Michigan loss snaps longest active streak

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
This season has been a complete bust for UM. With today's loss to Pursue (the only team remaining on Michigan's schedule that they appeared to have a reasonable chance of beating), their streak of consecutive years going to a bowl (33) and consecutive years without a losing season (40) have gone up in smoke.

I don't know how many of you have watched Michigan this year, but 2-7 is about right.

ESPN - Purdue wins, ending Michigan's 33-year bowl appearance streak - NCAA College Football Recap

The Big Ten is a crap conference as well as extremely overhyped. Michigan is going down faster than my high school prom date and the Luckeyes are great until they play a class team and get their annual thumping in the BCS Championship game by the SEC.

The Big Ten is a crap conference as well as extremely overhyped. Michigan is going down faster than my high school prom date and the Luckeyes are great until they play a class team and get their annual thumping in the BCS Championship game by the SEC.

Well, after that World Series you'd know all about getting a thumping....

Well, after that World Series you'd know all about getting a thumping....

Hey, I'm not complaining. Going from worst in baseball to the World Series is nothing to be ashamed about. I'm excited for next season. We have a great, young team.

Michigan and the Big Ten on the other hand...

shit.jpg

Going from worst in baseball to the World Series is nothing to be ashamed about. I'm excited for next season.

shit.jpg

As a Tigers fan, I have been through the anticipation you are now feeling (after the '06 season).

As for the Big 10, PSU is looking awfully good......

PSU is looking awfully good......

Dude, I'm calling it now. If Penn State wins out there is no way they're rankng anyone over Joe Pa. So if Texas Tech pulls off the upset tonight all the Nittany Lions have to do is win out and they're in the Big Dance. There is no way in the depths of Hell they'll deny an undefeated Joe Pa team from the National Championship.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm calling it now. If Penn State wins out there is no way they're rankng anyone over Joe Pa. So if Texas Tech pulls off the upset tonight all the Nittany Lions have to do is win out and they're in the Big Dance. There is no way in the depths of Hell they'll deny an undefeated Joe Pa team from the National Championship.

Tech did it - and what a finish. Happy Valley will be a happy place tonight.

I agree - Paterno puts an 0 in the loss column and he's in the title game. Fine with me. Anyone but the Buckeyes.

This season has been a complete bust for UM. With today's loss to Pursue (the only team remaining on Michigan's schedule that they appeared to have a reasonable chance of beating), their streak of consecutive years going to a bowl (33) and consecutive years without a losing season (40) have gone up in smoke.

I don't know how many of you have watched Michigan this year, but 2-7 is about right.

ESPN - Purdue wins, ending Michigan's 33-year bowl appearance streak - NCAA College Football Recap

I work in Ann Arbor and I work with michigan and msu grads. We all wore our fav. team jersey's when they played each other.

Msu is better than michigan this yr so I wore my msu sweater, but I usually root for u of m because usually they are the better team.

Some people can't root for the other team. I totally understand if you went to one of the schools, but many didn't.

I went to Eastern so what do I care? I just want one of them to do well.

If I lived in texas, i'd root for every pro team. Of course i'd have a favorite, but if I lived in san antonio and they sucked, I: just become a maverick fan that year.

Forum List

Back