Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
"A state district judge in Comal County said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex. Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.

The jury went against the judge’s wishes, finding Gloria Romero-Perez guilty of continuous trafficking of a person and later sentenced her to 25 years in prison. They found her not guilty of a separate charge of sale or purchase of a child.
" - Source
`
`

All I know is if that happened up here in Wisconsin, that judge would be out on their ass. However, this took place in Texas where apparently justice is also a joke.

Religious nuts sometimes confuse the voices in their head with what they think is the voice of God.

`
"A state district judge in Comal County said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex. Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.

The jury went against the judge’s wishes, finding Gloria Romero-Perez guilty of continuous trafficking of a person and later sentenced her to 25 years in prison. They found her not guilty of a separate charge of sale or purchase of a child.
" - Source
`
`

All I know is if that happened up here in Wisconsin, that judge would be out on their ass. However, this took place in Texas where apparently justice is also a joke.
Holy crap. Watch for Trump to fast-track this guy to the SC if there's another vacancy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back