really this stupid? Deficits are a trillion and we aren’t even in a recession.

Deficits have never had anything to do with recessions. It has to do with over spending.

In the 1920s, Coolidge had a recession that was actually worse in terms of economic decline, than the 2009 sub-prime recession.

But if you look at the deficits, they actually fell. Because they cut spending. And unsurprisingly, the economy recovered extremely fast, which resulted in the roaring 20s.

Always good to see a left-winger talking down at the people they claim to be in favor of.

Comrade Trump? A perfect example of misery loves company.

But neither of us is miserable. Regardless, it just shows the contempt you have for anyone that makes less money than, just like all Left-wing trash.

Us? You and your multiple personalities?

Here's a tip. Invest in your human capital and you might profit.

I've already doubled the value of my investments. In fact, last year I had a 33% increase in the value of my portfolio.

That's with the investments from my low income. :)

Does that mean your wealth no longer doubles when you fill your gas tank on credit?

Family Dollar will miss you.

I have zero debt, or credit cards, or loans of any kind. I haven't had any since 2008, when I paid off my last debt. If I were to screen shot my credit score, it would say I have a 720 score, zero outstanding balances, and zero loans, and zero open accounts.

I can screen shot that if you really want to see it.

Living within your means, is just that. Debt is a function of over spending, not a function of how much you make. Michael Jackson was on the verge of bankruptcy when he died, after having earned by most estimates, over a billion dollars in his life.

Being smart with money is how you end up wealthy. That's why people bad with money stay poor, and people good with money end up rich.

That's some very misleading math. If you read the BLS jobs reports, you'll discover that wages have risen more in the last three years than they did in the preceding 12 years.
You've just missed the point.

The_Condition_of_Laboring_Man_at_Pullman_1894.jpg

Specifically, how is this missing the point?

That's some very misleading math. If you read the BLS jobs reports, you'll discover that wages have risen more in the last three years than they did in the preceding 12 years.

You posted a cartoon of a lie. Why?

High rent is a function of the markets.

A free market, like Texas, results in low rent. A highly regulated market, like California, results in high rent.

Low wages are also a function of the market. If you want to earn more, then do something that has a higher value. Anyone can earn more money. Anyone can. Absolutely anyone. The question is only whether you are going to be willing to do it, or not.

But neither of us is miserable. Regardless, it just shows the contempt you have for anyone that makes less money than, just like all Left-wing trash.

I've already doubled the value of my investments. In fact, last year I had a 33% increase in the value of my portfolio.

Does that mean your wealth no longer doubles when you fill your gas tank on credit?

I have zero debt, or credit cards, or loans of any kind. I haven't had any since 2008, when I paid off my last debt. If I were to screen shot my credit score, it would say I have a 720 score, zero outstanding balances, and zero loans, and zero open accounts.

Living within your means, is just that. Debt is a function of over spending, not a function of how much you make. Michael Jackson was on the verge of bankruptcy when he died, after having earned by most estimates, over a billion dollars in his life.

Being smart with money is how you end up wealthy. That's why people bad with money stay poor, and people good with money end up rich.

img_1313-whats-your-point-nana-meme-M.jpg

You posted that about me. I destroyed your judgemental ignorant claims.

That was my point.

Welcome to the bogus economy and TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome fueled by burgeoning debt and stoked by the First Loser.

You have to respect Donald Trump for being astute enough to recognize that the poorly-educated are a majority in US society and going after them.

Donald Trump is inflating the expectations of his howling mob by making promises he doesn't intend to keep and can't keep.

US debt has increased by $10,000 per worker during Trump's tenure while "53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year" and have traveled backward. If Trump's debt trajectory continues, the 53 million Americans will soon have a net negative value as the debt balloons to stratospheric values.

The Donald Trump trajectory portends a horrendous recession which will make Lebanon and Zimbabwe look like desirable economic models.

Good jobs are rising slower than the population which means more and more Americans are doomed to TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome.

Trump and his sycophantic associates still don't understand that the economy and job quality has not recovered from the Bush depression that caused many new graduates to lose the opportunity to establish a career in a chosen profession and many had to settle for low-quality low pay jobs. Many of these unfortunate people have not recovered from this setback and won't under Trump's leadership.

Low-wage workers make up nearly half of the American workforce, and many of them are the sole breadwinners for their families.

