Texas Voter ID law shot down by US Judge

Not everyone lives in the same town, state they were born in.

The whole process is just needless barriers to voting.

You can't take the person in front of you , but you can accept an absent tee from anywhere!?

If the wetbacks started voting GOP you'd be screaming for voter ID.

They ain't voting for anybody ! The whole claim is just a front for voter suppression.

Leftists think so badly of the minorities and old people. Why do think so badly of them?

U.S. judge finds Texas voter ID law was intended to discriminate
The measure requires voters to present photo identification such as a driver's license, passport or military ID card.

Plaintiffs have argued the law hits elderly and poorer voters, including minorities, hardest because they are less likely to have identification. They contend the measure is used by Republicans to suppress voters who typically align with Democrats.
------

Give me a fucking break!
-----
Ramos said the law had met criteria set by the U.S. Supreme Court to show intent that included its discriminatory impact, a pattern not explainable on other than racial grounds, Texas' history of discriminatory practices and the law's unusually swift passage.
------
I sure hope its more than them saying old, black and latino people are too stupid to get an ID

try reading the decision... with comprehension.

or you can always opine after you get some understanding of what these laws are. you might also listen to what the losers say about WHY they pass those laws--- they SAY its because they want to keep people from voting.

and we all know the fewer people vote, the more it helps rightwingnut pond scum.

you're welcome
I have to assume you read the entire 10 page decision, yet, you post absolutely no substance?
No substance....Come on Jilly, this is becoming a cliché..

You didn't read it.
Wow...judge after judge keep coming to the same conclusion...Texas was trying to suppress minority votes. How weird...it's like the GOP is trying to suppress minority voting...and got caught.
You leftists seem to think minorities are completely useless. Nothing but a bunch of dumbfucks.
If I was a minority, I would hate you.

Nope... but we know you alt-righties don't want minorities voting.

“A handful of the GOP senators were giddy about the ramifications and literally singled out the prospects of suppressing minority and college voters. Think about that for a minute. Elected officials planning and happy to help deny a fellow American’s constitutional right to vote in order to increase their own chances to hang onto power.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/...ng-voter-id-laws-for-political-gain.html?_r=0
How come you gas bags always lie? We say we don't want ILLEGALS to vote and you change to "minorities". Why do you lie like that?

Illegals aren't citizens. The law as it is even says so. Don't like that law, elect folks who will change it.

More citizens have been prevented from voting by the ID laws, than illegals stopped from voting. Trump has nearly as many people from his campaign staff who illegally voted, than the number of illegal aliens who voted.

Not really because citizens typically have ID unless they live with their moms. You just can not live an adult life without ID. Unless you are just me of those off grid weirdos.

Anytime you righties want to post a link to all this voter fraud that ID is needed to stop, feel free to do so .

The measure requires voters to present photo identification such as a driver's license, passport or military ID card.

Plaintiffs have argued the law hits elderly and poorer voters, including minorities, hardest because they are less likely to have identification. They contend the measure is used by Republicans to suppress voters who typically align with Democrats.
------

Give me a fucking break!
-----
Ramos said the law had met criteria set by the U.S. Supreme Court to show intent that included its discriminatory impact, a pattern not explainable on other than racial grounds, Texas' history of discriminatory practices and the law's unusually swift passage.
------
I sure hope its more than them saying old, black and latino people are too stupid to get an ID
That's OK... the new 5-4 Supreme Court may end-up putting that one to rest...

------

Give me a fucking break!
-----
------

When I go to the doctor , I show my ID so hummmm old people should have an ID
It would not be an issue, if all of these Americans had a govt issued photo ID, now would it?

People live their entire lives without a govt issued photo ID....

My Mother in law, got her first govt issued photo id in her mid 70's when she learned to drive...she lived her entire life without a gvt issued photo id, until then.... and she had bank accounts, bought a home, worked in a City Hospital....

You young ones, seem to think that govt issued photo id's are and have always been necessary in order to live here....when this is simply not the case....only since 9/11 have things changed and gvt issued photo id's have become a necessity for anyone young trying to establish themselves....

my first driver's license had no photo on it, my first bank account was gotten without a govt issued photo id, my first job was gotten without a gvt issued photo id, my first home was bought without a govt issued photo id....

we are no longer the land of the free, but that does not mean it was always this way....

I bet your first car was a Ford model A right? And you could buy cocaine legally from the local pharmacy...

Forum List

Back