Thanks a bunch, Dubya

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Gabriella84, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The blood of more Americans runs through the White House. Not that anyone there cares, of course. They are still figuring out how to avoid Rovergate and send people to Mars. :firing:

From Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Fourteen U.S. Marines were killed today when a huge bomb destroyed their lightly armored vehicle, hurling it into the air in a giant fireball in the deadliest roadside bombing suffered by American forces in the Iraq war.

The deaths brought to 23 the number of Marines killed in the past week in fighting along the volatile Euphrates Valley of western Iraq and marked one of the bloodiest periods for U.S. forces in months.

In all, 44 American service members have died in Iraq since July 24 — all but two in combat.

The Marines killed today were assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines based in Brook Park, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb, and attached to the Regimental Combat Team-2. Nine of them were from a single smaller unit in Columbus. A civilian translator also was killed and one Marine was wounded.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Thank you President Bush, for having the balls to stand up to an evil dictator, FORCE his compliance with the international community, and freeing MILLIONS of people.

Thank you Marines, for being his instrument.

3. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell that to their parents.
    "The world is a better place without your kids!" :mad:

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Yup...and I would tell them. As a father, it'd be of the highest compliment to know either of my kids died for a good cause...they died helping to bring freedom to millions, and security to the entire planet.

You're unable to understand such a noble concept.

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    listen you little twit.... my family members and my friends have died in every war that has been fought so you can say stupid shit like that...i have been there when the they left and when the knock came....you know nothing...if they invade the us you would be on your knees in a second....

it is not bush's fault they have been killed.....it is the people that are killing them's fault....to let people off the hook that have declared war on your nation and for killing you own countrymen is just sad and if you ever said something like to my face or the faces of those that are directly affected by these deaths i assure you that there would be two hits.....but hey you are safe you live in claifornia and are going to marry a rich republican if is safe for you to piss on the deaths of those that fight for you and make heroes out of those that kill your countrymen....

6. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If it was a noble concept, I would understand it. :finger:

The trouble is, the War in Iraq is not a good cause. It is an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation. No one is free. Iraqi live in more fear and greater poverty than they were under Saddam.

As for "security to the entire planet," try telling that to the people of London. Or Egypt, Madrid or Bali. How secure do you think they feel?

If we are going to try Saddam for "war crimes," we should try Bush as well. :finger3:

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

If you wish to debate the legality of the war, there are plenty of threads for that -

Read them...and if you have a modicum of logic/intellect, you'll learn, and change your opinion.

8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    a nobel concept is respecting those that choose to fight and die for their country.

the war is not illegal by any standard other than the made up anit bush standard...every nation has the right to defend itself as it sees fit....same as france going into the congo...or iraq invading kuwait...you just have to be able to back it up.

no clue how they feel....probaly wish they had killed all these assholes a bit quicker.

try bush ... be my guest .... what war crimes did he commit?

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I know about a dozen Iraqis and half-Iraqis who'd kick your little butt for saying so, and they each know a couple-hundred more.

10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    :trolls: