Texas leads in US exports for 10th year in a row

Yeah!!!!

TEXAS IS KEEPING GASOLINE PRICES IN CHINA LOWER!!!!

HUZZAH!

Dumbass CONZ.
Cheering their own demise.

Jealous of what? Texas is number one in minimum wage jobs, uninsured workers, most EPA violations for clean air and clean water, most children living in poverty, highest number of dropouts. The state is a cesspool. A few rich and the rest poor, and living in poverty.

This America, is the Republican vision for the future of the country. Vote for them and you vote for this.

Texas is near the top (if not on the top) of job creation. Many, many companies choose to relocate there. And why is that?

A lot of it has to do with the low wages in a RTW state. There are simply more people willing to work for sub-standard wages.

Another reason is because of their Workers Comp laws that heavily favor the employers at the expense of the workers. The more they screw the workers the better the profit margin for companies.

Last year a Texas cop was shot point blank by a shotgun while on duty. A helicopter was called to get him the fastest transport to the hospital which may have saved his life. Yet the Workers Comp insurance said the helicopter was not "medically necessary" so the cop would be responsible for the cost.

Insult to Injury: Texas Workers' Comp System Denies, Delays Medical Help - Magazine - ABA Journal

Screwing workers increases the profit margin of companies in Texas so I can see why companies want to relocate there. And I don't blame them. But I'm shocked that the voters there would continue to stand for it.
Did it ever occur to you the low wages could result from our need to deal with a half million illegal immigrants a year coming here? Mexico shoots dead the immigrants coming over their southern borders to escape Marxist countries in central America. Texas gives them jobs, school, hospital care, etc. We don't turn people away, but we get criticized because it changes our statistics which Democrats use to prove their frivolous imaginings could be fact. It doesn't do that.

Our state motto is friendship, and we are friendly and accommodating to people who come here to live.

No. Low wages are more as a result of the current economy, high unemployment and the desire of corporations to squeeze every bit of wages and benefits out of their employees that work to enrich the company bottom line. Employees are no longer considered an "asset" to most companies.

Did it ever occur to YOU that we are a nation of immigrants and have a Statue of Liberty that expouse the words.....

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

And did it occur to you that illegal immigrants are an important part of our economy that, unfortunately, Georgia found out the hard way?

And unlike you I would never suggest murdering illegal imigrants. :Boom2:

That's what you're holding up as an example of a successful policy, aren't you? :confused:

There are simply more people willing to work for sub-standard wages.

Yes, they're called illegal immigrants.

Nope they are called desperate people willing to work for a living.

No, they're called illegal immigrants. It's true, they depress the wages of Americans, and do force them to settle for lower pay. But the illegals are the ones who drive this phenomenon. So many people praise the "business friendly" atmosphere of Texas, while also decrying the illegal immigration upon which that "business friendly" atmosphere is built. Can't have it both ways.

Texas is near the top (if not on the top) of job creation. Many, many companies choose to relocate there. And why is that?

A lot of it has to do with the low wages in a RTW state. There are simply more people willing to work for sub-standard wages.

Another reason is because of their Workers Comp laws that heavily favor the employers at the expense of the workers. The more they screw the workers the better the profit margin for companies.

Last year a Texas cop was shot point blank by a shotgun while on duty. A helicopter was called to get him the fastest transport to the hospital which may have saved his life. Yet the Workers Comp insurance said the helicopter was not "medically necessary" so the cop would be responsible for the cost.

Insult to Injury: Texas Workers' Comp System Denies, Delays Medical Help - Magazine - ABA Journal

Screwing workers increases the profit margin of companies in Texas so I can see why companies want to relocate there. And I don't blame them. But I'm shocked that the voters there would continue to stand for it.
Did it ever occur to you the low wages could result from our need to deal with a half million illegal immigrants a year coming here? Mexico shoots dead the immigrants coming over their southern borders to escape Marxist countries in central America. Texas gives them jobs, school, hospital care, etc. We don't turn people away, but we get criticized because it changes our statistics which Democrats use to prove their frivolous imaginings could be fact. It doesn't do that.

Our state motto is friendship, and we are friendly and accommodating to people who come here to live.

No. Low wages are more as a result of the current economy, high unemployment and the desire of corporations to squeeze every bit of wages and benefits out of their employees that work to enrich the company bottom line. Employees are no longer considered an "asset" to most companies.

Did it ever occur to YOU that we are a nation of immigrants and have a Statue of Liberty that expouse the words.....

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
And did it occur to you that illegal immigrants are an important part of our economy that, unfortunately, Georgia found out the hard way?

That's what you're holding up as an example of a successful policy, aren't you? :confused:
I made no such suggestion and had no such thoughts of murder, DaGoose, and you know it. I was explaining how TEXANS WELCOME people into our state and TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE HERE without looking at their drivers' licenses, skin color, DOB, etc. People get care when they come to a Texas hospital; they get educated when they come to a Texas school, clothes, food, and a roof over their head when they need one and don't have it provided by local churches, the Salvation Army, and county assistance programs.

