Thanks Cut and Run Democrats

If Representatives based their votes on lies, doctored intelligence, etc ... then I think the limit of their own liability is that they failed to envision that those who lied were capable of lying. Congress doesn't have an independent intelligence agency as far as I know - at some point I think they have to trust the information they are given. If that information is wrong - then what resources do they have to determine that?
Was the information wrong through honest mistake? Was it wrong through deceitful manipulation?
I consider those crucial distinctions.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: DNC talking points that are the real lies :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

OK...prove the points wrong, then, Sparky.:eusa_liar:

Does this actually surprise anyone?
Bush Senior saw this same scenario as a reason NOT to invade Iraq when he had the chance. He knew that invading Iraq would unleash secular violence. He knew US troops would be needed to serve as policemen. He knew there was no easy way out of Iraq once we went in. The entire world warned baby Bush that this would be a consequence of invading.
You brag about the surge working, but fail to mention that the surge was intended as a short term action until the Iraqi government could take over. It merely proves what everyone knew beforehand about the political situation in Iraq

It was wrong because under the previous administration they fragmented our ability for "intelligent" intelligence. ie. FBI-CIA.

Let me guess. Somehow NOT Bush's fault?

Somehow your talking about "LIES"....and assuming yes, it's BUSH, BUSH, BUSH.
I have already stated that it was a group effort, and Bush. I am making a point that under Clinton, he fragmented our intell, because he didn't think we needed it in this day and age. Don't you think that it could have clouded the decision...or, is it just a lot easier going with your left wing talking points and blaming Bush, and Bush alone? Do you want to take it to that level??? Maybe we could also bring up Clinton's shortcomings as president.

Maybe we could also bring up Clinton's shortcomings as president.

I am no fan of Bill Clinton, but if memory serves, he is the last US President to balance our budget. Or are you referring to his exta-marital shortcomings?

People People stop it.

Democrats and Republicans BOTH gave Bush the authority to start this war.

Democrats AND Republicans BOTH continued to fund it without strings.

You're all idiots if you think it has to do with only bush, only obama, only dems, or only reps.

that's true.... and i blame the dems for a lot of things... like not standing up to the "patriot act" the way they should have....

but they didn't vote for the war in iraq as a first resort. if you look at the resolution, they gave bush, appropriately, the backing he presumably needed to engage in diplomatic efforts and to leverage those efforts with the threat of military action.

there was a lot bush was supposed to do, including certain reports to congress, before he was supposed to depose saddam.

If Representatives based their votes on lies, doctored intelligence, etc ... then I think the limit of their own liability is that they failed to envision that those who lied were capable of lying. Congress doesn't have an independent intelligence agency as far as I know - at some point I think they have to trust the information they are given. If that information is wrong - then what resources do they have to determine that?
Was the information wrong through honest mistake? Was it wrong through deceitful manipulation?

It was wrong because under the previous administration they fragmented our ability for "intelligent" intelligence. ie. FBI-CIA. We then had to rely on outside sources for our intelligence....which all seemed to say that there was a threat that needed to be dealt with....not just from the Bush administration.

IF we accept this premise is true, then Bush had 2 1/2 years to "fix" what was wrong with our intelligence.

Your claim also doesn't address intelligence doctoring which has been firmly established.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: DNC talking points that are the real lies :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Then it should be fairly simple for you to correct the mistakes with evidence instead of relying solely on cute lil' emoticons

It was wrong because under the previous administration they fragmented our ability for "intelligent" intelligence. ie. FBI-CIA. We then had to rely on outside sources for our intelligence....which all seemed to say that there was a threat that needed to be dealt with....not just from the Bush administration.

IF we accept this premise is true, then Bush had 2 1/2 years to "fix" what was wrong with our intelligence.

Your claim also doesn't address intelligence doctoring which has been firmly established.

2 1/2 years of fixing something as covert as intelligence? It probably takes a decade or more to fix something like that.
I don't buy in the intell doctoring....can you give a nonbias source to what your stating? I ain't saying your wrong, but the only place where I heard it was MSNBC.
I found it myself...thank you.

Last edited:
that's true.... and i blame the dems for a lot of things... like not standing up to the "patriot act" the way they should have....
Do you blame them for not only continuing it, but also strengthening it?

you mean allowing the FISA warrant requirement to be dispensed with? They couldn't have stopped that, but they should have been screaming from the rooftops.

but they were afraid they would be called "weak" and "pro-terrorist" by the wacky right... I think they should have stood up.

does that answer your question?

i thought the rest of the post a lot more salient given the subject matter of the thread, though. can i take it you agree with what I said?

Last edited:
Do you blame them for not only continuing it, but also strengthening it?

you mean allowing the FISA warrant requirement to be dispensed with? They couldn't have stopped that, but they should have been screaming from the rooftops.

but they were afraid they would be called "weak" and "pro-terrorist" by the wacky right... I think they should have stood up.

does that answer your question?
No, Jillian.

Now look -- I have in the past known you to be an honest broker. I believe on this you're missing the fact that the PA was just recently renewed and strengthened by this Congress, this administration. You should be up in arms that they haven't gotten totally RID of it. Right? They have absolute power right now.
i thought the rest of the post a lot more salient given the subject matter of the thread, though. can i take it you agree with what I said?
Of course. I am not in the habit of addressing the part of folks posts which I agree with. Flooping agreement doesn't advance the discussion.

Forum List

Back