Texas vs Texas Tech

GREAT FUCKING GAME! Texas Tech is showing some big brass ones against the big boys. Their defense is really stepping up.

I am calling it now. If the Red Raiders hold on they still won't jump Bama and Joe Pa. It will be...

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. USC
6. Florida

Last edited:
Assuming this is how the rankings look tomorrow...

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. USC
6. Florida

...The Gators' only saving grace will be they get to play Alabama in the SEC Title Game. If we beat a #1 Bama in Atlanta that should be enough to allow us in the National Title game (possibly against Penn State...how cool would that be).

And how about my Gators? They are the best 1-loss team in college. They are also the hottest team right now and no one wants to play us. Tebow and Harvin are tearing it up and our D is playing wicked.

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!! What a statement by Texas Tech!!! And what a freakin game. Amazing ending.

LOL at the crowd rushing the field twice. Texas Tech got the penalty and they had to kick off from the 7.

I live in lubbock county. It is on fire right now heh. I am not a big college guy since there is no playoffs in Div I.

Never was a fan of popularity contests, especially to rank and name champions.

But, when UT beat OU they went to number 1 since they beat number 1.
Why wouldn't this apply? Tech is undefeated and just beat numero uno.

I live in lubbock county. It is on fire right now heh. I am not a big college guy since there is no playoffs in Div I.

Never was a fan of popularity contests, especially to rank and name champions.

But, when UT beat OU they went to number 1 since they beat number 1.
Why wouldn't this apply? Tech is undefeated and just beat numero uno.

Because BAMA has been at number 2 while two number 1's have been knocked off. Only reason. Tech played a hell of a game. It wouldn't bother me if they leap frogged us, but it won't happen. BAMA will be number 1.

That was an amazing game. I don't see Tech leapfrogging Bama, but they will leapfrog Penn State, who had an off week. The only reason Texas jumped Bama was because Bama had an off week after a lackluster showing against Kentucky the week Texas toppled Oklahoma.

Still, in the SEC championship, I don't see Bama beating Florida. Sorry, but Florida is playing MUCH better football than Bama is right now - and has been all year.

Tech has a tough road ahead. Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, and even Baylor gave Mizzou a scare.

That was an amazing game. I don't see Tech leapfrogging Bama, but they will leapfrog Penn State, who had an off week. The only reason Texas jumped Bama was because Bama had an off week after a lackluster showing against Kentucky the week Texas toppled Oklahoma.

Still, in the SEC championship, I don't see Bama beating Florida. Sorry, but Florida is playing MUCH better football than Bama is right now - and has been all year.

Tech has a tough road ahead. Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, and even Baylor gave Mizzou a scare.

I' more worried about Baton rouge than Atlanta right now. The we still have to beat Mississippi State and Auburn. I'm taking nothing for granted right now. Florida will be tough to beat, but if there is a coach in DIV I that can Meyer right now, it's Saban. If we get there, iot will be a good game. Remember, we have played our best football in GA this year. We like playing in that state right now.

but they will leapfrog Penn State

No fucking way. There is no way on God's green earth they will jump the Red Raiders over Joe Pa's undefeated team. It will be...

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. USC
6. Florida

I' more worried about Baton rouge than Atlanta right now. The we still have to beat Mississippi State and Auburn. I'm taking nothing for granted right now. Florida will be tough to beat, but if there is a coach in DIV I that can Meyer right now, it's Saban. If we get there, iot will be a good game. Remember, we have played our best football in GA this year. We like playing in that state right now.

I need you guys to win out. I need you all to be #1 when we play you in Atlanta.

LSU and Auburn are your biggest worries. Both will be wars.

LSU and Auburn are your biggest worries. Both will be wars.

You must not be paying attention. LSU is playing the worst football they have in a decade. Auburn is laughably bad. I think Auburn ties Tennessee as the worst team in the SEC right now, and that's saying a lot with how bad Arkansas is.

No fucking way. There is no way on God's green earth they will jump the Red Raiders over Joe Pa's undefeated team. It will be...

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. USC
6. Florida

Penn State's schedule is so weak, it's ridiculous. Tech just beat the top dogs. Not only would I not be surprised if they leap Penn State this week, but if they beat Oklahoma St and Oklahoma in the next two weeks, they'll jump Alabama (and rightfully so). LSU's playing horribly, and Mississippi St is laughable as usual. Two wins over those two teams won't be enough to keep Alabama at #1 over an undefeated Texas Tech team, if they can pull off the gauntlet. That will be four ranked teams in a row that Tech will have to have beaten, 3 of which will be top 10.

It's time to face the music, the Big 12 is this year's SEC. I believe the four best teams in the nation right now are Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St, and Oklahoma, in no particular order. No one else even comes close. Not to mention they have Mizzou and Kansas in their conference. The SEC may as well take a seat. Unless Alabama finished undefeated, it will be a Big 12 team against Penn St in the championship. The only hope is that Tech falls in one of their games, but even then, I see Florida having a better chance than Alabama - because I don't think Bama can handle Florida in the SEC championship. In essence, that will screw the SEC out of a title game. Who do you think the voters are going to respect more this year - a one loss SEC champion or a one loss Big 12 champion or...god fucking forbid...a one loss USC team?

You must not be paying attention. LSU is playing the worst football they have in a decade. Auburn is laughably bad. I think Auburn ties Tennessee as the worst team in the SEC right now, and that's saying a lot with how bad Arkansas is.

LSU and Auburn always show up to play BAMA. They could 1-9 going into next week and i'd still be worried.

LSU and Auburn always show up to play BAMA. They could 1-9 going into next week and i'd still be worried.

Exactly. It's what casual fans like Jsanders don't understand. I don't have the patience to explain it to him.

You are worried about LSU and Auburn...and rightfully so. People don't realize how hard these SEC teams play each other. They're usually always wars regardless of records.

I think if you get past LSU you're gold.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Exactly. It's what casual fans like Jsanders don't understand. I don't have the patience to explain it to him.

You are worried about LSU and Auburn...and rightfully so. People don't realize how hard these SEC teams play each other. They're usually always wars regardless of records.

I think if you get past LSU you're gold.

Casual fan? Don't make me laugh. I live for NCAA football, dude. I understand how tough the SEC is, but this year, it's not what it's been in the past - especially in the West. Yes, there's a chance LSU or Auburn could beat Alabama, but it's not likely. Both of those teams are playing their worst football in years, and Alabama's playing their best in years. The fact that Ole Miss beat Florida is proof positive of how tough the worst SEC teams can play, but when you look at upsets like that, you have to consider how well the better team played. Florida played horrible against Ole Miss, nothing like what they are doing now. If Alabama plays LSU and Auburn like they played Georgia, they will be easy wins. If they play LSU and Auburn like they played Kentucky, they'll have problems.

Casual fan. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back