Texas voter ID law unconstitutional

What accusations? Do you have any evidence that elections currently are fair and honest?
You don't understand.

You have no evidence that 'fraud' by identity manifests to the extent that voter ID laws are justified, and absent such evidence voter ID laws result in an undue – and un-Constitutional – burden to the fundamental right to vote.

It's what you can prove in a court of law: objective, documented evidence, not accusations, perceptions, or partisan beliefs.

I understand just fine. Failure of the government to provide fair and honest elections is an obvious violation of all American Constitutional rights. How many illegal votes does it take to void my legal vote? If the government can prove that it can do so without IDs it should do so. But the burden of proof is on the government; not me. Do you claim that a fingerprint is the same as an ID?

Requiring fingerprints to vote is probably a better idea anyway. Most folks have their fingers with them at all times at no additional cost or effort.

Fascisti!!!
Guess that means you disagree. Do you have a reason you can articulate or is acting silly the best you can do?
Loyalty oaths. Fingerprinting is a security issue? So, you suggest the government shoiuld not trust it's citizens and should force them to submit to fingerprinting in order to exercise the most fundamental franchise -- the vote?

That smacks of fascism (without the hyperbole)

How puerile of you. One must determine citizenship before the citizen can be trusted.

not all Citizens have ID's many states who have passed voter Id laws say you can't use your drivers license, or your state ID ... you have to go down to the state house a buy a voters Id ... at 25.00 dollars a pop ...

Please provide a specific state that says you can't use a drivers license or state issued identification card and where they charge for $25.00 for a voter only card with no ability to obtain such a card free.

I would like to review this claim.

Thank you in advance.

>>>>
when this all started north carolina tried passed this bill, along with ohio wisconsin ... there were quite a few states that tried it the problem they had was the the supreme court stepped in and said that was unconstitutional ... now when you register to vote I know here in colorado you have to show your drivers license or a state ID or your birth certificate ... why do you need to do it again when you go to vote is my question to you ... you've already done registered it once ... oh yes according to the court who just shot down Texas voters law they too don't have to have a ID

not all Citizens have ID's many states who have passed voter Id laws say you can't use your drivers license, or your state ID ... you have to go down to the state house a buy a voters Id ... at 25.00 dollars a pop ...

Please provide a specific state that says you can't use a drivers license or state issued identification card and where they charge for $25.00 for a voter only card with no ability to obtain such a card free.

Thank you in advance.

>>>>
when this all started north carolina tried passed this bill, along with ohio wisconsin ... there were quite a few states that tried it the problem they had was the the supreme court stepped in and said that was unconstitutional ... now when you register to vote I know here in colorado you have to show your drivers license or a state ID or your birth certificate ... why do you need to do it again when you go to vote is my question to you ... you've already done registered it once ... oh yes according to the court who just shot down Texas voters law they too don't have to have a ID

1. That doesn't support the statement you were asked about, you said "many states who have passed voter Id laws say you can't use your drivers license, or your state ID". Please cite a specific state that does not allow Driver's Licenses or State Issued Identification cards to be used for voting.

2. You deflected on your answer to a question regarding your own comment. Let me show you how this works, you asked me a question and now I answer. I registered to vote at the country clerks office for my present address in 1999. I don't vote at the country clerks office. I vote at my local polling place. Identification at the time of voter registration ensures the person registering is qualified to be registered to vote. Identification at the time of voting ensures the person casting the vote is the person who registered.

>>>>

Good news for everyone in America.

There should be no impediments to citizens voting.
Disagree.

Working People are subject to citizenship screening every time that they sign-on with a new employer.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID whenever we seek a State or Federal -issued License or Certification or Passport, etc.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID whenever we are stopped by a police officer.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID whenever traveling via specific modes of transport and on specific routes.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID for a thousand-and-one other routine and mundane transactions or tasks or events in our public lives.

Voting is taking-on responsibility for steering our political life at the national, state, regional and local levels.

It is entirely appropriate to insist that those showing-up to contribute to the steering of our political life properly identify themselves as eligible to participate before doing so.

If the law does not presently provide government with the power to insist upon this common-sense precaution, then the law should be changed.

Even if that means amending the US Constitution to overpower and overcome any stretch of the imagination that allows such foolhardy interpretations.

Thereby slamming the door in the face of the Supreme Court, and preventing its Judicial Activists from interfering.

The Constitution makes good provision for amending it and overcoming any deficiencies such as this.

Perhaps the time has come to do just that, in this context.

After January 20, 2017, anyway.

Last edited:

Thank you in advance.

>>>>

1. That doesn't support the statement you were asked about, you said "many states who have passed voter Id laws say you can't use your drivers license, or your state ID". Please cite a specific state that does not allow Driver's Licenses or State Issued Identification cards to be used for voting.

