Thanks Cut and Run Democrats

Just as many of us have been predicting actually.

We constiuted a government in Iraq that doesn't have the support of enough Iraqis to last.

Still another reason why Bush II's land war in Asia was a bad idea.

It won't stop here, either.

Afghanistan is going to end up having been an enormous waste of American lives and treasure, too.

As much as I would love to blame Obama and the Dems for this one I can't. The blame lies at the feet of Iraqis' who are dismantling the sercurity apparatus that was built up by US Forces.
Major General Qassim al-Moussawi, Baghdad's security spokesman, told Iraqi TV: This operation shows negligence, and is considered a security breach for which Iraqi forces must take most of the blame.
Looks like the Iraqis' aren't yet able to defend themselves.

If the point you are trying to make is that the US Troops must serve as policemen to keep the peace in Iraq indefinitely then it is more evidence of the tactical blunder Bush made when he decided to invade in the first place.
Do we want to revive all that "Mission Accomplished" and "They will treat us as liberators" stuff?

As much as I would love to blame Obama and the Dems for this one I can't. The blame lies at the feet of Iraqis' who are dismantling the sercurity apparatus that was built up by US Forces.
Major General Qassim al-Moussawi, Baghdad's security spokesman, told Iraqi TV: This operation shows negligence, and is considered a security breach for which Iraqi forces must take most of the blame.
Looks like the Iraqis' aren't yet able to defend themselves.

I am actually encouraged by what the general said. Sounds to me as if they are accepting responsibility for their own security and that's how they will begin to rebuild.

In terms of Afghanistan - I agree that is (and always should have been) the primary focus of our efforts to bring the 9/11 culprits to justice. It is the SCOPE and GOAL of the operation that concerns. Our goal should not be nation-building imho - it should have been a very simple, very focused effort to deal a severe blow to the ability of Al Qaida to attack the U.S. - ONLY.
That's MY opinion anyway

I thought the massively successful surge rid Iraq of insurgents.

I am not a democrat by the way...

The surge was a huge victory.

Not for the Iraqis, instead it was a political victory for W. that allowed him enough time to leave office without being run up the flagpole by the American people for his disasterous war. 30K extra troops is statistically insignificant in Iraq.

I do give Bush credit for (finally) firing that dumb-fuck Rumsfeld and putting a competent SECDEF in charge. Gates has done a great job.

At any rate, we need an endstate for Iraq. Withdrawal is inevitable. The bloodshed that will come with us leaving (as if there wasn't bloodshed when we were there) is also inevitable.

Whether it happens now or in ten years, it's going to happen. So we might as well bring home our brothers and sisters and allow the country to find it's own equillibrium.

SIX BOMBS, 95 DEAD - CARNAGE AND DESPAIR RETURN TO IRAQ

And this is thanks to the Democrats, HOW? Dubya and DICK orchestrated this invasion and occupation.

People People stop it.

Democrats and Republicans BOTH gave Bush the authority to start this war.

Democrats AND Republicans BOTH continued to fund it without strings.

You're all idiots if you think it has to do with only bush, only obama, only dems, or only reps.

800px-H.J.Res._114_Iraq_Resolution_Votes_October_2002.png

Last edited:
People People stop it.

You're all idiots if you think it has to do with only bush, only obama, only dems, or only reps.

George Bush was Commander in Chief. Congress gave him authority to go to war at his discretion. Rather than wait for the situation on the ground to stabilize, or wait for the results from the UN weapon inspectors or listen to our allies around the world, or wait until Saddam was a direct threat....Bush chose to invade immediately

It was a collosal blunder on his part and will forever be part of his legacy

If Representatives based their votes on lies, doctored intelligence, etc ... then I think the limit of their own liability is that they failed to envision that those who lied were capable of lying. Congress doesn't have an independent intelligence agency as far as I know - at some point I think they have to trust the information they are given. If that information is wrong - then what resources do they have to determine that?
Was the information wrong through honest mistake? Was it wrong through deceitful manipulation?
I consider those crucial distinctions.

Last edited:
People People stop it.

George Bush was Commander in Chief. Congress gave him authority to go to war at his discretion. Rather than wait for the situation on the ground to stabilize, or wait for the results from the UN weapon inspectors or listen to our allies around the world, or wait until Saddam was a direct threat....Bush chose to invade immediately

It was a collosal blunder on his part and will forever be part of his legacy

It was a group effort....that is very clear.
I wasn't for the war over there, but I do place blame on both parties, and Bush.

If Representatives based their votes on lies, doctored intelligence, etc ... then I think the limit of their own liability is that they failed to envision that those who lied were capable of lying.

Beat me to it. Damn, you're good...

If Representatives based their votes on lies, doctored intelligence, etc ... then I think the limit of their own liability is that they failed to envision that those who lied were capable of lying. Congress doesn't have an independent intelligence agency as far as I know - at some point I think they have to trust the information they are given. If that information is wrong - then what resources do they have to determine that?
Was the information wrong through honest mistake? Was it wrong through deceitful manipulation?

It was wrong because under the previous administration they fragmented our ability for "intelligent" intelligence. ie. FBI-CIA. We then had to rely on outside sources for our intelligence....which all seemed to say that there was a threat that needed to be dealt with....not just from the Bush administration.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: DNC talking points that are the real lies :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Ridiculous premise, ridiculous thread. The Obama administration is following the withdrawal program laid down by the Bush administration. The violence in Iraq is fair-mindedly blamed on the terrorists. Not the Iraqi government, not ours.

Forum List

Back