Thank Labor Unions.

Mismanagement by Big Auto destroyed Detroit. Focusing on the short term is no way to run a business.
Riiiiiiiiiight

The unions didn't decide to go with giant SUVs when gas prices hit record highs!
They also didn't decide to engineer crap and wrap it in the American flag. Does anyone remember the K-Car?
You mean the car that saved Chrysler?
That's the one. What a rattletrap. Our company bought a fleet of them when they were introduced and I doubt that all of them lasted a year. They were perhaps the primary reason I and so many others stopped buying American cars.

Oh, by the way, I don't think you've explained how it's the unions that are responsible for climbing prices and poor quality. That definitely needs explanation. Please extend me the same courtesy by providing it.

Poor quality? The worker doesnt design the product the engineers do. Then the company desides how much cheaper to make it to maximize profit. Dont you know how it works? And these "poor quality"?...Id would like to know EXACTLY what products your a speaking of.

Oh Really..

Labor Dispute Caused Poor Quality Products

defects peaked when strikers returned to the plant, and just before they went out on strike. Thus the paper provides new evidence on the impact of labor strife on the quality of production at the plant level,

And read all about my late teenage idol Mr. Deming.

W. Edwards Deming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

clearly illustrated by examining the results they produced after they were adopted by Japanese industry, as the following example shows. Ford Motor Company was simultaneously manufacturing a car model with transmissions made in Japan and the United States. Soon after the car model was on the market, Ford customers were requesting the model with Japanese transmission over the US-made transmission, and they were willing to wait for the Japanese model. As both transmissions were made to the same specifications, Ford engineers could not understand the customer preference for the model with Japanese transmission. Finally, clearly illustrated by examining the results they produced after they were adopted by Japanese industry, as the following example shows. Ford Motor Company was simultaneously manufacturing a car model with transmissions made in Japan and the United States. Soon after the car model was on the market, Ford customers were requesting the model with Japanese transmission over the US-made transmission, and they were willing to wait for the Japanese model. As both transmissions were made to the same specifications, Ford engineers could not understand the customer preference for the model with Japanese transmission. Finally, Ford engineers decided to take apart the two different transmissions. The American-made car parts were all within specified tolerance levels. On the other hand, the Japanese car parts were virtually identical to each other, and much closer to the nominal values for the parts—e.g., if a part was supposed to be one foot long, plus or minus 1/8 of an inch—then the Japanese parts were all within 1/16 of an inch, less variation. This made the Japanese cars run more smoothly and customers experienced fewer problems.[9], less variation. This made the Japanese cars run more smoothly and customers experienced fewer problems.[9]

Thank a union for Detroit

View attachment 87469

You like in a dream world of sound bites and bumper stickers. Foreign competition killed detroit moron.
No sir it was Auto Company Executives who decided to put the paint on only 3 molecules thick.

It was Auto Company Executives who decided to use thinner and thinner steel so they rusted out faster.

Auto Company Executives poor decisions drove people to foreign cards and destroyed Detroit.

Lmao, thinner steal rusts faster?
=====
It certainly does rust THROUGH faster. The thinner the steel the faster you get holes rusted in it.

How many rusted out 20 year old cars you seen lately ?

Its not because of the thickness of the steel...
Plenty, actually.

Mismanagement by Big Auto destroyed Detroit. Focusing on the short term is no way to run a business.
Riiiiiiiiiight

The unions didn't decide to go with giant SUVs when gas prices hit record highs!
They also didn't decide to engineer crap and wrap it in the American flag. Does anyone remember the K-Car?
You mean the car that saved Chrysler?
That's the one. What a rattletrap. Our company bought a fleet of them when they were introduced and I doubt that all of them lasted a year. They were perhaps the primary reason I and so many others stopped buying American cars.
The K car probably ranks invthe top ten most significant cars in history. One, it saved Chrysler. Two, it was developed into the vehicle that turned Chrysler into a money machine: the minivan!

The K car probably ranks invthe top ten most significant cars in history. One, it saved Chrysler. Two, it was developed into the vehicle that turned Chrysler into a money machine: the minivan!
"Significant" is the word, right up there with the Pinto, Chevette and Pacer.

You are a truly SPECIAL kind of stupid, kid.
The K-car was a piece of crap. Ask your grandfather about it. What impact it had on Chrysler Corporation has nothing do with the poor performance of that fleet we bought.

Do you think that insulting people who provide you with information new to you is going to work in your favor in the real world out there?

Owned a K car (actually, mine was an L-body, the basis for the K)...know several other owners. Most were perfectly happy with theirs. My mother put over 250K on hers...I honestly think she'd still own it if it had air conditioning.

Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

Labor unions today are nothing but legal extortion rackets.

Owned a K car (actually, mine was an L-body, the basis for the K)...know several other owners. Most were perfectly happy with theirs. My mother put over 250K on hers...I honestly think she'd still own it if it had air conditioning.
This looks like the model we bought a dozen of. I didn't have occasion to drive them all, but the ones I did drive were the worst vehicles I've ever driven. I was apparently not the only one of that opinion as they were all replaced the following year. At any one time only a few were operable.

It may have been a bad batch, but that's often enough to alter one's evaluation of similar products for a long time.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...OAhXEKJQKHYC4ALY4ZBAzCCYoJDAk&iact=mrc&uact=8

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
I worked you lazy fat fucks! Stop trying to get money you didn't earn!

Oh, by the way, I don't think you've explained how it's the unions that are responsible for climbing prices and poor quality. That definitely needs explanation. Please extend me the same courtesy by providing it.

Poor quality? The worker doesnt design the product the engineers do. Then the company desides how much cheaper to make it to maximize profit. Dont you know how it works? And these "poor quality"?...Id would like to know EXACTLY what products your a speaking of.
If you're confirming what I've been saying, give me a thanks. You should be quoting the people I was responding to. It's starting to look like you're taking issue with my posts by repeatedly quoting them, then agreeing with me.

You lost all credibility with me when you associated cheap goods with union labor. You mind is conquered.

Last edited:
Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

Your mad at the world because your unskilled and live in a right wing, low wage no benefits, no overtime, 6 day a week, 4 hr a day job..of which you have 3 of... ,lol, "right to work" state...lmao. Sucker.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

Your mad at the world because your unskilled and live in a right wing, low wage no benefits, no overtime, 6 day a week, 4 hr a day job..of which you have 3 of... ,lol, "right to work" state...lmao. Sucker.
I earn my money unlike you union thugs who drive jobs out of the country

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Oh Really..

Labor Dispute Caused Poor Quality Products

defects peaked when strikers returned to the plant, and just before they went out on strike. Thus the paper provides new evidence on the impact of labor strife on the quality of production at the plant level,

And read all about my late teenage idol Mr. Deming.

W. Edwards Deming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

clearly illustrated by examining the results they produced after they were adopted by Japanese industry, as the following example shows. Ford Motor Company was simultaneously manufacturing a car model with transmissions made in Japan and the United States. Soon after the car model was on the market, Ford customers were requesting the model with Japanese transmission over the US-made transmission, and they were willing to wait for the Japanese model. As both transmissions were made to the same specifications, Ford engineers could not understand the customer preference for the model with Japanese transmission. Finally, clearly illustrated by examining the results they produced after they were adopted by Japanese industry, as the following example shows. Ford Motor Company was simultaneously manufacturing a car model with transmissions made in Japan and the United States. Soon after the car model was on the market, Ford customers were requesting the model with Japanese transmission over the US-made transmission, and they were willing to wait for the Japanese model. As both transmissions were made to the same specifications, Ford engineers could not understand the customer preference for the model with Japanese transmission. Finally, Ford engineers decided to take apart the two different transmissions. The American-made car parts were all within specified tolerance levels. On the other hand, the Japanese car parts were virtually identical to each other, and much closer to the nominal values for the parts—e.g., if a part was supposed to be one foot long, plus or minus 1/8 of an inch—then the Japanese parts were all within 1/16 of an inch, less variation. This made the Japanese cars run more smoothly and customers experienced fewer problems.[9], less variation. This made the Japanese cars run more smoothly and customers experienced fewer problems.[9]

What they DONT tell you is about all of the machinery Ford bought from china because it was cheaper and meant more profit, that wouldnt mill to those tolerances en mass because the chinese machines are cheap junk...so, blame it on labor. Everyone hates labor anyway.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

I earn my money unlike you union thugs who drive jobs out of the country

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Ok, then how do you explain the prosperity to everyone from 1945 to 1970 when unions were everywhere? And almost everything made here was union made you know when It was The US that supplied the world with QUALITY goods. America was revered for it quality.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Union bosses are some of the most corrupt people on the planet... Fact

If you're confirming what I've been saying, give me a thanks. You should be quoting the people I was responding to. It's starting to look like you're taking issue with my posts by repeatedly quoting them, then agreeing with me.

You lost all credibility with me when you associated cheap goods with union labor. You mind is conquered.
You must have misread a post or two. Show me where I made such an association.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Union

Corporate ceo's and bosses are some of the most corrupt people on the planet... Fact

Forum List

Back