2. You deflected on your answer to a question regarding your own comment. Let me show you how this works, you asked me a question and now I answer. I registered to vote at the country clerks office for my present address in 1999. I don't vote at the country clerks office. I vote at my local polling place. Identification at the time of voter registration ensures the person registering is qualified to be registered to vote. Identification at the time of voting ensures the person casting the vote is the person who registered.

>>>>
1)AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are you just plain stupid, or naturally stupid ??? I side on the side you're naturally stupid do you have a comprehension problem ??? those were the states that passed a law saying you have to have a voters ID card you license won't work ... the court came back and said sorry charley ...

2) what you wrote is total bullshit ... when you go to vote there are people their with your name and address ... they ask you your name and address that's it thats all they need ... then they put you in line to vote ...thats all thats is needed ... this crap of have a ID is nothing more then republicans tyring to control the amount of Dems voting and nothing more .. what you wrote here is the biggest bunch of bull shit ... in my state, if you are registered they are saying now we are going towards total mail in ballots, why??? because almost 90% of the voters are mail in here... ever sense bush stole the presidency they don't trust their voting machines

I'm still laughing at you ... you said "I vote at my local polling place. Identification at the time of voter registration ensures the person registering is qualified to be registered to vote. thats funny if thats not the most stupidest thinking I don't know what is....

P.S
north carolina had to amend their law to read that drivers license are ok ... before the amendment to their voters Id law you had to get a voters Id ... that Id was iust used only for voting ... look it uo for yourself
\

1)AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are you just plain stupid, or naturally stupid ??? I side on the side you're naturally stupid do you have a comprehension problem ??? those were the states that passed a law saying you have to have a voters ID card you license won't work ... the court came back and said sorry charley ...

Awww look. You claim there are states that don't accept drivers licenses and state issued photo ID's as proof of identity for voting and you have yet to provide a link to any state law that does what you said it did.

Not surprising.

2) what you wrote is total bullshit ... when you go to vote there are people their with your name and address ... they ask you your name and address that's it thats all they need ...

How does the person at the voting check-in table know that you are the person you say you are?

>>>>

P.S
north carolina had to amend their law to read that drivers license are ok ... before the amendment to their voters Id law you had to get a voters Id ... that Id was iust used only for voting ... look it uo for yourself
\

North Carolina Makes Last-Minute Change To Voter ID Law Facing Challenge In Court

"The initial voter ID law from 2013 allowed low-income voters to get a free identity card from the state Division of Motor Vehicles. The law was considered one of the nation's strictest voter ID bills in that it didn't allow for public employee IDs or student IDs from state universities. By the state's own calculation, more than 300,000 registered voters lacked the law's acceptable forms of ID."

Voter's without Drivers Licenses or State Issued Identification ID's could vote, there was not a requirement for a "voter id" only. The State provided them free for low income persons. That doesn't mean that DL/State ID cards could not be used which is what you said.

Awww look. You claim there are states that don't accept drivers licenses and state issued photo ID's as proof of identity for voting and you have yet to provide a link to any state law that does what you said it did.

Not surprising.

2) what you wrote is total bullshit ... when you go to vote there are people their with your name and address ... they ask you your name and address that's it thats all they need ...

How does the person at the voting check-in table know that you are the person you say you are?

>>>>

They don't...and it has been working that way in California forever. Your ID was provided at the time of registration so you don't have to provide it at the polls unless it was not provided at the time of registration.

You go into the polling place, you state your name and address and then you sign the roster. It can be challenged by the Poll Workers in the polling place (which has not happened in the 10 years I've been working for a county registrar) if they don't believe the voter is who they say they are. It's one of the reasons you assign people who live in the precinct to work in the precinct.

Incidents of in person fraud occurring in those 10 years? None. Oh sure, I've had the occasional dead person voting. Of course, upon investigation it turns out that the son accidently signed the roster in his dead father's place.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I've got no problem with voter ID...if the ID comes first. When 10-11% of the electorate does not have the proper ID required by some of these more restrictive states, you're disenfranchising more voters than you are stopping fraud. (which is usually less than 1%). CA allows for 30 different forms of ID that you can present at the polls if it is required. It does not have to be a current state ID with your current name and address on it. You're allowed to get married, vote and THEN change your license...and we still count your ballot.

Not surprising.