Last November, the Brookings Institution released a study concluding that nearly half of working age Americans are employed in low-wage jobs. They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year.

The fact that 44% of the American workforce now finds itself in such a precarious economic situation might come as a surprise to those who imagine low-wage work to be the domain of teenagers, college students, the newly-hired, or those taking on side gigs for extra cash. Instead, these jobs are the main way that many people support their families, especially in smaller cities in the southern and western regions of the United States. 26% of low-wage earners are the sole breadwinners for their household, and another 25% live in households where all earners work in low-paying jobs.

Perhaps the most obvious solution to improving conditions for these workers is to provide education, retraining, and skill upgrades so that they qualify for better jobs. Indeed, 40% of low-wage workers between the ages of 25-64 have, at most, a high school diploma, while another 13% are young people without degrees who are not in school. That means, however, that nearly half of the workers in low-paying jobs already have higher levels of educational attainment.

Simply getting more education won’t cause jobs to magically appear, either. The Occupy movement was full of college-educated people who couldn’t find sufficient jobs to pay back crushing student debt. Perhaps it’s true that “they should have gotten STEM degrees,” (and not those pesky Women’s Studies or sociology majors) as those on the Libertarian/Conservative spectrum self-righteously preached in 2011, but remember how that sentiment morphed into right-wing trolls mocking laid-off “elite” journalists with the condescending mantra of “better learn to code, then” by 2019? (Besides, if everyone learned to code, it would become just another low-wage job.)

the people i know are doing a lot better than they were 3 yrs ago ! the fact is that someone who is able and willing to work is doing better . as far as individual debt ......you're probably talking credit cards ..in most cases thats do to buying a lot of things you dont need and a lack of something you and your fellow comrades hate! its called personal responsibility .

If Americans stopped buying the things they don't need the economy would collapse.

And then trump increased Obama deficits.

Obama has been Trumped by $ Trillion deficits and rising. Donald Trump doesn't appear to understand that cutting taxes increases the deficit.

They barely went up during a strong economy. They should have increased a lot. Are you really this stupid? Deficits are a trillion and we aren’t even in a recession.

Deficits have never had anything to do with recessions. It has to do with over spending.

In the 1920s, Coolidge had a recession that was actually worse in terms of economic decline, than the 2009 sub-prime recession.

But if you look at the deficits, they actually fell. Because they cut spending. And unsurprisingly, the economy recovered extremely fast, which resulted in the roaring 20s.

The 'roaring twenties' accelerated the evolution of organized crime in the USA much like the Trump regime is doing by engaging in blatant criminal behavior enabled by a corrupt Attorney General. Organized crime was the biggest growth industry of the 1920s.

Not true that cutting spending in the 1920s was responsible for the economic boom of that time. The devastation of Europe from WW1 left the US in a dominant posiiton in worldwide manufacturing capacity rapid innovation and growth of manufacturing was the driving force which induced rapid economic growth.

So are your arguments.

You posted that about me. I destroyed your judgemental ignorant claims.

That was my point.

You evidently resent competition to your ignorance.

Indeed, ignorance is your finest quality.

Specifically, how is this missing the point?

You posted a cartoon of a lie. Why?
You describe an iconic cartoon classic depicting infamous dickhead Pullman literally "screwing" the workers as "a lie" and wonder what you're missing?
What was Mike G deliberately "missing" (misrepresenting, lying about)? The topic is about low wages remaining low,.. Currently "rising" or no.. Increasingly "the norm",.. Most likely since before you were born. Too low! Not sufficient to live as well as "The Greatest Generation" let alone "better than." Duh. Got two cars? In your own garage? Lucky, lucky you! Congratulations! You're far from "the norm" these days.
It's okay. I know. I know. You're so used to smearing lipstick on this pig you just can't help yourself. Take this to the bank: It won't be Trump who saves you from yourself..

What's the point of being wealthy if you choose to live like a pauper. It is the accumulation of money for money's sake.

It's not Trump fault. A great majority are opposed to having to think these days, one example is how Common Core math is ill-received. Back in the day workers knew their business inside and out. Now too many are satisfied in relying on an app and are at a loss without it. Those types as the old saying goes, are a dime a dozen.

It's not Trump fault. A great majority are opposed to having to think these days, one example is how Common Core math is ill-received. Back in the day workers knew their business inside and out. Now too many are satisfied in relying on an app and are at a loss without it. Those types as the old saying goes, are a dime a dozen.