I've heard jealous people say nasty things about my home state for years. None of it is true. All of it is lies and mean-spirited angst because Texas is a competitive state that wins new residents because we put them to work. If elites want to drub us for details, you should keep in mind a lot of them were banned from their own country, and have nothing except worry that their green card will expire in other states. 1,200 people from other states come here every day of the year. Just as many come here from across the border. They want an opportunity, and they find it here. They bring kids who have educational opportunities and wind up being doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers, architects, and scientists in less than 20 years.

Latinos carry with them a society that has strict rules about courtesy; Spanish-speaking peoples have societies that are rich in architecture, science, music, good food, and mathematical minds. They also are hard workers, and do not run from a task that has hard work attached to it.

Last edited:
Yes, they're called illegal immigrants.

Nope they are called desperate people willing to work for a living.

No, they're called illegal immigrants. It's true, they depress the wages of Americans, and do force them to settle for lower pay. But the illegals are the ones who drive this phenomenon. So many people praise the "business friendly" atmosphere of Texas, while also decrying the illegal immigration upon which that "business friendly" atmosphere is built. Can't have it both ways.

You make it sound like Texas is the only state with illegal immigrants. :cuckoo: I've got news for you. They're in nearly EVERY state and they're not dragging wages down in them either.

What else ya got? :confused:

I made no such suggestion and had no such thoughts of murder, DaGoose, and you know it. I was explaining how TEXANS WELCOME people into our state and TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE HERE without looking at their drivers' licenses, skin color, DOB, etc. People get care when they come to a Texas hospital; they get educated when they come to a Texas school, clothes, food, and a roof over their head when they need one and don't have it provided by local churches, the Salvation Army, and county assistance programs.

(All I know is that you praised Mexico for their imigration policy which, if your post "Mexico shoots dead the immigrants coming over their southern borders" was correct, is nothing more than murder. And now you want to deny them medical treatment? What about Rick Perry wanting to educate them at a college level at taxpayers expense?)

I've heard jealous people say nasty things about my home state for years. None of it is true. All of it is lies and mean-spirited angst because Texas is a competitive state that wins new residents because we put them to work. If elites want to drub us for details, you should keep in mind a lot of them were banned from their own country, and have nothing except worry that their green card will expire in other states. 1,200 people from other states come here every day of the year. Just as many come here from across the border. They want an opportunity, and they find it here. They bring kids who have educational opportunities and wind up being doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers, architects, and scientists in less than 20 years.

(And yet you pay them less than most states. The only reason they are coming to Texas is because companies are relocating there. Why? I laid it all out in post #10 and will repost again in this one. If you think they're lies then refute them.)

Latinos carry with them a society that has strict rules about courtesy; Spanish-speaking peoples have societies that are rich in architecture, science, music, good food, and mathematical minds. They also are hard workers, and do not run from a task that has hard work attached to it.

I like to think that American workers are the best in the world, no matter what their nationality is.

Reposted from #10 so freedombecki can point out the lies......

Many, many companies choose to relocate there. And why is that?

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/...rkers_comp_system_denies_delays_medical_help/

Last edited:

(All I know is that you praised Mexico for their imigration policy which, if your post "Mexico shoots dead the immigrants coming over their southern borders" was correct, is nothing more than murder. And now you want to deny them medical treatment? What about Rick Perry wanting to educate them at a college level at taxpayers expense?)

(And yet you pay them less than most states. The only reason they are coming to Texas is because companies are relocating there. Why? I laid it all out in post #10 and will repost again in this one. If you think they're lies then refute them.)

I like to think that American workers are the best in the world, no matter what their nationality is.

And your point is...?

And your point is...?

Only that when you say things like.....

I've heard jealous people say nasty things about my home state for years. None of it is true. All of it is lies and mean-spirited angst because Texas is a competitive state that wins new residents because we put them to work.

......that I'm showing you the hard truth about how Texas gets to that level of competitiveness. And it comes at the expense of working men and women by companies that don't give two shits for their employees anymore.

It has little to do with illegal immigrants. I'm not saying they have zero effect but not nearly to the extent you try and lead us to believe.

And since you cannot point out anything I posted as a lie I'm guessing that you agree that I posted the truth?

Jealous much? Bet you really hate the fact that it's a conservative state.

Oh.....and you better eat your lunch before the fly's eat it all.

Jealous of what? Texas is number one in minimum wage jobs, uninsured workers, most EPA violations for clean air and clean water, most children living in poverty, highest number of dropouts. The state is a cesspool. A few rich and the rest poor, and living in poverty.

This America, is the Republican vision for the future of the country. Vote for them and you vote for this.

That's part of the Republican policy of "Let him die".

LOL SO BLINDED BY ACTUAL REALITY.

Our blue state legislature has now allowed companies to buy off injured workers. After the session closed, without any workers present. Just big companies and the lawmakers.

This was never allowed before. But the dems folded to big business. So spare us your BS

Our blue state legislature has now allowed companies to buy off injured workers. After the session closed, without any workers present. Just big companies and the lawmakers.

This was never allowed before. But the dems folded to big business. So spare us your BS

Wow, you're right. I checked out your link and you're not a raving mentally ill lunatic.

Oh, yea, about that link.....

Wow, you're right. I checked out your link and you're not a raving mentally ill lunatic.

Oh, yea, about that link.....

Yeah, I'd like to see a link or hear more of an explanation of "allowing companies to buy off injured workers".

What does that mean? :confused:

Forum List

Back