>>>>
your question is ridiculous .... you give them your name, your address and date of birth , its that simple... how many voter will be going into a voters check-in-table and lie about who they are, full knowing its a felony when caught ,and you think they want to risk spending time in prison and never being able to vote again ??? you're nuts.... do you honestly think that the person will take time to find out where this person lives and their name, then use that persons name .... you sure do come up with the stupidest questions ... heres the deal .... in north carolina alone the republicans fully know that the biggest voting block there are democrats ... these democrats were never given a birth certificate .... they had drivers license at one time but can no longer drive ... they don't have a ID of any kind ... the estimate of these voters are over 400,000 ... who can't vote because they don't have a proper ID and can't afford one ... taking 400,000 + voters off the rolls can insure a republican victory and they know it .... just becuse you think there is fraud... the amount of frudulant voting in the past 100 years is less the .0008% of the voting population ... so you're telling us that these people who you think are committing fraud that they are willing to go to jail lose their right to vote just so a republican will lose their race ... you've got to be real stupid to buy that one..

how about this... republicans put out their platform the dems put out their platform then let the voters decided who they want and stop all of this stupid voters ID crap

Not surprising.

>>>>

They don't...and it has been working that way in California forever. Your ID was provided at the time of registration so you don't have to provide it at the polls unless it was not provided at the time of registration.

You go into the polling place, you state your name and address and then you sign the roster. It can be challenged by the Poll Workers in the polling place (which has not happened in the 10 years I've been working for a county registrar) if they don't believe the voter is who they say they are. It's one of the reasons you assign people who live in the precinct to work in the precinct.

Incidents of in person fraud occurring in those 10 years? None. Oh sure, I've had the occasional dead person voting. Of course, upon investigation it turns out that the son accidently signed the roster in his dead father's place.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I've got no problem with voter ID...if the ID comes first. When 10-11% of the electorate does not have the proper ID required by some of these more restrictive states, you're disenfranchising more voters than you are stopping fraud. (which is usually less than 1%). CA allows for 30 different forms of ID that you can present at the polls if it is required. It does not have to be a current state ID with your current name and address on it. You're allowed to get married, vote and THEN change your license...and we still count your ballot.
thats one state ... you need to look a little Further then your nose

Disagree.

Working People are subject to citizenship screening every time that they sign-on with a new employer.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID whenever we seek a State or Federal -issued License or Certification or Passport, etc.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID whenever we are stopped by a police officer.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID whenever traveling via specific modes of transport and on specific routes.

Everyone is obliged to present a valid ID for a thousand-and-one other routine and mundane transactions or tasks or events in our public lives.

Voting is taking-on responsibility for steering our political life at the national, state, regional and local levels.

It is entirely appropriate to insist that those showing-up to contribute to the steering of our political life properly identify themselves as eligible to participate before doing so.

If the law does not presently provide government with the power to insist upon this common-sense precaution, then the law should be changed.

Even if that means amending the US Constitution to overpower and overcome any stretch of the imagination that allows such foolhardy interpretations.

Thereby slamming the door in the face of the Supreme Court, and preventing its Judicial Activists from interfering.

The Constitution makes good provision for amending it and overcoming any deficiencies such as this.

everyone is Blah blah blah blah !!!!! they did that when they registered to vote... at the polls your name address and birth date is their on a 3x5 card ... you give them your name ,address, and date of birth... thatas all that is needed

P.S
\

North Carolina Makes Last-Minute Change To Voter ID Law Facing Challenge In Court

"The initial voter ID law from 2013 allowed low-income voters to get a free identity card from the state Division of Motor Vehicles. The law was considered one of the nation's strictest voter ID bills in that it didn't allow for public employee IDs or student IDs from state universities. By the state's own calculation, more than 300,000 registered voters lacked the law's acceptable forms of ID."

Voter's without Drivers Licenses or State Issued Identification ID's could vote, there was not a requirement for a "voter id" only. The State provided them free for low income persons. That doesn't mean that DL/State ID cards could not be used which is what you said.
the regulation goes into affect this 2016 boob!!!

[how about this... republicans put out their platform the dems put out their platform then let the voters decided who they want and stop all of this stupid voters ID crap

They already did. Republicans laid out their platform which included passing voter ID laws, Democrats laid out their platform against voter ID laws. Republican were elected to legislatures that passed voter ID laws.

That's what you suggest and that is what happened.

But since you were on the losing side what you called for is unacceptable.

>>>>

Not surprising.

>>>>

thats one state ... you need to look a little Further then your nose

I was explaining how it works in CA without presenting ID at the polls. You need to stop being a dick to everyone that responds to the thread. Try just having a fucking conversation.

P.S
\

the regulation goes into affect this 2016 boob!!!

North Carolina never had a voter ID law that didn't accept Drivers Licenses or State Issued ID cards as part of voting. You said "not all Citizens have ID's many states who have passed voter Id laws say you can't use your drivers license, or your state ID ..." and then point to North Carolina.

What you said never applied to North Carolina.

>>>>

Disagree.

everyone is Blah blah blah blah !!!!! they did that when they registered to vote... at the polls your name address and birth date is their on a 3x5 card ... you give them your name ,address, and date of birth... thatas all that is needed
You give them your name and address, and then you produce the ID to back up your claim.

Forum List

Back