Upton Sinclair — 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.'

Subservience to authority is a key characteristic of the US workplace after a burst of freedom in the 1960s which was eventually suppressed. That's why ex-military personnel proliferate in US businesses. They are trained to be subservient upward and demand subservience downward.

American workers now apologize for actions that require no apology because being apologetic is seen as a desirable character trait.

If Americans stopped buying the things they don't need the economy would collapse.
oh you may be right ...and then again you may be wrong ... what if instead of blowing their money they saved to put a down payment on a house that was within their means instead of paying rent ... and just what is your solution for this so called terrible economy ?

Upton Sinclair — 'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.'

Subservience to authority is a key characteristic of the US workplace after a burst of freedom in the 1960s which was eventually suppressed. That's why ex-military personnel proliferate in US businesses. They are trained to be subservient upward and demand subservience downward.

American workers now apologize for actions that require no apology because being apologetic is seen as a desirable character trait.
you dont want to work ! ok we get it ...bum !

The 'roaring twenties' accelerated the evolution of organized crime in the USA much like the Trump regime is doing by engaging in blatant criminal behavior enabled by a corrupt Attorney General. Organized crime was the biggest growth industry of the 1920s.

Not true that cutting spending in the 1920s was responsible for the economic boom of that time. The devastation of Europe from WW1 left the US in a dominant posiiton in worldwide manufacturing capacity rapid innovation and growth of manufacturing was the driving force which induced rapid economic growth.

Bit a of a ridiculous claim. So now the economic growth and the rise of the standards of living and wealth in the country, caused crime. By that logic, we should destroy the economy like Venezuela, to avoid crime?

Claiming that exports from the 1910s, is not really supportable by the data. First, your timing is off. WW1 was from 1914 to 1918. The increase in exports from 1890 to 1910 would account for most of the increased export.

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~dirwin/docs/Surge3wp.pdf
Page 4 says clearly that while exports did increase due to WW1, the real increase was in the 2 decades prior to WW1.

Additionally, while world war 2, due to mass bombing and wide scale looting in some cases, clearly caused mass damage to manufacturing and infrastructure across Europe, WW1 was far less of that. If you doubt that, all you need to do is look at German which was back to a world war military industry strength in barely 20 years, and that's with the hyper inflation of the Weimar Republic.

So what we can see is that as much damage was done, the biggest damage was the loss of life. Once you had people to run those manufacturing plants again, the plants were open and running.

This is very much unlike the Europe of WW2, where there were no factories left standing, whether you had people to run them or not.

So having read numerous papers on the roaring 20s, I have yet to come across anything anywhere, saying that a war that was over years prior, was why the economy in the roaring 20s did so well.

Further, your position isn't even logical. How did a war that was over in 1918, result in an economic boom after 1923? There was a recession in 1921. If it was the exports caused by the war that ended in 1918, is the cause of boom in 1923 through 1929... then ... why didn't those exports prevent the economic recession of 1921? Logically the exports should have been highest at the end of the war and been declining as all the men returned from the military to run the farms and manufacturing plants across Europe. Exports to Europe should have been higher in the early 20s, when they had a recession, rather than in the late 20s, when you had a boom.

So, Not buying that claim, unless you can actually back it up with some evidence. I'll consider whatever you have to offer.

What's the point of being wealthy if you choose to live like a pauper. It is the accumulation of money for money's sake.

I'm not sure how I live, is like a pauper.

However, there is a long term reason. You live a lower standard of living today, so that you can live a better standard of living tomorrow.

My parents are proof of this. They didn't live a high end life style for most of the time I was growing up. Didn't even own a TV set, let alone cable for most of my young life.

Today, they have been on cruises, and own a lake house, and went on a month long road trip out west one year. Another year the rented a room at Yellowstone for a month. They do all kinds of things.

They are millionaires today, because they lived more modestly in the past.

And many people do this.

A janitor secretly amassed an $8 million fortune and left most of it to his library and hospital

He's not living like a pauper today... that's for sure.

The entire Democratic " progressive " open boarders stuff that totally coincides with illegals aliens / American homeless is just a GINORMOUS coincidence...SHHH, pretend you don't notice....go on your tippy toes....

Forum List

Back